Titans 'might' join Melbourne on zero points

Proteus

Newsflash just went over Triple MMM, 2UE & 2GB, Titans are expected to be striped of all 2010 competition points due to salary cap breaches.

2 other clubs are meant to be in a spot of bother as well.

NRL making an announcement at 11am

I will stress as well… I am only making comment as to what was on 3 major radio stations.

Nothing yet online that I can find

Wow. I really hope the Tigers are in the clear…

I think with the rigmarole that went on with trying to get Lote under the cap, we have to be!

Just thinking, what about the shamozzle with Gibbs and Farah getting cap relief incentives for playing Toyota Cup?

there is apparently betting activity similiar to that of melbourne this year. a few twitters out there talking about the rumour????

@Cultured Bogan said:
Just thinking, what about the shamozzle with Gibbs and Farah getting cap relief incentives for playing Toyota Cup?

That was only $100k in total. I'm sure we would have freed that up pretty easily by backdating a few payments.

That is one of the worst decisions by the nrl. They would have received concessions if they had only played state cup before First grade.

I knew titans would be over…look at their playing roster!
Souths doesnt surprise either.

What a farce the 2010 premiership is turning out to be if true.....

@matty tiepie said:
I just emailed ray hadley re this and his reply was matty it is an urban Myth.

Yup, right… and he works for 2GB who have made comment on air regarding the Titans... pffffffft he is a nuffy

Well he is usually spot on proteus so i would take his word before anyone elses. i have not heard a thing on the radiop re this.

@matty tiepie said:
Well he is usually spot on proteus so i would take his word before anyone elses. i have not heard a thing on the radiop re this.

There was scattered talk of this on Sunday and yesterday via several media outlets, all of which was stressed to be a rumour. Seems funny that one radio station this morning has said that Titans solicitors are at Fox Studios now at the NRL offices.

One betting outlet has withdrawn bets on the Titans for the premiership, that has happened this morning… too many things just to be hot air IMO

I'm amazed that Australia's two most esteemed sports journalists, Danny Weidler and Phil Rothfield, haven't reported on this yet.

I would guess because nobody really knows what is going on…

So long as it isnt anything to do with the Tigers I really could not care less

Nothing on 2GB 10 am news,must be saving it for the Brett Finch press announcement

@JRD said:
Nothing on 2GB 10 am news,must be saving it for the Brett Finch press announcement

Brett Finch…. too funny, I thought it was Pat Richards :deadhorse:

Ray Hadley just confirmed that NRL and Titans have said it's just a rumor

@Chris said:
Ray Hadley just confirmed that NRL and Titans have said it's just a rumor

Good to hear, but lets just see what happens, as the Storm rort was just a rumour 2 days prior to the bombshell being announce….

Given the Titans other issues (fail to pay tax and various vendors) nothing would surprise me

Back