The Illawarra Mercury

Brett Thurbon

God I hate living in the 'Gong when the Dragons/Steelers are going well. Yesterday they had a full FRONT and BACK page, celebrating the victory over Manly reserve grade.
If they win the comp it will be unbearable
Bennett for Mayor, and OAM's for everyone else no doubt

Mate I know what you mean, I live in the gong as well… the 'mockery' has no idea

We have so many people at work that are Dragons fans, they all start coming out of the closet when they are doing well!!

They are all getting wayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of themselves and its getting to be torturous in the office… Can't wait for them to choke again!

Can't wait for them to choke again

I know, it should be great! One team I wouldn't like to see win the comp is the Dragons, anyone else would be fine.

@bjm8 said:
Illawarra? Its not even their team.

There was plenty of Dragons fan in the Illawarra area long before the Illawarra Steelers ever existed.

@Zaibatsu said:
We have so many people at work that are Dragons fans, they all start coming out of the closet when they are doing well!!

They are all getting wayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead of themselves and its getting to be torturous in the office… Can't wait for them to choke again!

bennett coached teams arent known to be chokers. this is a new st.george illawarra. "ding dong the witch is dead"

@Zaibatsu said:
Can't wait for them to choke again!

That'll be the highlight of the season, the more they win, the higher the pedestal will be, meaning the harder it'll be when they fall :laughing:

you guys are kidding right - we are talking about a win over manly - i don't care if they fielded an under 7 side any win over scum like manly is worth celebrating

The Leader should be ashamed of themselves then, they dont talk much about the Dragons. Shouldn't it be equally split into news about Dragons and Sharks? It is the newspaper of "The St George and Sutherland Shire"…??

Im sure the people in living in New Zealand have the all blacks pasted over their newspapers on a weekly basis lose, win or draw!

Back