Tim Sheens Happy Days

Balmain_Bug

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,484
Dudes,

Remember in The TV series _Happy Days_ when the Fonz could never admit or say that he was wrong ??

He couldn't get the actual word out. He'd say, "I was wro . .. . . . I was wro . . . . .. I was wrooo…."

The Fonz just couldn't say he was wrong.

Well, my new nickname for Teflon Tim Sheens is "The Fonz". Because Tim is being made to look like an idiot and his theories on players and positions have proven him wrong.

If we had

1\. Gallant
6\. Benji
7\. Moltzen
14\. Morris

from the start of the season we would have been at least in the top 6 by now.

But, the Fonz stuffed up again, all us knew he was stuffing up. Most of us have been posting these messages for years.

Gallant Fullback !!!!! Benji to play wider !!!! Morris nowhere near the halves !!! Please !!!!

But no. The Fonz would not listen. He wont ever admit it now. I am upset Johnny Morris is going to the Sharks because he is a brilliant No.14.

Do I blame The Fonz ??

<big>**Correctamundo !!!!!!!!!!!!!**</big>
 

tigh

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
256
Not like you BB…........another Sheens bashing thread!

We get the picture. You don't like Sheens as coach.
 

Juro

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,858
Yeah and he is always going out with those triplets too!
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,760
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
Gee Balmain Bug…..I picture you as the Fonz right now.....

Gallant was great when he burned Bowen hey......Then again the whole team is playing a lot better don't you think......

Sheens must have stopped Coaching them....They have just all of a sudden worked it out for themselves.......
 

Balmain_Bug

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,484
@Geo. said:
Gee Balmain Bug…..I picture you as the Fonz right now.....

Gallant was great when he burned Bowen hey......Then again the whole team is playing a lot better don't you think......

Sheens must have stopped Coaching them....They have just all of a sudden worked it out for themselves.......

Here we go !!! The usual suspects going into bat for Timmy, oops, I mean Fonzie.

Ok Ok, Lets revert back to Marshall at 7, Morris at 6 and Moltzen at 1 with Gallant playing at Parks that dont have showers and getting tackled on bindies shall we?

I think you blokes are missing the point.

Do you agree Sheens was wrong ?? Yes or No?? A 'No' vote is fine if you like mediocrity.
 

senexx

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,247
And this forum got off to a good positive start and we have even strung some competent and confident wins together.

There's always one.
 

Geo

Moderator
Staff member
Forum Leader
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
47,760
Location
Campbelltown NSW..
@Balmain Bug said:
@Geo. said:
Gee Balmain Bug…..I picture you as the Fonz right now.....

Gallant was great when he burned Bowen hey......Then again the whole team is playing a lot better don't you think......

Sheens must have stopped Coaching them....They have just all of a sudden worked it out for themselves.......

Here we go !!! The usual suspects going into bat for Timmy, oops, I mean Fonzie.

Ok Ok, Lets revert back to Marshall at 7, Morris at 6 and Moltzen at 1 with Gallant playing at Parks that dont have showers and getting tackled on bindies shall we?

I think you blokes are missing the point.

Do you agree Sheens was wrong ?? Yes or No?? A 'No' vote is fine if you like mediocrity.

Sorry a yes or no won't do it….

You have taken me the wrong way...I agree with you....

You love the mediocrity line don't you....Where have I ever posted I accept mediocrity...can you please give that one a rest.....

I think Sheens should never have been resigned in '08....He was and the club can't afford to punt him and I dont think he will walk so he's here till 2010 so isn't it time you sucked it up....

Is he wrong? Sheens has made more dumb coaching recruiting management decisions in his time at the Wests Tigers that I care to remember...but he has developed Farah, Marshall, Galloway, Heighington, Lawrence, Tuiaki into quality first graders....Loyalty at times is his downfall....This year he has overseen Ellis introduction into the NRL...has blooded Mataka, Shirnack, Dwyer, Ashyford and seems to be getting the best out of nuffies he brought like Payne, Galea, hell even Gibbs is starting to mature into a Prop.....He brought Skando back in which by the way was planned from the begining of the season.....

The problem you have with the Fonz... is it... he doesn't pick the players you wan't...has them playing dumb football or what....

Marshall/Moltzen in the halves....What if it was his plan all along to bring Moltzen in eventually.......

Do you think we would have made the 8 every Year if Morris wasn't in the halves........Geez even Sheens isn't that dumb
 
G

Guest

Guest
@Geo. said:
@Balmain Bug said:
@Geo. said:
Gee Balmain Bug…..I picture you as the Fonz right now.....

Gallant was great when he burned Bowen hey......Then again the whole team is playing a lot better don't you think......

Sheens must have stopped Coaching them....They have just all of a sudden worked it out for themselves.......

Here we go !!! The usual suspects going into bat for Timmy, oops, I mean Fonzie.

Ok Ok, Lets revert back to Marshall at 7, Morris at 6 and Moltzen at 1 with Gallant playing at Parks that dont have showers and getting tackled on bindies shall we?

I think you blokes are missing the point.

Do you agree Sheens was wrong ?? Yes or No?? A 'No' vote is fine if you like mediocrity.

Sorry a yes or no won't do it….

You have taken me the wrong way...I agree with you....

You love the mediocrity line don't you....Where have I ever posted I accept mediocrity...can you please give that one a rest.....

I think Sheens should never have been resigned in '08....He was and the club can't afford to punt him and I dont think he will walk so he's here till 2010 so isn't it time you sucked it up....

Is he wrong? Sheens has made more dumb coaching recruiting management decisions in his time at the Wests Tigers that I care to remember...but he has developed Farah, Marshall, Galloway, Heighington, Lawrence, Tuiaki into quality first graders....Loyalty at times is his downfall....This year he has overseen Ellis introduction into the NRL...has blooded Mataka, Shirnack, Dwyer, Ashyford and seems to be getting the best out of nuffies he brought like Payne, Galea, hell even Gibbs is starting to mature into a Prop.....He brought Skando back in which by the way was planned from the begining of the season.....

The problem you have with the Fonz... is it... he doesn't pick the players you wan't...has them playing dumb football or what....

Marshall/Moltzen in the halves....What if it was his plan all along to bring Moltzen in eventually.......

Do you think we would have made the 8 every Year if Morris wasn't in the halves........Geez even Sheens isn't that dumb

Couldn't have put that one better myself Geo.
 

weststigers

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
2,148
So are you saying he has got it right now? If so, what's the problem? I think Moltzen was still finding his feet earlier in the season and could have only played the way he has the last few weeks with that under his belt. Secondly, the Rabbitohs, who had some turmoil within the club were also coming off a big losing streak. We kicked them while they were down. The Cowboys minus O'Donnell, Harris, Payne, Hegarty and Amos. I think Scott was out too. You need to take all this into consideration before making sweeping statements like that.

The only thing that is FACT about whether or not we would have been in the top 6 with the current line-up is that we don't know. There is no point in speculating. The FACT now is we still have a shot at the 8 and seem to be playing reasonable footy, however Canberra and Manly will be a big test for this team and one that we'll need to pass in order to make a play for the 8\. I dare say that if we do make the 8 on the back of this apparent surge in form, we've timed our run perfectly.
 

Staks

New member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
1,037
Will Sheens….ooops sorry I mean the Fonz, meet up with Leather Tuscadero when she is out here later this year ?
 

Balmain_Bug

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
2,484
@weststigers said:
So are you saying he has got it right now? If so, what's the problem? I think Moltzen was still finding his feet earlier in the season and could have only played the way he has the last few weeks with that under his belt. Secondly, the Rabbitohs, who had some turmoil within the club were also coming off a big losing streak. We kicked them while they were down. The Cowboys minus O'Donnell, Harris, Payne, Hegarty and Amos. I think Scott was out too. You need to take all this into consideration before making sweeping statements like that.

The only thing that is FACT about whether or not we would have been in the top 6 with the current line-up is that we don't know. There is no point in speculating. The FACT now is we still have a shot at the 8 and seem to be playing reasonable footy, however Canberra and Manly will be a big test for this team and one that we'll need to pass in order to make a play for the 8\. I dare say that if we do make the 8 on the back of this apparent surge in form, we've timed our run perfectly.

What I am saying is if that was the line-up at the start of the year, by now they would have gelled into a darn formidable unit. Canbera will be tough, and I dont know if we will beat them, even with the players in the positions that I like, but what I am saying is, if these guys were in these positions since round 1, we would be in a much better position than what we are now. I will specualte that we would have won at least 2 or 3 more games at least.

I accept that he has brought blokes along but is that not the job of the coach? I am critical of Sheens because he has been wrong. He has been wrong for 3 and a half years. If WT do not sign Gallant, they are wrong.
If they release players of better quality than they recruit (which seems to be a WT policy), then they are wrong.
 

weststigers

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
2,148
@Balmain Bug said:
@weststigers said:
So are you saying he has got it right now? If so, what's the problem? I think Moltzen was still finding his feet earlier in the season and could have only played the way he has the last few weeks with that under his belt. Secondly, the Rabbitohs, who had some turmoil within the club were also coming off a big losing streak. We kicked them while they were down. The Cowboys minus O'Donnell, Harris, Payne, Hegarty and Amos. I think Scott was out too. You need to take all this into consideration before making sweeping statements like that.

The only thing that is FACT about whether or not we would have been in the top 6 with the current line-up is that we don't know. There is no point in speculating. The FACT now is we still have a shot at the 8 and seem to be playing reasonable footy, however Canberra and Manly will be a big test for this team and one that we'll need to pass in order to make a play for the 8\. I dare say that if we do make the 8 on the back of this apparent surge in form, we've timed our run perfectly.

What I am saying is if that was the line-up at the start of the year, by now they would have gelled into a darn formidable unit. Canbera will be tough, and I dont know if we will beat them, even with the players in the positions that I like, but what I am saying is, if these guys were in these positions since round 1, we would be in a much better position than what we are now. I will specualte that we would have won at least 2 or 3 more games at least.

I accept that he has brought blokes along but is that not the job of the coach? I am critical of Sheens because he has been wrong. He has been wrong for 3 and a half years. If WT do not sign Gallant, they are wrong.
If they release players of better quality than they recruit (which seems to be a WT policy), then they are wrong.

Look…you're right. I agree that Sheens should not have persisted with Morris in the halves. In fact, we should never have even bought him for that purpose, but without the proper introduction of Moltzen to first grade, who's to say he wouldn't have choked and stuffed his confidence for the rest of the season? To be honest, I wasn't happy with Moltzen at the back at the start of the season. I wanted Gallant there, but I was warming to the idea with each game that Moltzen played as I thought he was improving. I only now think he's ready to take on the pressure of the No. 7 jersey. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic for Gallant to have a real shot at grade for the rest of the year. Apart from one howler of a game, he looks a perfect fit for the team.
 

tigh

New member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
256
FWIW BB, I think Gallant at the back at Morris as the super sub No.14 is our best option ATM by far….......................
 

Peaches

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
2,925
Location
Mount Pritchard
The Fonz is deffinately better than Shines or Supercoach.

I think the success comes down to the less pressure on the side. Benji is playing the same at 6 like he was at 7, with less pressure off the field. Moltzen has been very good at 7 and Gallant the same at fullback. Not sure whether he is the long term answer but is doing a good job.
 

Blokarter

New member
Joined
Jul 19, 2009
Messages
43
Location
Rockhampton
@weststigers said:
@Balmain Bug said:
@weststigers said:
So are you saying he has got it right now? If so, what's the problem? I think Moltzen was still finding his feet earlier in the season and could have only played the way he has the last few weeks with that under his belt. Secondly, the Rabbitohs, who had some turmoil within the club were also coming off a big losing streak. We kicked them while they were down. The Cowboys minus O'Donnell, Harris, Payne, Hegarty and Amos. I think Scott was out too. You need to take all this into consideration before making sweeping statements like that.

The only thing that is FACT about whether or not we would have been in the top 6 with the current line-up is that we don't know. There is no point in speculating. The FACT now is we still have a shot at the 8 and seem to be playing reasonable footy, however Canberra and Manly will be a big test for this team and one that we'll need to pass in order to make a play for the 8\. I dare say that if we do make the 8 on the back of this apparent surge in form, we've timed our run perfectly.

What I am saying is if that was the line-up at the start of the year, by now they would have gelled into a darn formidable unit. Canbera will be tough, and I dont know if we will beat them, even with the players in the positions that I like, but what I am saying is, if these guys were in these positions since round 1, we would be in a much better position than what we are now. I will specualte that we would have won at least 2 or 3 more games at least.

I accept that he has brought blokes along but is that not the job of the coach? I am critical of Sheens because he has been wrong. He has been wrong for 3 and a half years. If WT do not sign Gallant, they are wrong.
If they release players of better quality than they recruit (which seems to be a WT policy), then they are wrong.

Look…you're right. I agree that Sheens should not have persisted with Morris in the halves. In fact, we should never have even bought him for that purpose, but without the proper introduction of Moltzen to first grade, who's to say he wouldn't have choked and stuffed his confidence for the rest of the season? To be honest, I wasn't happy with Moltzen at the back at the start of the season. I wanted Gallant there, but I was warming to the idea with each game that Moltzen played as I thought he was improving. I only now think he's ready to take on the pressure of the No. 7 jersey. Needless to say, I'm ecstatic for Gallant to have a real shot at grade for the rest of the year. Apart from one howler of a game, he looks a perfect fit for the team.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. My thoughts exactly.
 

tiger05

New member
Joined
Jul 12, 2009
Messages
1,692
I think Sheens / Fonzy's biggest mistake has been persisting with Morris in the halves.

Morris in the utility / lock forward role has been going good. He smashed Thurston and when Robbie went off filled in well at dummy half. He is a good player for us in the right role. If Sheens had used him properly we might have had a better last 3 seasons.

Marshall is still playing the same role as when he was in the 7 and looks to be more involved than Moltzen but now we have options on either side of the field.

Gallant has looked good but I'm still not sure he is a good long term option at fullback. His kick returns aren't damaging - when Tuiaki was passing it you knew he wasn't going to get us any metres. Still I like the guy and maybe it'll work.
 

Defiant

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 13, 2009
Messages
1,123
I agree with your thoughts BB.

imo Gallant showed enough last year and in the trials to be our starting 1.
 
Top