TIGERS Rozelle Development

The point was - what about Meriton.

If you were going to develop your site wouldn't you have at least asked Harry.

No, you run with Benny's dodgy mates and end up with the backside out of your pants.
Please note - Benny escaped with his bank accounts in tact. Funny that.

Wouldn't let him near the club myself.

There are some people that are experts in hindsight, however I think it's fair to assume they spoke to Harry amongst others when they were looking at possible development partners, both before & after the Reed Construction deal went through. The people running the club at that stage were no idiots, rather essentially victims of the terrible situation they've been placed in.

@Benjirific said:
There are some people that are experts in hindsight, however I think it's fair to assume they spoke to Harry amongst others when they were looking at possible development partners, both before & after the Reed Construction deal went through. The people running the club at that stage were no idiots, rather essentially victims of the terrible situation they've been placed in.

Again,not disagreeing with your post and who knows what went on in the background/behind closed doors, but anyone speaking out against Rozelle Village were ostracized,howled down at meetings.It seemed a done deal with Benny and his mates before all options were explored.

Going back to square one, before the state govt intervention did the Balmain Tigers have any serious financial problems?

@Byron Bay Fan said:
Going back to square one, before the state govt intervention did the Balmain Tigers have any serious financial problems?

Leagues Club or Football Club…?

Leagues Club had a debt of 23.5 Mill when sold to Rozelle Village for $1..

Football Club owes NRL 5 Mill reclaim it's share in Wests Tigers...

http://www.tigers.org.au/index.php/venues/balmain/frequently-asked-questions-faqs/

@Byron Bay Fan said:

Before the Leagues Club fiasco, no.

I don't believe they had any financial difficulty.

@Abraham said:
@Byron Bay Fan said:

Before the Leagues Club fiasco, no.

I don't believe they had any financial difficulty.

That was the answer I was after thanks very much. Well indeed an unfortunate story for the club supporting a dedicated outfit and fans.

Hope Balmain can find the money to get the NRL off their-and our-backs but it isn't looking good right now with time fast running out. I believe the crunch date for repayment of the NRL loans is some time in March next year. Anyone think a certain wealthy unit developer might come to their rescue if all other hope appears lost?

The problem is Balmain have to find the money yearly … Ido not see Mr Meriton that charitable could be wrong..they have to pay there share interesting times ahead

I suspect Harry might be prepared, at best, to help Balmain get past their immediate repayment obligations to the NRL to avoid them having to forfeit their share of the JV next year. That said, unless the horrible mess that is the present Rozelle (un)development can be fixed quickly, they won't last long after that anyway. It's a great shame to see an old and proud club reduced to this!

Hopefully the junior clubs within their competitions can still remain to maybe one day breath life into a new Balmain Football Club wherever that may be!

@Byron Bay Fan said:

I remember reading when this all started that BLC were losing customers because of their proximity to (then) Star City. That was the impetus for expanding.

Back