The team that could win us a premiership in 2025

Lebanese_Coach_aspiration

I think we actually have a good team but we need just a little tweak here and there.

Our forwards are clunky and lazy and our backline is mid, but we can improve with a bit of spark in the back and a bit of starch in the middle Uleh.
Look at what the doggs have done and let’s learn how to pull our socks up.
I feel the 1-5 is where the most work is required.

1. Bula (although I’m questioning this)
2. Skelton (not getting a go at doggs)
3. Olam
4. Adam Leb
5. Averillo
6. Galvin
7. Luai
8. Klem
9. Api
10 Trey Mooney
11 Angus Crichton
12. Bateman
13. Stefano
-
14. Bud/Sezer
15. Jarrod Wallace
16. Euain Aitken
17. Pole

If this team doesn’t being home the title, it should at least get to top 4 if Luai fires

We won’t be making the 8 next year at all. If you think that now you are not understanding how far behind we are. Only chance is juniors and they need 50 games before they fire. One or two signings won’t solve the problem.

Bula, Olam, Galvin, Luai, Turuva, Papalli, Api, Pole, Uto, Twal are good players.
Klemmer, Bateman getting on in their careers. We have 10 solid players and two stars Api, Luai. You would need another 5 rep players to contend.

Broncos have Cobbo, Haas, Walsh, Piakura, Reynolds, Mam, Staggs, Carrigan and Riki who are rep level players.

We are not close and broncos aren’t the best team on paper roosters, Penrith and Storm have them covered.

Yes you are probably correct…that side is a good chance at winning the KOE Cup in 2025.

We won’t be making the 8 next year at all. If you think that now you are not understanding how far behind we are. Only chance is juniors and they need 50 games before they fire. One or two signings won’t solve the problem.

Bula, Olam, Galvin, Luai, Turuva, Papalli, Api, Pole, Uto, Twal are good players.
Klemmer, Bateman getting on in their careers. We have 10 solid players and two stars Api, Luai. You would need another 5 rep players to contend.

Broncos have Cobbo, Haas, Walsh, Piakura, Reynolds, Mam, Staggs, Carrigan and Riki who are rep level players.

We are not close and broncos aren’t the best team on paper roosters, Penrith and Storm have them covered.
Don’t you think that though Luai will lift these guys up though?
I could easily see Bula, Avo, Galvin, Crichton and maybe Stef become origin stars in two years
Bateman is already international and Klem and Wallace are those hard head middles you need that are in extreme short supply right now.

Next year will be like 2004 as we will narrowly miss out on the 8. Then we will grow together as unit and 2026 will be our year. Preorder your premiership winning tshirts now!

I doubt he’ll be leaving Easts now.
Why?

Honest question. I mean Easts just tried to punt him for Fifita without telling him (as we tried to punt Klemmer). Why do Easts get this loyality when they treat players like a flight deck?

Were a damn loyal team and we get kicked.

Anyway, Crichton should be looked as an upgrade possibility for us. Not a need to have, but since Papalii may want out, we could do a swap.
I would want performance metrics in the contract though.

My take: We only need 2 or 3 signings (or juniors breaking through like Galvin this year and Bula last year) to make us a competitive top 8 side.

1. Jahream Bula
2. Israel Leota
3. Sunia Turuva
4. Justin Olam
5. X-factor winger (or placeholder until Heamasi Makasini in 2026)
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Jerone Luai
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. A-list backrower (Angus Crichton would be awesome but unlikely)
12. John Bateman
13. Isaiah Papali’I (lock is his position)

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Fonua Pole
16. Jordan Miller
17. Samuela Fainu

18. Alex Twal
19. Alex Seyfarth
20. Alex Lobb
21. Kit Laulilii (or Sione other juniors)
22. Another junior coming through

That bench has youth but intent.

My take: We only need 2 or 3 signings (or juniors breaking through like Galvin this year and Bula last year) to make us a competitive top 8 side.

1. Jahream Bula
2. Israel Leota
3. Sunia Turuva
4. Justin Olam
5. X-factor winger (or placeholder until Heamasi Makasini in 2026)
6. Lachlan Galvin
7. Jerone Luai
8. Stefano Utoikamanu
9. Apisai Koroisau (c)
10. David Klemmer
11. A-list backrower (Angus Crichton would be awesome but unlikely)
12. John Bateman
13. Isaiah Papali’I (lock is his position)

14. Tallyn Da Silva
15. Fonua Pole
16. Jordan Miller
17. Samuela Fainu

18. Alex Twal
19. Alex Seyfarth
20. Alex Lobb
21. Kit Laulilii (or Sione other juniors)
22. Another junior coming through

That bench has youth but intent.

Smart and realistic.
Love it.

Why?

Honest question. I mean Easts just tried to punt him for Fifita without telling him (as we tried to punt Klemmer). Why do Easts get this loyality when they treat players like a flight deck?

Anyway, Crichton should be looked as an upgrade possibility for us. Not a need to have, but since Papalii may want out, we could do a swap.
Because Uncle Nick has a way in smoothing over these disagreements.

Premiership :ROFLMAO: Sorry mate that ain't gonna happen. I'm sure most of us would be happy with a solid performance on the back of three spoons.

Why?

You are right habib,
He actually came out and said it to the press.
For him to go that far there shows he is seething.
Even if he was relatively polite about it.
Easts revealed they hand.

Certainly not winning the premiership next year but interesting thinking about what we need to give ourselves a shot at the 8. Still a fair bit imo….

Back