The great home ground debate thread

You know in all of this discussion, which has in the main focused on the requirements of the fans, the sponsors, the corporates, the NRL, the board, the members, the impending FTA negotiations et al, not once, I repeat not once, has anyone pondered the most important question in relation to this game…...'In order to give our side the best possible chance of winning this first semi final, what things can we do or what things are we able to influence?' With apologies to my mate Ink, who I think may have mentioned this not insignificant consideration.

@Citizen Tiger said:
You know in all of this discussion, which has in the main focused on the requirements of the fans, the sponsors, the corporates, the NRL, the board, the members, the impending FTA negotiations et al, not once, I repeat not once, has anyone pondered the most important question in relation to this game…...'In order to give our side the best possible chance of winning this first semi final, what things can we do or what things are we able to influence?' With apologies to my mate Ink, who I think may have mentioned this not insignificant consideration.

totally agree CT…. we should be at LO or CS for the first semi, there is no way the dragons were going to move their home semi. roosters obviously layed down once they had a 10 point lead against the worst team in the competition so they would not be going to skilled park, instead they get a ' home ' game against the tigers ! anyway lets hope we pummel the chooks and the raiders pip the panthers and its adios chooks ... justice

@Citizen Tiger said:

Thanks mate, I did somewhere earlier this morning.
Cant find the thread now.
Thoughh thinking about it more today - I can see both points positives very clearly.
(Hearing Saints season tix holders complaining to raaaay today they cant get their grandstand seat make me think Humph has pulled the right rein - he still sucks as a punter though, must run in the family :eek:pen_mouth: )

Without the fans, theres no team, no game, no NRL

As a beer drinking Australian, I think it is great that we are playing the Rorters @ SFS.

More Rorters fans = More Lattes = Less Line up time for beer for me.

Should have been played at Leichhardt or Campbo.
\
\
End of story. they will have great support at the SFS.

i only wanted to play at the sfs if we were playin an out of sydney side… but now i dont mind the idea of playin there.... i dont fear the roosters one bit...
come on tigers.....

@Balmain Bug said:
Should have been played at Leichhardt or Campbo.
\
\
End of story. they will have great support at the SFS.

Totally agree bug. I though the aim of the game was to win - much better chance at LO or Campbo than East's home ground. Let's not forget that they play 8 more games there than we do. We would have been better off finishing 4th!!!
A mate of mine (fellow Tiger) knows Brian Smith and Smith sent him a text (as Smith would) saying "thanks for the home final". That pretty much sums it up. Dumbest decision in NRL history. :brick:

Interesting fact:
In the last 2 years (2009 and 2010) we've played more games at the SFS (10 premiership matches, + 2 foundation cup matches = 12) than either Leichhardt (7) or Campbelltown (7). Our players are certainly no strangers to the SFS.

@prattenpark said:
Interesting fact:
In the last 2 years (2009 and 2010) we've played more games at the SFS (10 premiership matches, + 2 foundation cup matches = 12) than either Leichhardt (7) or Campbelltown (7). Our players are certainly no strangers to the SFS.

Unfortunately neither are the Roosters. They've played ALL their home games at the SFS. That's the problem IMO

@clontarfkid said:
Sheens is no nutter,but he's also no Brian Smith,& certainly no Craig Bellamy,nor wayne bennett,nor…
Can understand why he,& several others on this forum,wld be extatic in making the finals fot the first time in 5 years,& so am I
To be honest most of the luck this season has gone our way,until now.Playing a team that has lapped us twice at their home ground isnt a great reward for 3rd,but if were going to go all the way, Easts are a good way to start

Yes hes no nutter but he didnt make the decision to play at the sfs .

Yes we have had luck but 09,08,07,06 we didnt have much luck at all so im sure we will take it.

Hes no brian smith or bellamy or bennett his Tim Sheens and in my opinion much better.

Brian smith-I think he must be a good coach and gets his teams to the semis but hes never won a comp.

Bellamy- Hes won comps but with a team thats so far over the cap its not funny and we know what he did for nsw so i have my doubts about all the hype about this guy.

Bennett- Won comps at broncos with a team full of interationals and im certain looking at his teams they would have probably been over the cap more then storm.Lets see him build a team from scratch and get them to the semis then i will concede.

Not sure if home ground has anything to do with it but the betting markets are up and all the home teams are clear favorites except us. Equal 1.90 - tigers and roosters on sportingbets.

@Icon said:
Not sure if home ground has anything to do with it but the betting markets are up and all the home teams are clear favorites except us. Equal 1.90 - tigers and roosters on sportingbets.

Thats probably more due to the fact that they have beaten us 3 times this year.

Yeah …I like how everyone counts the Rorters as a victory in a trial.....IIRC they ran pretty much 1 to 17 with a new coach coming of the spoon....We used 20 players and had Farah and Marshall off the field for half a game...

Reminds me of 2009 when we flogged Shellharbour 70 to blot......remember willow....Tuiaki

Members online

Back