This win rates as good as defeating St George in 05 semis

it's a huge call but barrett on his knees crying in '05 & orford on his knees head in hands are both great memories.
& big Pat throwing gasnier into touch is up there with Ayshfords steal on big George Rose

I assume you are just referring to the win and not the quality of football played.

MotM on the losing team, grub he is.

Great win tonite, but we couldve made it so much easier for ourselves.

Yeh it reminded me of that too, especially everytime it looked like Manly would score but blow it at the end.

@softlaw said:
it's a huge call but barrett on his knees crying in '05 & orford on his knees head in hands are both great memories.
& big Pat throwing gasnier into touch is up there with Ayshfords steal on big George Rose

well put

Nah, St G 05 Semi, still most memorable win for me.

What this game showed was Tiger passion which has been brewing since the Cowboys game. I'm loving it too. Nothing beats the 05 game against Saints though.

The only way to eclipse knocking Saints out in 05 is by knocking them out again this year.

I'm salivating at the thought.

Seriously, no comparison. They thought they had the title in the bag that year….kinda like this year LOL. We had other ideas!!

No Pacey mate - nowhere near it. That game in 05 meant so much to so many of us that it will be very hard to topple.

That being said you are 15 so enjoy the ride champ.. :slight_smile:

I mentioned to my wife after full time that the last 6 minutes was the most nervous i have been watching the Tigers since semi in 05.

(I turned up to that game as part of a buck show that went to the races; drank all arvo; backed a few winners;
Then turned up to SFS & could only stomach 1 beer. Nerves got the better of me; I just wanted to watch & analyse every play & drinking beer was a DISTANT 2nd; the most nerves ever-a lot more than GF the next week even)

great game tonight …...but ....
05 v the dragons was THE BEST ever feeling at a live game .....for the week coming in we struggled to get tickets until noycie came to the rescue to season ticket holders ... we sat in the corperate section absolutely surrounded by the cockiest saints fans you could imagine,, and wernt they giving it to us hard for two hours before kickoff ,,,,the crowd was at least 30, 000 saints to 10,000 weststigers ... but who was the loudest .....o what a game it still gives me goosebumps ......the walk out of the ground back to where the players come out was awesome ... saints fans were crying sad tears and we were crying happy tears ....ill never forget noycie telling denos mum just how great he had played with tears welling up in his eyes ....what a night ....the sensation and feeling that we were playing in the grand final , and the parra fan who told me they were gunna smash us in the g/f ,,, my reply was mate we are there ,, you guys have to get there first ....
then seeing noycie drive off in the commodore with his familly tooting his horn down driver avenue to the tune of toot toot toot toot toot toot tigerrrrrrssssss.....yes tonight was great ,,,, but 05 v saints was a dream come true ......

@tiger tigers said:
great game tonight …...but ....
05 v the dragons was THE BEST ever feeling at a live game .....for the week coming in we struggled to get tickets until noycie came to the rescue to season ticket holders ... we sat in the corperate section absolutely surrounded by the cockiest saints fans you could imagine,, and wernt they giving it to us hard for two hours before kickoff ,,,,the crowd was at least 30, 000 saints to 10,000 weststigers ... but who was the loudest .....o what a game it still gives me goosebumps ......the walk out of the ground back to where the players come out was awesome ... saints fans were crying sad tears and we were crying happy tears ....ill never forget noycie telling denos mum just how great he had played with tears welling up in his eyes ....what a night ....the sensation and feeling that we were playing in the grand final , and the parra fan who told me they were gunna smash us in the g/f ,,, my reply was mate we are there ,, you guys have to get there first ....
then seeing noycie drive off in the commodore with his familly tooting his horn down driver avenue to the tune of toot toot toot toot toot toot tigerrrrrrssssss.....yes tonight was great ,,,, but 05 v saints was a dream come true ......

That captured it perfectly mate. Took me a long time to leave the ground that night…...

nothing will ever, ever, ever beat that dragons match for me…
even if we lost the grand final in 05, i didnt care...
i spilt a beer all over some random guys girlfriend and he was completely sweet with it. thats how good a mood tigers fans were in!!

@mtd said:
nothing will ever, ever, ever beat that dragons match for me…
even if we lost the grand final in 05, i didnt care...
i spilt a beer all over some random guys girlfriend and he was completely sweet with it. thats how good a mood tigers fans were in!!

:laughing: Classic.

This game was good!
It was very good!

Not as good as the dragons semi, but bloody hell it was good!
\
\
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

@innsaneink said:
@NZTiger said:
How many there tonight? I missed the attendance figure.

For the fans that wouldnt or couldnt make the game last nite,you missed out on a top night
it felt very similar to that 05 semi against st george.deserved a bigger crowd :confused:

Very important win last night and vital for the Tigers to stay in contention to make the 8 this year, but it doesn't rate as good as beating the Dragons in 05\. That was a different situation with the winner going on to play in the Grand Final and the buildup and media attention were far more intense than last night.

As far as this season goes though, last night was the Tigers most important win against one of the competition heavyweights.

Back