Tigers positives

I think sheens magic dust is finally working
Consistent high completions, run arounds, fends, wrist bands for grip & continously experimenting with things to better the team like bringing in bula after trying laurie, douihi, staines at fb
Plenty of positives to take out of the past month
We are finally moving in the right direction & starting to look like an nrl team

Last edited:
My opinion is that our defence this season isn’t that much improved, however teams are scoring less against us.
I put this down to other factors including
1. Possession. For years we have turned the ball over cheaply, often at our end. This has allowed sustained pressure on our line which has resulted in points. Even on the weekend when we got dusted 20 blot, possession was 50/50. Most weeks we have been ahead on this stat.
2. Completion rates. Another stat we have been woeful at for years is getting to our kick. This goes hand in hand with possession but completing your sets gives better field position and adds to fatigue to the opposition as they are completing more tackles. Have a look at our completion rates and tackles made this year. We are competing well in these areas.
3. Field position. By holding the ball, getting to our kicks and forcing the opposition to make more tackles, we are often spending a lot of time in the oppositions half. This is also a new occurrence for us.
4. Discipline. If you add penalties conceded with ruck infringements (tackle restarts), most weeks we come out in front on the stat sheet. This aids possession and field position.

We are strangling teams for good portions of the game due to the above and this is slowing down scoring rates.
This is a positive.
Interesting analysis.

I feel our forwards are doing the work, while our backline is still disjoined.
1. 100% agreed possession has improved. In part we are not getting out muscled each game..
2. Completion rates? Under Sheens Completion rates have gone UP!! How on earth is this possible? Sheens I thought was wanting us to kick on the 3rd/4th...
3. We still have a long way to go with Field position.
4. For a Sheens coached team we are very Disciplined. Were better then last year.
5. Where are the Plays? Where is the Sheenius, the crazy ball move where a flick pass happens out of nowhere and a try is scored.
6. Were still needing a really good Centre/back. Huge gap in our backline and we still don't seem to "gel" defensively and that is my main concern.
7. What is going on with the ladder. My condolences to anyone in a tipping competition at the moment.

I think sheens magic dust is finally working
Consistent high completions, run arounds, fends, wrist bands for grip & continously experimenting with things to better the team like bringing in bula after trying laurie, douihi, staines at fb
Plenty of positives to take out of the past month
We are finally moving in the right direction & starting to look like an nrl team
Okay. Sheens is known for:
Fends, Run arounds and experimental stuff like wrist bands.

Sheens is NOT known for Completion rates. Not at all, not for any team he coaches.
That's something new to the team and something maybe coming from Furner, Benji or Farah. It may also be because we have a hell of a pack.

Okay. Sheens is known for:
Fends, Run arounds and experimental stuff like wrist bands.

Sheens is NOT known for Completion rates. Not at all, not for any team he coaches.
That's something new to the team and something maybe coming from Furner, Benji or Farah. It may also be because we have a hell of a pack.

Furner for defence
Benji & Farah for attack
Sheens probably using a mysterious substance for the ball to stick & complete high 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
But you're probably right our great pack has rubbed off on the rest of the squad who've been pretty average for a while & who've been attacking & defending poorly for years but have recently toughened up mentally in both departments & are now doing consistently well

Last edited:
Big positive on Saturday night was Wakehams Goal Kicking.
Sure ,not the elite half we all want but he was a last minute signing who we all thought would probably play a few games here and there.
He’s exceeded expectations and starting to form a few nice combinations.

Big positive on Saturday night was Wakehams Goal Kicking.
Sure ,not the elite half we all want but he was a last minute signing who we all thought would probably play a few games here and there.
He’s exceeded expectations and starting to form a few nice combinations.
Agreed, he was involved heavily in a lot of their try’s on Saturday nite. For a guy with no preseason it’s understandable that he is just now coming good. Deserves a contract extension, low money and nows the time before he improves! Like the way he’s going, defence is better than I thought.

Our pack is going as good as any. Massive difference when forwards are smashing the other pack. We have got rid of blokes like Musgrove and Tuilagi with consistent once a game complete drop ya guts defensive errors. Douhie also in that category - are we missing him? Intensity now through the roof. Laziness on the inside seems gone. Thanks Bateman. Still leaky two passes off ruck with bad decisions against multiple runners. Apart from Tommy Turtle, rushing in no longer a big problem.

Agreed, he was involved heavily in a lot of their try’s on Saturday nite. For a guy with no preseason it’s understandable that he is just now coming good. Deserves a contract extension, low money and nows the time before he improves! Like the way he’s going, defence is better than I thought.
He’s never going to be a gamebreaker ,but these sort or performances are definitely good enough to do a job.
Yeah I’m also surprised with his defence,he seems to read play well.
Probably his biggest assist,he has somewhat of a footy brain.

He’s never going to be a gamebreaker ,but these sort or performances are definitely good enough to do a job.
Yeah I’m also surprised with his defence,he seems to read play well.
Probably his biggest assist,he has somewhat of a footy brain.
Wakeham does his job and lets Brooks do his,something Benji and Douhi didnt do,they overcalled and overplayed Luke,now with Wakeham in the halves its no surprise Lukes game has got better and more intense...Wakeham will prove he is a better player than some on here think....

Wakeham does his job and lets Brooks do his,something Benji and Douhi didnt do,they overcalled and overplayed Luke,now with Wakeham in the halves its no surprise Lukes game has got better and more intense...Wakeham will prove he is a better player than some on here think....
The more minutes they clock up together will benefit the team greatly.
I don’t know a great deal about Wakeham ,I’m probably looking at him a lot more positive after Saturday night’s performance but he plays smart .
He has a place in FG atm purely on his goal kicking alone.

Interesting analysis.

I feel our forwards are doing the work, while our backline is still disjoined.
1. 100% agreed possession has improved. In part we are not getting out muscled each game..
2. Completion rates? Under Sheens Completion rates have gone UP!! How on earth is this possible? Sheens I thought was wanting us to kick on the 3rd/4th...
3. We still have a long way to go with Field position.
4. For a Sheens coached team we are very Disciplined. Were better then last year.
5. Where are the Plays? Where is the Sheenius, the crazy ball move where a flick pass happens out of nowhere and a try is scored.
6. Were still needing a really good Centre/back. Huge gap in our backline and we still don't seem to "gel" defensively and that is my main concern.
7. What is going on with the ladder. My condolences to anyone in a tipping competition at the moment.
Well said. I think that they focused on their basics for the first 10 games, can now see a marked improvement on ball handling and simple errors cut out. That last play for Bula to come through on the Bateman try was Sheens/Benji all over it. I think that the more confidence in the team they have the more of these plays will come out.

Reactions: BZN
Yeah, get a bit sick of negative at times. I just try not to give them more air time. I love this team like we all do but when do we stop bringing up past mistakes and just be behind our team no matter what.

I also think one of the positives are the 'real' leaders we have across the park with their uncoachable traits. Stuff like finding that extra gear, hate of losing.. Api Bateman Klem (which is gonna work wonders for aspirins skipper Stef) and the fast rising back to form Paps. This rubs on the rest especially the young players. The effort in the dying stages vs Saints, multiple tackle by 80min players Paps & Bula, just outstanding.

Back