The Officiating

How did that make any sense. He said it went backwards. That should be end of story. It went backwards but he ran to the left so Titans ball.
Be interesting if text captions would pick it up.
What I think I heard was “it is not backwards as the tigers player ran in front of the ball”
Which makes the most sense. Essentially they are saying it appears backwards but it looks that way because Gildart moves forwards in front of the ball to pick the ball up.

Side note; it was mentioned in the Titans press conference vs the Eels that the unfancied teams do not get the rub of the green in 50/50 calls.
In tonight’s press conference; Todd Payten said similar, referencing Justin Hollbrooks comments and followed up with his own thoughts.

It will be really interesting to see how the league respond to it. The Fox panel of Anasta, Ennis and Cronk all laughed and said it’s not true and that Payten is very close to questioning the integrity of the officials and the league with his comments and could come under scrutiny.

Side note; it was mentioned in the Titans press conference vs the Eels that the unfancied teams do not get the rub of the green in 50/50 calls.
In tonight’s press conference; Todd Payten said similar, referencing Justin Hollbrooks comments and followed up with his own thoughts.

It will be really interesting to see how the league respond to it. The Fox panel of Anasta, Ennis and Cronk all laughed and said it’s not true and that Payten is very close to questioning the integrity of the officials and the league with his comments and could come under scrutiny.

Watch the video I posted a page or so back if you can. Gus talks about a conversation with Graham Annesley where he admits this is true. Referee’s have a natural bias in favour of stronger teams

Watch the video I posted a page or so back if you can. Gus talks about a conversation with Graham Annesley where he admits this is true. Referee’s have a natural bias in favour of stronger teams
Like it or not, it’s always been the case. Instead of complaining, we should try and improve. 5 years ago when the Panthers were average and run of the mill, they weren’t getting the rub of the green. So let’s take a leaf out of their book, utilise our massive junior nursery and become a powerhouse. Shouldn’t be too hard right?

I hope he does come under scrutiny and brings the matter to a head.

At least he has the balls to say something, I wish our meek and mild mob would say something even if it puts a bit of a dent in some of that financial windfall that Pascoe creates annually.

One thing I would really like to bring under scrutiny is the Fox panel of Anarsta, Anus and Gronk's heads with my fist.

Saw that and applaud Gus for what he said but at the same time he was smart enough to save his arse and word it in such a way saying that it was not deliberate cheating, but obviously does occur and that it is real and a problem in the game.

To me it looked at one stage that he thought he shouldn't have said what he had said and then went on to talk his way around it.

Like it or not, it’s always been the case. Instead of complaining, we should try and improve. 5 years ago when the Panthers were average and run of the mill, they weren’t getting the rub of the green. So let’s take a leaf out of their book, utilise our massive junior nursery and become a powerhouse. Shouldn’t be too hard right?

Yeah agreed. It’s frustrating when they don’t even check our try’s with the bunker, but it’s up to the team to be more disciplined in games to turn it around

Be interesting if text captions would pick it up.
What I think I heard was “it is not backwards as the tigers player ran in front of the ball”
Which makes the most sense. Essentially they are saying it appears backwards but it looks that way because Gildart moves forwards in front of the ball to pick the ball up.
That’s the only explanation that makes sense. It did sound like he said knocked backwards though. End of the day, catch the f’n ball

He awarded a penalty outside the 40m line just before halftime to Canberra and they were going to kick for goal from 52m out only to change it and call half time. Six again call and they have at least another shot before half time.

He also said after Canberra used their captains challenge and lost that Canberra have no Tackles left. He should have said no challenge left.

He is new but where is the assistance to these Refs to get it correct as they tend to referee the lesser games and that is where these teams of which we are one of them get affected.

I also found it interesting that Cronk vehemently denied the bias to stronger teams and players when he and Mr Smith always got the bias calls.

Agreed we need to get better, however Refs should ref what is in front of them not look at historical data which they admit they do.

Yeah man… the refs were good.. but I only caught the highlights of the game and it seemed fine…

Edit - just making sure you got the sarcasm mate - past your bed time I think.. a lot of calls.
Where you been ahki?

Members online

Back