The ruck lost us the game

mtd

The ruck is the most important part of todays game, you control it, you control the game. Everytime we play Manly I notice that they manage to hold us down after a tackle alot longer than we can hold them down.

Manly were able to lay all over our players today, while the Tigers had to get up straight away. Manly were able to get away a quick play the ball, while the Tigers were left with slow ones. It means Manly had longer to get their defence set, whilst the Tigers are still getting back on side.

Has anyone noticed the same thing?

P.S. I also think the charge down (that should have been an extra set of 6) changed the game. We were all over Manly early. They had no right to be attacking in that position at that time.

We can`t cope with aggressive physical sides that run hard, straight and aggressively, it`s that simple. We have half a side willing to stand up and fight fire with fire, but we have quite a few that won`t.
It`s not all bad, Gareth helps immensely in this area and Beau Ryan never goes missing either, but we desperately need to include Junior Moors in the side, give Andrew Fifita more minutes and it may be too late for this season, but we also need David Fifita in the side, the two Fifita brothers love it when it gets physical.

Vicious, I completely agree we need more aggression but Fifita was poor today and his brother is not the answer.

Definitely need Moors in this side but we all know Skandalis will be named on the bench all year.

@hybrid_tiger said:
Vicious, I completely agree we need more aggression but Fifita was poor today and his brother is not the answer.

Definitely need Moors in this side but we all know Skandalis will be named on the bench all year.

Moors needs to be exclusively in the back row, he is not a front rower and doesn`t play anywhere near his best when used as a battering ram. We need players who will hard and aggressively on the fringes, we have Fulton he does his best, Dwyer who is coming along in leaps and bounds, Gareth who will do what`s needs, but it`s not enough, a big strong bloke like Moors completes to jigsaw and would enable us to compete physically on the fringes when playing sides like Manly.

The ruck did lose us the game today. We need to realise that we have to get over the top of every pack we play this year.

8\. Gibbs
9\. Farah
10\. Galloway
11\. Ellis
12\. Fulton
13\. Heighington

14\. Fifita
15\. Payten
16\. Moors
17\. Simon Dwyer / Jason Schrinack

That pack would be able to give us a good shot at winning the ruck each week.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@Geo. said:
Yet we had 4 forwards on the Bench….

One of them played 15 minutes, the other played about 20 in the second half and was belted.

May as well have had a back on the bench the way it was used today…

Hybrid …..Galloway, Payten and Gibbs were great in the first half.be interested to see how many metres they made..Dwyer was also good....coughing up the ball, crucial miss tackles and dumb options cost us more than the battle of the ruck....

We have been slogging it out for weeks now....It takes it's toll...Sheens went away from what he's been doing by leaving the backrowers on longer than Normal IMO...

Fifita looked unfit and was puffing hard after his first stint when he got back to the bench....

we seem to make fewer 'dominant' tackles than the opposition. that's just what i see, does anyone have any stats in this area?

Back