Top 4? First 10 rounds in perspective

habibsta33

Just used the ladder predictor on the NRL website just to see how our position on the ladder right now really looks. Its just as i thought the ladder in the first 13 weeks means next to nothing. Although we have been playing poorly and yes i agree its very disappointing after all the off season hype, its not as bad as i first thought (i was really thinking our season was gone). In the next 4 weeks we play Brisbane at home and then the struggling panthers eels and titans. All these games are very winnable and if we can win these games going into our first bye we would likely find ourselves in third spot on the ladder and the memories of the first 5 weeks will be a distant memory and then "our season begins now". We just need to improve on the souths game and hopefully with the acquisition of Robbie and Kiethy we can get a roll on and win these games that we really 'should' win IMO.

hear hear to a bit of positivity

I am shattered after the Souths game. In a deep depression. You could tell that the Raiders (and the 'soft' discussion in the media) was meant to be the 'turning point' and that we came out and played 70minutes of our best, toughest football of the season.

but still didn't come away with 2 points. It leaves you feeling pretty shattered hey.

what was the point of this? I dunno. I'm feeling down man

History unfortunately would suggest it doesn't work that way.

In 2010 Eels Knights Sharks Broncos and Bulldogs had one win from 5 starts. The highest spot reached by any of those after 26 rounds was Broncos in 10th place but really 11th because Melbourne lost all their points.

Last year after 5 rounds Raiders and Titans had one win from 5 starts and were coming last and after 26 rounds they both had 6 wins and finished last.

This year after 5 rounds Tigers Titans and Eels have one win from 5 starts.

@Blackandwhite said:
History unfortunately would suggest it doesn't work that way.

In 2010 Eels Knights Sharks Broncos and Bulldogs had one win from 5 starts. The highest spot reached by any of those after 26 rounds was Broncos in 10th place but really 11th because Melbourne lost all their points.

Last year after 5 rounds Raiders and Titans had one win from 5 starts and were coming last and after 26 rounds they both had 6 wins and finished last.

This year after 5 rounds Tigers Titans and Eels have one win from 5 starts.

The only thing your forgetting there mate is none of those teams are our TIGERS.
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

you didn't include 2009 I noticed, B&W….

Manly were one win after 5 starts in 2009 and rolled into 5th place...

No my bad. Well that's good news there is light at the end of the tunnel didn't realise that it had been done.
I notice Manly did win in round 6 in 2009 hopefully we can do the same this week.

I like the positivity aswell. Yesterday was definately a step in the right direction. I realise those sides in the past didn't make it, but i think the main difference is we have been playing poorly where it's quite possible those sides were playing to their potential. Most teams have a 4 or 5 losing streak throught the year, hopefully ours has just been at the start. If it gets to the stage we have to start using "we have to win this and they have to lose that " etc, then i will conceed we are gone. Not a moment before.

Imagine Ellis / Galloway get injured at the end of the year in the finals, and Lote is not fit, Robbie suspended etc.

At least it's better if these things happen now. If they can beat Bronco's it would be crazy, but even if they don't I wouldn't give up. The more they lose the worse the confidence though, need a win soon. Cmon, Friday.

The lowest ranked premier after 5 rounds was the Roosters, ranked 13th in 2002\. And we were ranked 13th after 9 rounds when we won the comp in 2005\. 14th after 5 rounds doesn't mean we can't be number 1 at the end of the season!

And we have never been placed last at the end of a full round, in all of our 316 games to date. That is a record I want to see continue. The next longest current streak is the Warriors with 154\. We still have a long way to catch up with the Roosters who went 616 games, never being in last place.

The top teams will be smashed around Origin time. We won't be. That will be the time to claw back some points
\
\
_Posted using RoarFEED 2012_

love the confidence. In my opinion if we win this game v broncos top 4 is a possibility; if not its gone.

To all of the optimist Tigers supporters, i hate to be so negative but i'm just calling it the way i see it and that is we are gooorne and it all started the second we were announced premiership favourites.
I like every WT supporter had high hopes this year and every right to be confident about our hopes this year, now it looks as though our season is over before it began and it's a real shame because i think we had the side to shake up this comp if things panned out right for us.
Unfortunately it hasn't, and imo we will miss the 8, we have been in a much better position on the ladder in previous years (yes i know its only early days) and struggled to make it, with the injuries we have and the side just not playing well we are a gonna. In saying that i am still going to enjoy the ride for the rest of the season with no expectations only hopes of us playing some real entertaining football for us Tigers fans to enjoy, because really when it all boils down our side is all about entertaining league fans and not about consistent percentage football.

If we beat Brisbane this week im confident we can get a roll on over the coming month and beat the panthers eels and titans heading into the bye; thats 10 points which would likely push us up into the top 4 and well and truely kick start our season with all bar ellis back from injury and suspension this weekend.

On the flipside, another loss and im afraid the boys could become accustomed to losing and the heartbreak of the last 2 seasons may begin to take an affect on the team in a negative way (sometimes continually losing in the manner we have can dent motivation to perform and put everything on the line).

As a diehard tiger supporter im hoping and am confident its going to be the first option starting this friday night with farah, galloway and apparently utai set to return from injury. FIRE UP TIGERS!

Back