Thurston anyone??

Ausmunin

In the papers (Herald and Telegraph) today they mention Parramatta going after him. They also mention that a few other clubs have spoken to his manager. I wouldn't mind seing wearing our colours. Maybe a bit too expensive though.

What do you think?

I think every club would want him, he's arguably the best player in the world.

However with him, benji, and Farah they would probably chew up at least 1/3 of the cap. Apart from that there's pretty much no chance he'd come here anyway.

@weststigerman said:
I think every club would want him, he's arguably the best player in the world.

However with him, benji, and Farah they would probably chew up at least 1/3 of the cap. Apart from that there's pretty much no chance he'd come here anyway.

Ahh what a scrum base combination that would be…... :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

We can only dream.....

You'd be a fool to knock him back but with Benji and Robbie already it certainly would be a case of squad imbalance, financially for sure.

Cowboys are offering him $700k per season. theres is now way we will be able to match that. He'll resign for Cowboys.

@Sabre said:
Cowboys are offering him $700k per season. theres is now way we will be able to match that. He'll resign for Cowboys.

Don't be so sure about that,he wants to come back to Sydney.

dont forget to moderate your self ink.. the post doesnt meet the guidelines of the forum

Man, imagine if he did sign with us. How many of us would change our tune once he is in our colours…

Purely hypothetical at the moment, of course. I will wait until I see him run out for us before deciding whether I like him then or not... :sunglasses:

I cannot for the life of me picture Thurston wearing Tigers colours. We'd probably only have a 4 man team if he signed on anyway.

Tv's second most annoying redhead mentioned on the Footy Show last night that Japanese Rugby have come through with a deal worth $1 million per season for him too.

He was offered $700,000 a season to stay at the Cowboys, he has family & friends in Townsville as well so I would imagine any offer that would top that would be just plain insane to offer one single player.

$700k is over the top as it is.

If Benji keeps going the way he is, we won't be able to afford him either, so I would rather structure our plans around keeping Benji and Robbie in the fold. If they are talking 700K for Thurston, when Benji's contract is up he will be up there too. I hope loyalty is something that still counts in a year or two.

Dreaming.

No chance at all.

BUT, I would like to have him linked to us. Lets put our hand up just so we can be seen as being active in recruitment. We never get linked to the top players.

Benji, Taumata, Ayshford, Moltzen, Lui…I'm sure there's more. I doubt we'll need anymore halves.

Taumata, Benji halves combo in form will be the most lethal in the comp. Can't wait!

Back