The Gibbs Defense - Appeal

dimitri

I would be referring to Willie Mason's Tackle on Dean Collis after he scored early in the season to show that knees in the back is not uncommon for big fellas sliding in late to save a try.

Why punish the offender twice, once on the field and now off it.

Isnt the penalty try sufficient punishment?

It didnt look like there was much in it. another case of sensationalism on the night. Should be downgraded so he can play this weekend - but the guy is still a meathead. thats a props job i guess. :wahoo:

Is there such a thing as a meathead defense?

_"Members of the judicary, *clears throat*, let's be a little fair dinkum here. It was a Knee to the rump at best, i pursued Burt in the field of play before he dived over the line. The intention was to make a try saving tackle but inertia kicked in"_

That'd be my defence if i'm Gibbo.

Was nothing in it compared to Thurstons kick at David Williams head. It already proved costly with the 8 point try.

Go in swinging punches. Knock them all out. Can't suspend you if they are all sleeping,

Gibbs is atempting to downgrade the charge so essentially he needs to find a similar incident that was graded as a grade 1 offence. He then needs to compare his actions to this similar incident.

Off the top of my head, the Thurston incident was given a grade 1\. If Gibbs' charge is not downgraded, this will be the biggest farce since Bob Cooper's 15 month suspension.

Play footage of Justin Poore picking up an unconcious Price by the collar and dropping him on the head during Origin.

Ask why there was no charge for that.

The case essentially for kneeing is the attack of a prone player. Poores was far more deliberate and sickening yet not even cited

@innsaneink said:
"Me big, me strong, must stop one with ball….but how"?!?

:laughing: Lack of brain cells could be a defense, surely?

I would be referring to Willie Mason's Tackle on Dean Collis after he scored early in the season to show that knees in the back is not uncommon for big fellas sliding in late to save a try.

Yer he should use that footage - that was a grub act too.

He is integral to the team…who else can spin a fit ball on one finger? :unamused:

I cannot believe it hasn't been thrown out, so many worse this year that have left me scratching my head when there is no case to answer. the NRL needs to get real, it's bloody stupid that Thurston can get away with attacking the head with his feet, and Gibb's gets charged for an accidental knee. I'm sure it will be thrown out actually but it is hardly the distraction we needed this week.

He will get nailed, he has some form and isnt a golden boy in the nrl eyes. Hope iam wrong but I think he has buckleys

problem is he brings it upon himself, if it was anyother tigers player they would of got a warning for it, but becouse it was gibbs and during his career he is well known for grubby stupid decisions.
another instance is the decision of eastwood takin out soward at kogarah oval another serial grub, that will never get the benifit of the doubt. The price u pay for having these guys in ur team.

if it was anyother tigers player they would of got a warning for it, but becouse it was gibbs and during his career he is well known for grubby stupid decisions.

I can't think of one other player in our team who is a grub…

Back