Tough Raiders

stryker

As I live in Canberra, I tend to only make it to around 5 or 6 Tigers games a year, therefore I tend to see a lot more of the Raiders games as I love my live NRL.

They are a pretty frustrating side to watch ( as are our blokes :slight_smile: ), but when they get going they can be devastating.

Case in point, saturday night I saw them play the Dragons in front of nearly 20 000 - 60% of which were for the red and white and in that second half they pummelled them.

Some of those hits were the biggest i've seen in the last 10 years. The dragons fought back and the raiders forwards just hit them harder. I swear to god that if Josh Miller was asked to hit a bulldozer on sat night he would have bent the blade. He was out for blood and his mates weren't far behind him.

This is what I have wanted to see in the tigers pack for years and it looks like they are starting to head that way. Ellis is the leader in this department and if he can convince two more forwards to go with him and be all out enforcers (I'm thinking Galloway and either Gibbs or Payne here), while the rest continue with their workaholic duties then the season is far from over.

The Raiders have proven that with an extremely aggresive defence, no team is untouchable in this comp. If we can smash Parras forwards on friday we will win the game.

I have admired their team of past seasons just for their gutsiness (their fans are a different story, biggest sooks in the comp) they have had in the past and as was shown this weekend, a never say die real gutsy attitude I like ina footy team.

That performance by Miller was something else.

If he tried to do that for a full season he would be a broken heap.

Back