Tim who?

Gary_Bakerloo

With the addition of McKinnon to the squad and Lui now really starting the flourish in the halfback role, do we really miss Moltzen?

With backup fullbacks such as Fitzhenry, the team looks strong. Tim may have to introduce himself to Leo Epiphania next season.

WOW, big big call.

Just over 2 weeks ago the fury on this site was nealy enough for the forum to crash!!

After 2wins everything is rosy again.

AND YES WE DO MISS TIM MOLTZEN

FTR I think the ball playing of Payten is where we really picked up and it takes alot of pressure of Lui, Marshall & co..

Add McKinnon at the back and Galloway to prop and Payten to back row and there is something there for sure

@Gary Bakerloo said:
With the addition of McKinnon to the squad and Lui now really starting the flourish in the halfback role, do we really miss Moltzen?

With backup fullbacks such as Fitzhenry, the team looks strong. Tim may have to introduce himself to Leo Epiphania next season.

Yeah, you actually have a point there.

But if we still had Moltzen, I wouldn't hesitate to say we'd have a better record than 6 wins 5 losses. But, as you say Lui is starting to hit some form and Marshall (we know) will always play better when he has confidence in his half back.

Lui is a 5/8th not a halfback, he's fitting in well though it must be said.
Moltzen is definitely more of a halfback than Lui, he's a cross of the two positions. I think in the grand scheme of things, it certainly works out better but it's not as though Lui has been a week spot by any stretch of the imagination.

Of course we still miss him….dont you remember the utter crap that we were two weeks back?

Unless Mckinnon is amazing I doubt we'll keep him on for next year when Moltzen can return to fullback - that's where Sheens sees him playing.

I reckon it'll be a Mathew Head type situation …

lol this thread is funny….... we beat 2 teams that wont feature in the finals and suddenly we dont need the best half back this club has? if i had to make a choice between moltz or lui as to who i want to build our side around its moltz.

The way I see it our strongest team must include Moltzen, Lui is a very good player but I just think that Moltzen is abit better.. If it came down to loosing Moltzen or Lui at this stage Id have to say goodbye to Lui. However I dont think McKinnon is a long term option and eventually Lui and Moltz will both be in the side:)

I'll be surprised if mckinnon is here next year. I think moltz will go back to 1 and Lui will remain at 7 as of 2011.

yes!! he's sensational.. with lui flourishing marshall and farah.. id like him to take fullback/utlitiy however he was pretty crap at fullback iirc

@Gary Bakerloo said:

I've got no complaints having Lui at 7, but to suggest that Moltzen may be playing State Cup next year is ridiculous. He will be in the top 17 somewhere. He would certainly he picked at fullback ahead of Fitzy who is only contracted for this season so far anyway, same goes for McKinnon who is only here for the rest of the season at this stage.

Id go with Moltzen at 7, the team looks better when he play there.

8/8 speaks for itself really.

:eek:pen_mouth: :eek:pen_mouth: :eek:pen_mouth:

cant believe your saying " Tim who "….
If though im happy with Lui at 7 because hes starting to get some confidence and come into form.... id rather have moltz at 7... :sunglasses:

@Gary Bakerloo said:

Short memory you''ve got a, shor-or-ort mem-ory!

Of course we miss him. We will still need him as my money is on McKinnon probably ending up at Cronulla or Brisbane next year.

Back