The Shaun Spence Appreciation Society

Flippo

Mate, this kid is good!!! Tackles anything that moves, can run the ball, absolute champion bloke. A real asset for the Tigers and a player to look forward to!

SPENCY
ORIGIN 3

Was a nice touch during the 20's as well…..Looked great on the Hill...Well Done.....

Great game from Shaun to...Set up a try stopped a try and one of the few that tackled his ring off...

@Geo. said:
SPENCY
ORIGIN 3

Was a nice touch during the 20's as well…..Looked great on the Hill...Well Done.....

Great game from Shaun to...Set up a try stopped a try and one of the few that tackled his ring off...

If only the rest of the team followed suit mate. They've leaked a few points in the last couple of matches.

Have to agree with you there Flippo - and he's been getting better since then too. Coming along nicely and it's only his first year in the squad too!

:sign:

![](http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs108.ash2/38718_413230662022_650882022_5078423_76921_n.jpg)

![](http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs381.snc4/44444_421893037022_650882022_5323768_3007232_n.jpg)

Not his best game yesterday, but he has shown the promise to develop into a strong backrower as his body matures…

He wasnt very quick yesterday. Is he playing injured?

@Tiger Watto said:
Not his best game yesterday, but he has shown the promise to develop into a strong backrower as his body matures…

needs knee surgery…..

didn't get much ball yesterday and got shuffled into the centres when the winger got stretchered off. The play also went to the other side of the field most of the day. His leg was heavily strapped too. For anyone who is judging him on one game, they wouldn't be impressed by yesterday.

is great to see that as soon as a kid has 1 or 2 bad or average games people bag them out just like the so called supporters of this club do for our first grade players!!!!! have you watched the whole season??? and if he needs knee surgery i wood love to see some of you guys out there playing in that state and see how u go as well

it is something we need to remove from this club…the bad mouthing of players after a couple of under or even average performances after they have been one of the top performers throughout the season

i don't think anyone is badmouthing him dude
in fact, going off all the amazingly positive wraps on the dude over the past couple of months, if anything all the comments have been contrary to what you've said.

anyway, you are right in what you are trying to say about general comments

@kitten said:
is great to see that as soon as a kid has 1 or 2 bad or average games people bag them out just like the so called supporters of this club do for our first grade players!!!!! have you watched the whole season??? and if he needs knee surgery i wood love to see some of you guys out there playing in that state and see how u go as well

it is something we need to remove from this club…the bad mouthing of players after a couple of under or even average performances after they have been one of the top performers throughout the season

He may well be the world's best player, however, people can only judge on what they see. He was very, very average the other day. If he was so badly injured then perhaps he should not have taken the field. We will see how he goes next year.

@Geo. said:
@Tiger Watto said:

needs knee surgery…..

Can confirm Shaun goes in for surgery on Tuesday. Will be an arthroscopy for and anything else that needs doing whilst they are in there. He's keen for a big 2011 and I'm sure those of you who have only seen the last performances will be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers and go the Tigers

@kitten said:

It happens at all clubs.
99.99% of supporters have no personal attachment to players.
I can imagine how hard it would be for a friend or a rello of a player to read the criticism on these forums. Wouldnt be easy.
Benji's mum was on here when he started….not for long though.

@Flippo said:
Can confirm Shaun goes in for surgery on Tuesday. Will be an arthroscopy for and anything else that needs doing whilst they are in there. He's keen for a big 2011 and I'm sure those of you who have only seen the last performances will be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers and go the Tigers

Woah got a bit carried away with FG being in the finals and all…

Thanks for the update...Hope Shaun is progressing well in his recovery...

Wish him all the best for next season...

I was just reading through some of the threads in the forum and came across the shaun spence appreciation society. Who writes this rubbish? Friends and rellos. I have watched this guy for a number of years and has yet to impress me. This is just not my opinion but of many. How was he made captain. What I have seen he wouldn't even be in the team if I was coach

Back