This weeks team is all about Why gallant wont be resigned.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@Gobbs said:
**Release:** Payne, Trimarchi, Halatau, Hanbury, Galea

**Promote:** Davis, Mataka, Akeripa, Stolk & Gower.

Agreed with Payne and Trimarchi, rest are better options than what you've listed.

I'd prefer to not promote so many players with little or no first grade experience, we would have the worst depth in the league

Im happy for Gallant but it sounds like the club is screwing him.

I hope he makes sure the option in favour of the Tigers for 2011/12 is at market $ for his form.

@Defiant said:

I hope he makes sure the option in favour of the Tigers for 2011/12 is at market $ for his form.

Martin Tauber as MM's manager will make sure the player is not screwed.

A few years ago I was disappointed with Gallants defence, he was a bit of a turn style. Eveythong alse was ok, but he really struggled to bring players down if they ran head on to him. From behind he was fine.

But to his credit he has turned that all around and imo is now one of the better defensive fullbacks in the game.

Read this morning in SMH that he is likely to re-sign in the next couple of days

@clontarfkid said:
Maybe its just me,but I thought Moltzen was a very average(at best) fullback when he played there early this year,but when he went to no 7 he injected a real spark into our attack,& took some of the playmaking responsibility off Benji(who himself improved).
As for Gallant,very impressive evasion skills & speed,& solid under high ball,but defence unfortunately now a major questionmark & he needs to do work on this area in off-season.I think a one yr deal,providing its a lot more attractive than the farcical deal he's currently on,makes a lot of sense as at 24 next yr will be his make or break

Agree he has provided a lot of spark at halfback and that's been a great move, but I thought he played really well at fullback early in the year. He certainly scored a few tries, he was probably on a steep learning curve with respect to positional play but I thought he was a lot better than average.

@smeghead said:
Moltzen is a good attacking fullback in the respect he can create something at the line.

But he is a very incomplete fullback. Positionally he is questionable as he is with directing a defensive line and running support lines through the ruck

fully agree..

@Defiant said:

On that same token, what if he continues to fall off tackles? What if he gets the yips and drops more bombs than he takes?

Has he shown enough to warrant re-signing? Barely.

Has he done enough to warrant being in our top 5 paid players like some here would lead you to believe? No way.

@TheSunTanSuperman said:
@Defiant said:

On that same token, what if he continues to fall off tackles? What if he gets the yips and drops more bombs than he takes?

Has he shown enough to warrant re-signing? Barely.

Has he done enough to warrant being in our top 5 paid players like some here would lead you to believe? No way.

Your right.

He has been good since coming back into first grade but we need greater time to make an accurate decision on where he stands.

He deserves the fullback spot atm imo however lets see how this goes.

@tomcat said:
@smeghead said:
Moltzen is a good attacking fullback in the respect he can create something at the line.

But he is a very incomplete fullback. Positionally he is questionable as he is with directing a defensive line and running support lines through the ruck

fully agree..

Thought you would

Back