The great home ground debate thread

@Blakeeeeeee said:
I'm not sure about other people but I think the team winning is more important than the amount of fans that they can pack into a stadium. 20,000 at leichhardt or campbelltown is a lot better than 25-30,000 at sfs.

Capacity at the SFS is 45,500 and I think it will be a fullhouse on Saturday.

I wouldn't have minded if this game was at ANZ Stadium, but it will be a great atmosphere on Saturday.

Sheens is no nutter,but he's also no Brian Smith,& certainly no Craig Bellamy,nor wayne bennett,nor…
Can understand why he,& several others on this forum,wld be extatic in making the finals fot the first time in 5 years,& so am I
To be honest most of the luck this season has gone our way,until now.Playing a team that has lapped us twice at their home ground isnt a great reward for 3rd,but if were going to go all the way, Easts are a good way to start

@spaceman said:
We are not as good a team as the 05 side….the last thing we need is to hand the oposition an advantage

We won't know that till around 8.30-9pm next Saturday Night Spacey. Wests Tigers weren't supposed to have gone as far, let alone win the Premiership in 2005\. Stranger things can happen my friend. Finals is a whole new ball game.

If Wests are good enough, then they will win where ever they play.

Good post Gobbs, there will be more Wests supporters than Easts anyway. I can't recall the last time Easts had a turnout, only against St George when they'd won a few! Personally, I would have loved a home final at Cambo or Leichhardt, but the brain's trust in the club opted against it, we move on. Where ever we go, I know what we're capable of at Finals time, and as 2005 proved, home ground advantage sometimes becomes a secondary concern.

Well, as others have said, in the end, it shouldn't matter where we play…but it does kinda feel a bit empty having a 'home' game at a ground the Roosters play at as well

im sorry but stop having a whinge, we are in the semis enjoy it, like others have said if we can't beat the roosters then whats the point of being in the semis. Yeah titans have more advantage over warriors than we do over roosters but we just have to deal with it. Whats more broncos aren't playing which is absolutely awesome!!!!!!

Go the tigers!

I'm happy. We're playing semi-final football again. And, I always thought we'd play at the SFS, for the same reason we played at the tomb in '05.

ALL finals games should be at the big grounds.
This will be a sellout crowd with great atmosphere and a lot more Tigers fans/ league lovers able to get to the ground than would otherwise be the case.
Look how well playing at Jubilee worked for the chokers last season.
Good decision by the club.
GO THE TIGES!

@softlaw said:
ALL finals games should be at the big grounds.
This will be a sellout crowd with great atmosphere and a lot more Tigers fans/ league lovers able to get to the ground than would otherwise be the case.
Look how well playing at Jubilee worked for the chokers last season.
Good decision by the club.
GO THE TIGES!

Good post softlaw. Sick of hearing people whinge about not playing at Leichhardt or Campbelltown. It's finals time and it's a new ball game and the Tigers need as many fans as they can get going into the ground to support them rather than having 15000 fans locked out and cursing the lack of ground size.

A deserving team and not pretenders will win no matter where they play. To progress right through in this finals series the team will have to keep winning at different grounds, I am sure the players are well aware of that and are preparing for the game and the opposition and not so much on the venue.

The fact is what gobbs said if we are good enough we will win…...anyway souffs are gooooooorn so im rapt.....cant wait for saturday

@Tiger Watto said:
The way I see it, Chooks, Tigers, Black Cats & Dragon are right in this comp and one could very well be raising the Norm Proven Trophy in 4 weeks. My cash is on the Tigers!!!

Norm Provan trophy?
Theyve changed the name of the NRL Trophy have they?
You need to grow up and move on watto.

all threads merged into one
please don't start more

and for the record, Wests Tigers made the right move. The club is around $300k from being the black so no doubt this will put us over the line. How many other clubs can claim that?

Int he long term the best thing for the club is winning when it counts…regardless of capacity of Leichardt or Campbelltown if it gives us a better shot it is a shame we can't play there...but there is an agreement in place so it is a pointless argument.

I see that the SFS is better for us as fans, we don't want 15,000 tigers fans missing out like someone said.

But to me, its not about getting a whole heap of Tigers fans, but limiting the number of Roosters fans. It seems we made the Top 4 more to avoid a situation like the Warriors have, where you a truly up against it.

@Icon said:
If you can buy 10 tickets per membership - does that mean if you have a family membership you can buy 40 tickets or does it still remain at 10.

By the way guys, lets stop arguing internally and get behind the players. I'm going to take as many people as possible.

Alien you're still a goose for trying to make this a Balmain v Wests thing. Get it over it.

How am I doing that? I am happy with our home final being at the SFS or ANZ Stadium.

@probids said:
We are not going to win the comp guys sorry but I am real supporter long term and you need a halfback and fullback to win the comp. It would not hurt either having the administrators of the club supporting the team either. I mean honestly do you guys think the roosters would rather play at sfs or one of our other 3 home grounds? Why don't we play it in China they have 2 billion people there and we could get a heap more in. Alan Jones, moves to Parramatta, Merge now lets give our home final advantage away in our 2nd finals campaign in 20 years. It aint rocket science

It's our second finals campaign in 11 years.

Is all this complaining going to happen every time we get a home final now? I don't remember anyone complaining in 2005 when we had our home final at ANZ Stadium. I don't think we will be playing a home final at Campbelltown Stadium or Leichhardt Oval until one of those grounds increases its capacity to atleast 30,000.

@alien said:
Is all this complaining going to happen every time we get a home final now? I don't remember anyone complaining in 2005 when we had our home final at ANZ Stadium. I don't think we will be playing a home final at Campbelltown Stadium or Leichhardt Oval until one of those grounds increases its capacity to atleast 30,000.

Come on man, even you can spot this difference.

I'm sure if we were playing the Warriors, Titans, Cowboys, Bronco's or Storm, this discussion would not be longer than 2 pages long.

You gets it?

Back