The Officiating

Only problem is he would be made out to just be whinging. He needs to go in there with a list of stuff from these last 4 games. And there has been plenty to choose from.
Get him and Sheens to go in to NRL HQ and run riot as we have had many 50 / 50 calls just not go our way.

I know it is history now, however I saw a few instances whereby Titans plays flopped on our players after being tackled and no six again calls, yet the Titans were given theirs when attacking our line.

Get him and Sheens to go in to NRL HQ and run riot as we have had many 50 / 50 calls just not go our way.
It would also have a huge effect on our squad knowing the coaches are right behind them and their are other reasons for their defeats.

We must build on their commitment and reward it.

What about the sin bin? I thought penalty or 6 again at worst.
It wasn't a sin bin, that's for sure. But you know what. Lets for a moment say it was.

The EXACT same circumstances with Tamou tackled 1m from the tryline in the second half, Tigers in great attacking position .... but being layed on and hindered deliberately much longer than Peachey.....

Result?

A penalty. Tamou even asks the ref and signals 10 in the bin......

It's not the decisions, whatever they are, they are. Its the inconsistent levels of scrutiny.

Yeah we lost because of outside influences. The club must love some of our fans. Its always someone elses fault. I'm sure all at the club agrees.

The ref kept us in the game? Not sure what you're on about there.
The penalty count was against us i think in the first half and with 12 men we kept them away from our try line.
The ref onfield would make nore mistakes if we didnt have the bunker, however they still get it wrong by human error or not using the technology.
We chase our tail when it comes to officiating and constant rule changing.
Next year, players will be fitted with cameras on their boots and microphones up their buttholes😖

It wasn't a sin bin, that's for sure. But you know what. Lets for a moment say it was.

The EXACT same circumstances with Tamou tackled 1m from the tryline in the second half, Tigers in great attacking position .... but being layed on and hindered deliberately much longer than Peachey.....

Result?

A penalty. Tamou even asks the ref and signals 10 in the bin......

It's not the decisions, whatever they are, they are. Its the inconsistent levels of scrutiny.
Exactly right, I know we aren't a good team, but all I want to see is a fair rub of the green & maybe we would of won 2 or 3 games this year.

Problem imo is refs go into games having done their homework on the clubs and players they are about to officiate I am told. They get stats that say so and so team infringe on this, such and such player does that. Then they go out and almost look for it and blow the whistle. It’s called confirmation bias. Looking for things that validate what you already believe to be correct.

We do it here as well, if there is a player we like we only see the good he does or one we hate we only see the bad.

Saw this meme about Port Adelaide, but it easily relates to us too.

Attachments

• 11B5DD46-4EB1-490F-986E-CD7B554CC492.jpeg
    11B5DD46-4EB1-490F-986E-CD7B554CC492.jpeg
    759.6 KB · Views: 16
Problem imo is refs go into games having done their homework on the clubs and players they are about to officiate I am told. They get stats that say so and so team infringe on this, such and such player does that. Then they go out and almost look for it and blow the whistle. It’s called confirmation bias. Looking for things that validate what you already believe to be correct.

We do it here as well, if there is a player we like we only see the good he does or one we hate we only see the bad.
One glaring exception I can think of is Asofa-Solamona: surely the refs by now have been tipped off that he never plays the ball correctly. He does it without fail every single time, just rolls it back and steps over it. Watch the Storm play tomorrow and it will stick out like dog's plums. They will win easy tomorrow so the urgency for a quick PTB might not be there, but in a close, up-tempo game he gets away with it repeatedly.
Makes me livid watching it and nothing ever gets done about it yet other teams have players penalised for doing it as a one-off error.

Yeah we lost because of outside influences. The club must love some of our fans. Its always someone elses fault. I'm sure all at the club agrees.
Seriously, it's our fault we are where we are. No doubt. Poor decisions by the club over 10-15 years and we are paying the price.

But by any standard, we are not getting an even break. No one could deny that. Whether we deserve one or not is another story. But we are 0-4 this year and with an even break we could easily be 2-2, which changes the narrative significantly.

The refereeing was poor, I don't think anyone with no skin in the match would disagree, just the general inconsistencies across the 80 mins.

I won't say "robbed" because I don't think it had the final impact on the result, but the penalty count was something like 7-1 at one stage, then there are the inevitable equalisers in the back end of the match.

I think the ref only policed the Tigers ruck in the first 40, but then he switched and started pinging the Titans. Equalisers like in an otherwise even match tend to be an indicator of bad refereeing; i.e. neither side could score and yet somehow one was naughty, then the other, but not both at once.

Definitely should have referred the Gildart no-try, though I can understand the ruling may have gone against us, I just don't believe a referee can make that incident out so conclusively, when they check 95% of all other try-scoring situations.

The Gildart knock-on was a knock back, they are in fantasy land that a man who swipes a ball backwards, even sideways at worst, commits a knock-on. He's facing towards the corner-post when he picks the ball up; how on Earth can you have propelled the football forward if you are the only person involved and you end up fielding the ball facing to the back corner?

Of course Gildart should not have been such a retard to drop the football in that situation in the first place, but Tigers being a bad side doesn't somehow waive the obligations of the refs to let the game flow and police both sides in the same fashion for a full 80 minutes.

Even if we don't win another game ever can't keep accepting those biases against us. Regardless how good a side one is it will cost you games

Reminds me of the 80s rorts untelivised against the magpies when the league was trying to boot us out.

We have to fix our shit and they there's.

It's a travesty that Matt Cecchin was allowed to retire. He didn't always get it right, but the game flowed correctly under his whistle. Gavin Badger too, although he wasn't as good as Cecchin.

Fair enough he retired. Imagine doing your job well for 20 years, but the bosses' brother and his friends, who are all buffoons that constantly make crucial errors at critical times, get promoted over you. It's insulting that Ashley Klein and the Suttons always get the big games when they are the ones always in the headlines for making ridiculous calls.

Any game refereed by Ashley Klein or Gerard Sutton ALWAYS gets out of control. Never really saw punches or niggly stuff under Cecchin's watch.

Members online

Back