Titans=average football team

citizen_cub

Any good team will beat the Titans whether that be up at Skilled or at home. IMO, they are a football side who have very limited talent, their potential is being maximized by one of the best coaches in the league in John Cartwright.

To me, they don't possess the attributes of a premiership contender.

1\. ordinary backline
2\. bad defensively
3\. bad away record (should work in our favour)

Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that they have a home ground in a climate that suits them and others find difficult to adapt to, they'd be lingering down the opposite end of table to what they are now.

They probably will make the finals, hopefully we get a crack at 'em come finals time. We should crunch 'em :deadhorse:

they win games purely on the back of their forwards with prince applying the finish. they pretty much play bird as a lock and this week with thompson in the centres they will be using him as a forward as well.

Their a bit like us alot of their wins have been lucky and ugly

@Golden said:

mmm…not really, their wins have been more convincing than our's, still think we're a better team.

i cant see how they win so much

they just always win games even if they play horrible

and all 50-50 decisions seem to go there way

Dont agree with this at all,
Possibly the best wingers in the comp(certainly the fastest): Gordon and Mead,
Strong centres (injuries at the moment): esi tonga, rogers, tagatese, tomane
Great fullback, representative standard of halves, strong props and only of the best 2nd rows in the comp.

However theres missing something..
Not sure what it is because I can barely fault there team on paper.

@wtffl2005 said:
i cant see how they win so much

they just always win games even if they play horrible

and all 50-50 decisions seem to go there way

They hardly ever win away from home, the fact that they play half their games in a climate that the opposition teams can't adapt to certainly works in their favour

Even so, this year they have been accounted for a couple of times at home already. For a strong team on paper, its a mystery why they are such a myth come finals time.

The titans have got some ticker that's why they have been thereabouts for a couple of seasons now when on paper they look quite beatable. I'm not sure Cartwright/Gilly get enough credit there.

if theres one thing ive learnt its never to be too confident of a win…hopefuly your correct but it may come back to bite us on the behind

@citizen cub said:
@Golden said:

mmm…not really, their wins have been more convincing than our's, still think we're a better team.

ok so they beat souths in OT because Sandow was sin binned
They beat the Storm becasue Cam Smith was being a smartarse
they fluked a couple of trys late against Manly that would happen 1 out of 100 times
Came from behind against the warriors in Round 1
beat the knights the first time becaues the ref gave them the game after the knights were robbed a try that would have given them a 14 point lead
hung on to beat the bulldogs by 1 point almost threw the game away

more convinving you say?? not a chance their just like us

and their sitting there with a negative F and A

pretenders pretenders pretenders

@Golden said:

There is no such thing as 'lucky' wins…

2 teams compete over the same time to achieve a desired result. The team that walks away with the points isn't lucky, this was there right.

Seen plenty of unlucky losses though...

@Tiger Watto said:
@Golden said:

2 teams compete over the same time to achieve a desired result. The team that walks away with the points isn't lucky, this was there right.

Good post. It's simple really, there's usually a winner and a loser. I'm sick of hearing that Broncos "deserved" the win last week. We saw two teams out there, one who played poorly (us,) and one who played worse than that. We deserved the win because they couldn't close the game out with all the possession hand fed to them, the 50/50 calls going their way and them missing less first graders than us.

@Tiger Watto said:
@Golden said:

Forget it watto when it comes to golden every other teams wins are a fluke

@Balmain Tiger said:
if theres one thing ive learnt its never to be too confident of a win…hopefuly your correct but it may come back to bite us on the behind

Im with you BT.
If the players take the attitude that the Titans are an average team(which i know they won't) we will get hammered.

Im confident of a win because i think we are better but the titans are far from average

Their away record is 4 wins and 3 losses. Not too bad in my opinion.

This is likely to be a tough game. Neither side is setting the world on fire, but both will be desperately trying to stay ahead of the pack chasing. A really important game for both teams.

all this talk is just setting us up for a fall, big time. They are the best team inthe world and will beat us easily..there thats better..

don't underestimate the titans, they can really hang in there in a tight contest, and they have one thing we don't ….. a good halfback to steer them around the park, their fowards will match ours, so we are going to have to win it in the backs

Back