Top 8 Cut-off will be 29pts

weststigers

While, mathematically we can still make the 8 on 28pts, Manly would need to lose their last 2 matches vs Sharks and Titans which I don't see happening. All the other teams we are jostling with for a spot in the 8 are mostly playing each other in the last 2 rounds so we basically need to win our last 2 in order to make the 8\. From there, we could finish 5th down to 8th.

I know with the loss of Tuiaki it may seem tough, but even when he and Ryan came off, their replacements still scored the tries. I think if we create the space, whoever is out on the wing will more than likely get it down. It's not over yet, it's just that much harder.

In saying that, the Titans don't look as if they're in great form with a 20-10 win over lowly Cronulla and a 22-14 win over the Rabbitohs.

The Dogs don't look too crash hot either with a 23-20 win over the Raiders and a 22-12 win over the Cowboys. Tonight they have the Roosters which won't be a huge test for them. It will be hard but it can be done.

We have to win both remaining games and also hope for other results to go our way.
Broncos and Manly winning have not done us any favours.

I have a feeling it will be a case of too little too late.

Wouldn't it be nice to not be in this predicament every year?

Dudes we have a superior for and against to ALL teams challenging the top 8…. Cowboys are gone... GREAT news...

We'll win the last two games... what i saw on Friday was a very brave outfit loose a game they should have won against all odds... Para will loose this week to the riff raff and struggle and loose the Dragons... they're a myth!

My top 8...

1\. Dragons 40pts
2\. Bulldogs 38pts
3\. Titans 36pts
4\. Storm 33pts
5\. Tigers 30pts
6\. Manly 30pts
7\. Knights 30pts
8\. Broncos 30pts

Positive think dudes!! Comeon!!!

:sign:

I agree with Kaiser. If Wests win their remaining 2 games, the Tigers will secure a Top 8th birth. Be it from either 5th to 8th spot depending on percentages/points differential. 30 points with a positive For & Against will certainly guarantee Finals. Injuries or not, Sheens said it yesterday at the Members day _"We're lucky to still have our play makers in our 6, 7 and 9 all still fit and that's the important thing for us"_ which is incredibly true. Wests still have the men to lay on points from anywhere on the park, which is a huge positive. So the replacements that may take their place in the side for the suspected injured personnel just have to focus solely upon their defence. The attack will fix itself whilst Marshall, Lui and Farah take control.

@Kaiser said:
Dudes we have a superior for and against to ALL teams challenging the top 8…. Cowboys are gone... GREAT news...

We'll win the last two games... what i saw on Friday was a very brave outfit loose a game they should have won against all odds... Para will loose this week to the riff raff and struggle and loose the Dragons... they're a myth!

My top 8...

1\. Dragons 40pts
2\. Bulldogs 38pts
3\. Titans 36pts
4\. Storm 33pts
5\. Tigers 30pts
6\. Manly 30pts
7\. Knights 30pts
8\. Broncos 30pts

I think I prefer to come 6th rather than 5th…that way we play the Titans instead of the Storm...I reckon the Titans are beatable..

@alexaki said:
@Kaiser said:

My top 8...

1\. Dragons 40pts
2\. Bulldogs 38pts
3\. Titans 36pts
4\. Storm 33pts
5\. Tigers 30pts
6\. Manly 30pts
7\. Knights 30pts
8\. Broncos 30pts

I think I prefer to come 6th rather than 5th…that way we play the Titans instead of the Storm...I reckon the Titans are beatable..

lets hope so, we got them on saturday!

@alexaki said:

I think I'd rather the Storm… i think they are carrying some injuries to key blokes and their go-forward is not what it used to be...

I think we just have to concentrate on knocking over the Titans. The other games can look after themselves. If they do roll the Titans it should be another great Friday night to follow.

I'm beginning to think if not in the top 4 it might be better to finish 7 or 8 and play either Bulldogs or Saints - i believe we could beat both of them in a semi - not so sure of beating either Melbourne or GC in a semi away - there is also the possibilty of playing Manly at Brooky if we finish 5th - no thanks.

@Kaiser said:

My top 8...

1\. Dragons 40pts
2\. Bulldogs 38pts
3\. Titans 36pts
4\. Storm 33pts
5\. Tigers 30pts
6\. Manly 30pts
7\. Knights 30pts
8\. Broncos 30pts

Yeah right on brother…...Keep the faith

If it don't work out Wests Tigers have certainly given me joy, heartbreak, excitement and passion throughout '09....

Back