Time to get serious

angry_ant

After the tremendous response by suporters who are seeking a positive change to the Wests Tigers organisation, it got me thinking. What is the next step to take to ensure that changes are made?

My question is how many people on here are voting members ( or in contact with voting members) of the Balmain Football Club or the Western Suburbs Magpies Football club?

Seeing as though the club prefers to tread water for the next 5 years whats the thoughts on getting voting members together and throwing our support behind a few new directors that see and feel our need for change. While its a slow process I feel this is our best chance to get our voices heard and weed out the deadwood from the top.

My vote (from the Balmain side) is certainly offered to any like minded new directors!

Thoughts, ideas, critics lol

im all for anyone who wants to see the coach held accountable for under performing…bring back longmuir

Not many FC members I'd hazard a guess.
I joined a few years ago but the 8 month/6 emails/4 letter and a few phone call process just to recieve my badge saw me give up.

Was a member of one side for 2 years and the other for about 4, you get SFA for your money and the privilege of voting for half the WT's board…its a sham, a waste of time and money

It takes three years to become a voting member. Sheens will be gone by then.

@innsaneink said:
I joined a few years ago but the 8 month/6 emails/4 letter and a few phone call process just to recieve my badge saw me give up.

Was a member of one side for 2 years and the other for about 4, you get SFA for your money and the privilege of voting for half the WT's board…its a sham, a waste of time and money

Yeah you'll never see that $11 again will you! :laughing:

@Staks said:

Staks there will be some other player/coach/trainer/car park attendant etc who will be ruining the club and possibly their lives in 3 years time. They might as well sign up now…

@Yossarian said:
@Staks said:

Staks there will be some other player/coach/trainer/car park attendant etc who will be ruining the club and possibly their lives in 3 years time. They might as well sign up now…

True.

Those interested here is a application form -
http://www.westsmagpies.net/home/files/wests_new_membership.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://tigers.org.au/uploads/File/Downloads/Membership/NEW_MEMBERSHIP_FORM_APRIL10.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

@Yossarian said:
@innsaneink said:

Well….no.
Do you get your money refunded or something, are you a FC member?
$30 btw.
\
\
Fine if you wanna support BRET or the Magpies, useless for Wests Tigers

@innsaneink said:
@Yossarian said:
@innsaneink said:

Well….no.
Do you get your money refunded or something, are you a FC member?
$30 btw.
\
\
Fine if you wanna support BRET or the Magpies, useless for Wests Tigers

Yeah I am a football club member and have been for over 10 years. It's $11 and has been at Balmain for some time. Okay you don't get a great deal but it's $11!!

Hi everyone

I am a Balmain member - have been forever!! $11 per year is not a lot of money to show support for your club!

Tigergran

@tigergran said:
Hi everyone

I am a Balmain member - have been forever!! $11 per year is not a lot of money to show support for your club!

Tigergran

Hang in there Tigergran, it's only $2 when you get the pension! :smiley:

I'm both a Western Suburbs And Balmain Football Club member. For those who know me, I've put my hand up several times to be a Director, only to be conveniently pipped at the post on every occasion. My greatest concern as a supporter and as a member is that both sets of directors are very well entrenched in the past. This unfortunately is not good for progress and a real lack of forward thinking is only holding back the Joint-Venture. But i guess these are the challenges that come with a Join t-Venture with self interest and a real view to preserve what has been for 102 years.

@Gobbs said:
I'm both a Western Suburbs And Balmain Football Club member. For those who know me, I've put my hand up several times to be a Director, only to be conveniently pipped at the post on every occasion. My greatest concern as a supporter and as a member is that both sets of directors are very well entrenched in the past. This unfortunately is not good for progress and a real lack of forward thinking is only holding back the Joint-Venture. But i guess these are the challenges that come with a Join t-Venture with self interest and a real view to preserve what has been for 102 years.

Thankyou for your feedback everyone, well hopefully some good will come of this.

I dont know you personally Gobbs, but if you nominate to become a director in the future, you certainly have my vote in the Balmain elections. Im not asking anyone to follow my agendas, all I want to see is change and a new direction from this organisation which I feel has become stale (much like the NSW selection panel)

@Gobbs said:
My greatest concern as a supporter and as a member is that both sets of directors are very well entrenched in the past. This unfortunately is not good for progress and a real lack of forward thinking is only holding back the Joint-Venture.

What are some examples of those Directors slowing down progress?

@Yossarian said:
@tigergran said:
Hi everyone

Tigergran

That's funny, Yossarian!! $2 didn't sound like enough support when I wrote that :slight_smile: - but I do actually get a $2 membership as I am a POP - but I used to happily pay $11 before I retired 2 years ago!! And I buy merchandise, go to the Club, attend BRET games - I love my Tigers!!

Tigergran

@tigergran said:
@Yossarian said:
@tigergran said:
Hi everyone

Tigergran

That's funny, Yossarian!! I do actually get a $2 membership as I am a **POP** - but I used to happily pay $11 before I retired 2 years ago!! And I buy merchandise, so to the Club, attend **BRET** games - I love my Tigers!!

Tigergran

What's a POP??
You young kids of today with your anagrams!! I can never understand what you're on about!! LOL

Back