Tigers lack of Strike Power

BAGNF05

Maumalo 57 career tries
Brooks 42 career tries
Tamou 25 career tries

WT other = bugger all career tries

Tommy Turbo = 78 career tries

There is a real chance Turbo outscores us this Saturday. Can we win it 6-4?

Edit: I forgot Peachey but he’s playing like a busted.

Too many injuries and now Nofo and Lucy. Imagine them two plus the Jet Laurie and AD.

That's half a side.

Wonder if Seyfarth can run a line. Garner for what his worth is a wasted strike hole runner filling in at right centre.

Big outs.

But Manly has been lazy on the inside so if Stefano is half right and Peach wants to get himself back in the frame there might be something there for us.

Somehow, since our 2 wins not to worried now. At the end of the day we only lost 12 to 6 against a good defensive Saints team and were probably dudded too.

Too many injuries and now Nofo and Lucy. Imagine them two plus the Jet Laurie and AD.

That's half a side.

Wonder if Seyfarth can run a line. Garner for what his worth is a wasted strike hole runner filling in at right centre.

Big outs.

But Manly has been lazy on the inside so if Stefano is half right and Peach wants to get himself back in the frame there might be something there for us.

Somehow, since our 2 wins not to worried now. At the end of the day we only lost 12 to 6 against a good defensive Saints team and were probably dudded too.
Absolutely we've had our share of bad luck. Fringe dwellers like us can ill afford injuries unlike the top clubs.
We'll be right ol mate, we will still be here come Monday, same team different week 😀👍

The thing i wanted the players/team to show this year was resiliance and mental toughness. To a certain degree we have been showing it under a large degree of adversity both with injuries and the deaf dumb and blind officiating our games.We never had the strike power to make a large dent in the table but at this stage we are showing the sort of character that should deliver better results in the future

Our defence is ok , the pack is going forward but not many offloads,our backline just doesn't gel no strike power . I see storm ,panthers, cowboys and sharks have one similarity SPEED .they play game at high speed so other team always retreating .we need 2 fast centers and seems the jet is gone for a while. We need to import some speed

IMO we have the centres but they are not played in that position due to a failure to invest in wingers who are genuinely quick. Put Kepaoa in the centres with Coates or JAC on the wing and we have a backline. Kepaoa can set up his winger which is important but has the power, pace, passing and defence to play the position. Toa also with a quick winger outside him changes the attack from a pop gun to a phalanx.

IMO we have the centres but they are not played in that position due to a failure to invest in wingers who are genuinely quick. Put Kepaoa in the centres with Coates or JAC on the wing and we have a backline. Kepaoa can set up his winger which is important but has the power, pace, passing and defence to play the position. Toa also with a quick winger outside him changes the attack from a pop gun to a phalanx.

Due to injuries Kepaoa and Toa have not played together in the Centres.

Again due to injuries one is playing full back and the other one is on the wing.

I would love to see both players have an extended run in the centres

The thing i wanted the players/team to show this year was resiliance and mental toughness. To a certain degree we have been showing it under a large degree of adversity both with injuries and the deaf dumb and blind officiating our games.We never had the strike power to make a large dent in the table but at this stage we are showing the sort of character that should deliver better results in the future
A few years back, we had a fast backline when we had: Tedesco, Koroibete, Simona, Lawrence, supported by Farah and Marshall.

🤔 We couda shouda wouda been another Melbourne storm & we could’ve had strike power all over the park had we kept these storm players who used to play for us plus all the others we lost over the years to other clubs 😭

Papenhuyzen
Koribete
Grant
Addo Carr
Etc etc etc

😡 😤

Last edited:
🤔 We couda shouda wouda been another Melbourne storm & we could’ve had strike power all over the park had we kept these storm players who used to play for us plus all the others we lost over the years to other clubs 😭

Papenhuyzen
Koribete
Grant
Addo Carr
Blair
Rochow
Etc etc etc

😡 😤
Blair was never a junior, nor was Grant and we would have needed a coach who could develop them - something we have sorely lacked over the years.

I can't understand this raving about Kepoa all I remember is he played a few games on the wing early last year none of them good .however Talau was a good center the occasional error but could find the tryline .I hope he is back soon .and have 1-5 as 1.Laurie 2.Nofa 3.Douehi 4.Talau 5.Maumalo
and Jimmy the jet if fit as cover also Toa ok

Due to injuries Kepaoa and Toa have not played together in the Centres.

Again due to injuries one is playing full back and the other one is on the wing.

I would love to see both players have an extended run in the centres
Injuries may have impacted selections but we don't have the wingers with genuine pace to have the x factor in the backline. We all know what Korobeite and JAC could do at WTs and more recently Coates at the Storm.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back