The rebuild...

The "great rebuild" and focus on being a "development" Club is the Admin of this Club merely buying themselves 3 more years of failure. They're an inept bunch of fools who are taking the piss. They have created such a toxic culture here. How shit must an organisation be to finish in the bottom half 11 Seasons in a row and tell everyone "we hold ourselves to a higher standard" as a Club, if we persist with Pascoe, we don't deserve to improve.

I think at this point we need to be realistic...it is going to be a 'long' rebuild.

The best way to look at a rebuild is to identify what you don't have.

Let's try...

FB: We have no size or power there. Laurie is 'ok', but 'okay' won't get you far.

WINGS: Both are solid, but neither has pace or the athleticism of the elite wingers. We need some genuine pace on at least one side.

CENTERS: We have 4 centers who are nowhere near rep level / most are state cup depth. We need at least one, top class, player here.

PIVOT: I think we are okay here with AD.

HALF: Hard to tell with Jacko...I have watched him a lot and he was fairly poor his last season at Wigan as teams stood back once they worked out he has no speed. He is very big for a 7. I am not sure. NRL defenses seem to have already adjusted / given him space and realised he can't go through the gap. Brooks = no. Just no...been too long and won't change.

LOCK: Joe O by FAR our best player this year. But a modern 13 needs to be able to link. Has to move to prop. So, we need a ball playing 13. Maybe Rua?

BACKROW: Papalli on one side means we are set for years. Great player. The other side plus two more for depth needed. Not easy this late to find them for 23.

PROP: Geez...just terrible. Stefano has excuses, but has regressed to such a degree it is a major concern. Musgrove, Seyfarth, Tamou just not up to it. Pole may have a future. We need at least two more. Joe O would solve one spot...

HOOKER: Set here with Api. Currently the best in the game.

Best case: we may have 4 positions adequately covered.

We lack as many as 4 backrowers / props.

It will be a long rebuild folks...
Laurie is too small, has no impact when he runs the ball back, Hodgson was small but fast, Laurie slow also

the last few years is the first time we have had the cash,extra coaches,physio off sider 2 the off sider,to compete as other teams have been doing for decades,the marriage was the will for 2 NRL paupers 2 survive,were just getting up of the canvas

The "great rebuild" and focus on being a "development" Club is the Admin of this Club merely buying themselves 3 more years of failure. They're an inept bunch of fools who are taking the piss. They have created such a toxic culture here. How shit must an organisation be to finish in the bottom half 11 Seasons in a row and tell everyone "we hold ourselves to a higher standard" as a Club, if we persist with Pascoe, we don't deserve to improve.
Agree but don't forget that according to them wests tigers are a destination club 🤣

I just hope this rebuild won't need a rebuild later on down the track

I just hope this rebuild won't need a rebuild later on down the track
We’ll have another 2 or 3 rebuilds before we get back on track. Don’t forget the old fashioned clean out too. Throw in a couple of them for good measure.

The team will be shit forever unless the NRL steps in and dissolves the current board/structures (ie relocation).

a 1-6-7-9 is crucial to a great rebuild
we have a good 9 coming next year
6-7 i would like to see adam and jackson play together for the rest of the year before re-signing either of them long term, i also wonder if hastings injury is affecting him
so maybe give them till mid next season before resigning
the 1 is a huge problem i just dont like laurie at all he doesn't do much to help the halfs and hes not a elite runner or playmaker and his postional play is all over the place i just dont get the hype

1 Garrick
2 Kenny
3 Talau
4 Naden
5 Semi
6 Doueihi
7 Madden
8 stefano
9 Api
10 Tapine
11 papalli
12 Blore
13 Joffa
14 twal
15 Guler
16 RF mariner
17 pole

I don’t think this is to much to ask for next year.
it won’t break the bank.
am I dreaming or is this achievable.
don’t throw lifelines to reverse graders
and plenty of room to sign others.

the catch is, will the NRL allow us to get up off the canvas
They are the blame for our mess

Members online

Back