The weakest link in our club

philgood

With the players in this squad there is no doubt we are a top 4 side. The weak link is the coaching staff. Sheens and Simmons have overstayed their welcome at my club. I would hope they step down (before their contract expires next year) and leave the club with the small amount of dignity it has left.

Mate they have been unwelcome here IMO for at least three years now…nothing will change.

we cant have ellis heigno and fulton all in the starting side, they all play similar, we need diversity there. and pick a big bench, not 3 back rowers and a winger

2 props
1 impact back rower
1 legitimate utility

yeah quite a few have been saying that for a while now, mid way through '07 for me.

Sheens did a great job for us when he came on board, things changed dramatically for the club, on and off the field, but things have been stale for years really. There's the odd spark from the side and I thought things had turned around this year, but it obviously hasn't, we've gone back to stale again.

Yes, Sheens & Simmons should walk…..past their use by dates long ago

We have no hope with this clown in charge...but the ego is too strong.

The fact today was 50 and the manner of it will bring things to a head imo.
When it was obvious the game was gone I was hoping it would be as gory as possible.
That extra short term pain will result in a lot of long term gain when Sheens and the gnome do the honourable thing

Is the management and board of this club! and we all know why..

We can all blame the coach's but in essence, the players were terrible. They had no pride, no committment, nothing.
I am sure they are told all this stuff, they are professional, they should know it, but they had nothing.

I really hoped that after half time time they may have showed more but not to be. If we were serious about attracting new players why would they bother.

I have no issue with management change but we have to make sure its for the better. If the players don't have heart then maybe we should start their first.

@Muffstar said:
We can all blame the coach's but in essence, the players were terrible. They had no pride, no committment, nothing.
I am sure they are told all this stuff, they are professional, they should know it, but they had nothing.

I really hoped that after half time time they may have showed more but not to be. If we were serious about attracting new players why would they bother.

I have no issue with management change but we have to make sure its for the better. If the players don't have heart then maybe we should start their first.

More excuses for the koala bear.

Look at our playing roster from 2006 and compare to now - we've got rid of most of the dead wood players and have signed people like Tuqiri, Ellis.

The problem is the coaching staff not the players. I'm sick of the frekking excuses.

No excuses for Sheens, if he was to be replaced I am ok with that. What concerns me more is there is no committment from players, that has to come from within, something that cannot be coached.

no he didnt drop the pill or give away a penalty,…...

anyone who supports sheens dosent have a clue ....
feel free to attack me or to add to the topic ....
\
SACK SHEENS NOW ,,,,,,,, :deadhorse:

yep i have to agree, things have been stale for a while but i thought this year things were starting to look fresh again, early on the attack was still were it should be and the defense had more starch than previous years, add to that we were winning games whilst not playing particular well. everything looked like it was headed in the right direction for a good year.

sheens i thought had assembled a good looking squad this year, and i still think it looks pretty good infact, but he has proven he is not the right man to lead this team anymore. the make up of the squad looked fresher but sheens had the same stale ideas for them.
Now , i know sheens doesnt coach them to drop the ball every set or to put in a non effort in defense when things get a bit tough, but the players have stopped responding to him, they are WAY too comfortable. We can either sack most of the players or we can sack the coach.
sacking most of the players is not affordable, besides that most of them are quite talented if very out of form right now.
sacking the coach however is far more affordable and will bring with it, in a replacement ,new ideas and change the now very stale style of play this team has been raised on.
my pick is steve folkes, he is very good at coaching a strong defensive unit and a simple game plan. in my opinion his style is exactly what we need , atleast for the rest of the season. keep it simple stupid , as the saying goes. that, along with an improved attitude in defense might just be enough to get us to slide into the top8 .

I agree and take Simmons with him maybe the Cowboys will take him back Iwill be glad to put in a few bucks for the air fair

@BornBlack&Gold said:
yep i have to agree, things have been stale for a while but i thought this year things were starting to look fresh again, early on the attack was still were it should be and the defense had more starch than previous years, add to that we were winning games whilst not playing particular well. everything looked like it was headed in the right direction for a good year.

sheens i thought had assembled a good looking squad this year, and i still think it looks pretty good infact, but he has proven he is not the right man to lead this team anymore. the make up of the squad looked fresher but sheens had the same stale ideas for them.
Now , i know sheens doesnt coach them to drop the ball every set or to put in a non effort in defense when things get a bit tough, but the players have stopped responding to him, they are WAY too comfortable. We can either sack most of the players or we can sack the coach.
sacking most of the players is not affordable, besides that most of them are quite talented if very out of form right now.
sacking the coach however is far more affordable and will bring with it, in a replacement ,new ideas and change the now very stale style of play this team has been raised on.
my pick is steve folkes, he is very good at coaching a strong defensive unit and a simple game plan. in my opinion his style is exactly what we need , atleast for the rest of the season. keep it simple stupid , as the saying goes. that, along with an improved attitude in defense might just be enough to get us to slide into the top8 .

100% correct Sheens should have been shown the door in 2007

I dont beleive its the coaching staff that are responsible for a 40 point drumming. No one showed any urgency to dive on a loose ball, heads were down. Senior footballers need to lead,the easiest thing to do on a footy field is to talk. There was no spark. Sheens & co are not out there hitting it up, the players are. The players are responsible for that dismal effort. There were plenty of opportunities for the players to pull their heads out of their ass's & turn it around. Senior players should be able to take it upon themselfs to lift when needed, instead West players go into thier shells, hibernate. That is the differance between 1st grade players or the pretenders that were on display out there today. The players need to stop reading the write ups on how great they are and roll up the sleaves and do their jobs. Lawrence was spectating as the 1st Souths player went over without putting in a decent chase. Tuqiri also jersey grabbed as another souths player went over. Marshall also heard footsteps and let a bomb bounce to let another try go over he also put up two up and down kicks that asked no questions of the defence, kicked cross field on the 3rd tackle for a 50 / 50 chance. He did however kick a 40 / 20 which was great but when the cameras showed him his head was down. Now as a supposed leader dont you think he should have been trying to pump up the side. Right from the kick off it was as if no one really wanted to be out there, and its contagious. On the wall in my old club rooms there was a message that read… Winners make it happen / LOOSERS let it happen. Need I say anymore..

@hybrid_tiger said:
They obviously aren't responding to his coaching after his inspiring half time talk…

Benji wasn,t taking much notice he was cleaning his boots

@Muffstar said:

hahahahahahahaha
who signed , fulton , fitz,. and let go of skando and hodgo …..who picks a halfback ,plays him on the bench,puts his star hooker at half .selects a winger on the bench , plays fitzy at halfback...uses only 3 players off the bench ...do i need to go on .....

Staff online

Members online

Back