The Rivalry

Sabre

This week in the NRL is Rivalry Round.

**Tigers v Cowboys**
Another rivalry that has evolved drastically since they met in the 2005 Grand Final. The Tigers were of course victorious back then, but the bad blood between the clubs seems to only intensify with each encounter.

First there was the ‘wish bone’ tackle which almost ended Luke O’Donnell’s career and who can forget the old fashioned stoush between Robbie Farrah and Anthony Watts when the teams met at Leichhardt Oval last year. This promises to a Monday Night thriller at one of rugby league’s favorite grounds.

**The Clashes**
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59370/rivalry-round-clashes-wests-tigers-v-cowboys/default.aspx

am looking forward to seeing some good old fashioned " biffo" in this game.
bring it on.

Tigers are going to end up having a rivalry with every team. Farah v Watts (cowboys), Farah v Friend (titans), Farah v Ennis (dogs) and after what slater did to skando at leichhardt when he stomped on his head, we also have a rivalry with the storm. Looks like Farah has a bright future in boxing. I just wish he KO's ennis one day, but i think ennis would not dare to start something with robbie…unless he can bury his head in andrew ryans arse after a few dog shots.

ur kiddin if u think the tigers have a rivalry with the storm the only real incident was the Danny Williams king hit which was yonks ago and nothin ever eventuated from that anyways

@Torbizlo said:
Tigers are going to end up having a rivalry with every team. Farah v Watts (cowboys), Farah v Friend (titans), Farah v Ennis (dogs) and after what slater did to skando at leichhardt when he stomped on his head, we also have a rivalry with the storm. Looks like Farah has a bright future in boxing. I just wish he KO's ennis one day, but i think ennis would not dare to start something with robbie…unless he can bury his head in andrew ryans arse after a few dog shots.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i like it !

@Mystery said:
ur kiddin if u think the tigers have a rivalry with the storm the only real incident was the Danny Williams king hit which was yonks ago and nothin ever eventuated from that anyways

Does the name Jarrod McKracken ring a bell?

@Cultured Bogan said:
@Mystery said:

Does the name Jarrod McKracken ring a bell?

and Slater laying the boot into Skando at Leichhardt.

And that little twerp Slater kicking Skando then running like Paris Hilton in a B grade horror movie when Skando went after him…

@Sabre said:
This week in the NRL is Rivalry Round.

**Tigers v Cowboys**
Another rivalry that has evolved drastically since they met in the 2005 Grand Final. The Tigers were of course victorious back then, but the bad blood between the clubs seems to only intensify with each encounter.

First there was the ‘wish bone’ tackle which almost ended Luke O’Donnell’s career and who can forget the old fashioned stoush between Robbie Farrah and Anthony Watts when the teams met at Leichhardt Oval last year. This promises to a Monday Night thriller at one of rugby league’s favorite grounds.

**The Clashes**
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59370/rivalry-round-clashes-wests-tigers-v-cowboys/default.aspx

Lol, Hopoate 'finger pointing' incident :laughing:

@Mystery said:

Nothing?
It ended the Budgies NRL career

I dont feel any great rivalry with the Cowboys. Seems to me the only genuine rivalries evolve between neighbours.

@king sirro said:
I dont feel any great rivalry with the Cowboys. Seems to me the only genuine rivalries evolve between neighbours.

Major rival is Souths, always has been, always will be…..'remember 1909' as they say in the classics

@Torbizlo said:

What do you mean end up…

Rivalry every week.....EVERYTEAM.... :imp:

I'm enjoying these Cowboys games in recent years. We've had some good wins, some fierce and fiery contests in recent years. I'm betting it'll be no different here. Thurston always seems to have a tough one against us.

I think it's good. Instead of relying on a rivalry that started with Balmain or the Wests, they are running with a rivalry that started with the Wests Tigers. All power to them, traditions need to start somewhere.

@sleepyhead said:
I think it's good. Instead of relying on a rivalry that started with Balmain or the Wests, they are running with a rivalry that started with the Wests Tigers. All power to them, traditions need to start somewhere.

I agree, when I first heard we were playing the Cowboys in 'rivalry round' I didnt think much of it.

But when you think of it, if we played Souths, that was more of a Balmain rivalry.
If we played the Bulldogs or Manly, thats more of a Magpies rivalry.

We beat the Cowboys in our only Grand Final appearances. We have the bad blood between us and O'Donnell on numerous occasions with further spice being he is a former Tiger, and then of course there was Farah and Watts last year.

Its got the makings of being a very good Wests Tigers/Cowboys rivalry in future years.

Latest posts

Back