TEAM LIST Trial 2 vs. Dragons

Team List
I mentioned back when Kane was with the Tigers that he is my cousin's son. As such, we're all obviously thrilled he's scratching the surface of possible regular first grade appearances. In my opinion he was always better suited to the back row, he just needed to adjust to the higher workload and improve his fitness and strength. He's been getting there in the Q cup and now seemongly gets a chance. With his wing/centre experience, he could be a handy bench forward and outside backs cover.

In saying all this, Kane may be playing with a heavy heart this weekend. His grandmother (my aunt), who he is very close with, is extremely unwell and could pass at any time. I hope he isn't badly affected, whatever the situation is at the time.
Best of luck to him.
I really hope he goes well and makes a successful career of it.
I'm still pissed we traded him for that useless lump Tuki.

Wouldn’t be surprise if there’s a few changes to starting the 13 before kick off… btw - when and if he inherits kicking duties - Lobbster converting his own try should be known as surf and turf… (I’ll see myself out…)

Same here but Alaimalo is the one I really want to see I think it will take him 12 to 14 weeks and he will find a way in the 17
I've got a funny feeling that he is actually ready. He is in the squad for Mudgee. He was left out of NZ cos there were other options. Staines is too small, Tupou is going going gone. This guy is big, mobile and has a keen sense of running the right lines. He and Alaapaate impress me. Not sure about Olam fitness after his National Pharmacies apology press conference where he apologised for being unfit. 4 more sleeps until kick off.

On what we saw throughout the 2023 season I would agree.
But as I previously stated, every team ideally needs an edge back rower who can also fill in the backline should injuries occur throughout the game. He’s really the only player we have that fits that description.
Yeah, I agree.
That's a valuable type of player.

... he isn't good at either position though, in my opinion.

Sukkar said he came through the grades playing centre, so maybe he is a more suitable option - moving forward.

I've got a funny feeling that he is actually ready. He is in the squad for Mudgee. He was left out of NZ cos there were other options. Staines is too small, Tupou is going going gone. This guy is big, mobile and has a keen sense of running the right lines. He and Alaapaate impress me. Not sure about Olam fitness after his National Pharmacies apology press conference where he apologised for being unfit. 4 more sleeps until kick off.
I known what your saying I saw some of his rugby highlights which means nothing but there is something there maybe NSW cup superstar or mite be a little bit of X factor for first grade but I still think 12 to 14 weeks I don't want him setup for failure

This will be a very important game for us.

It's an accurate assessment on whether we get out of the bottom 4 this year.

Man we need this win against the Dragons

It’s a trial, means nothing in reality.

Both teams won’t be throwing the kitchen sink at each other in this game & we will probably see the top grade forwards shift off at halftime like in game 1 given the size of the bench is roughly the same.

It’s a trial, means nothing in reality.

Both teams won’t be throwing the kitchen sink at each other in this game & we will probably see the top grade forwards shift off at halftime like in game 1 given the size of the bench is roughly the same.
We're coming off 2x spoons and playing a team that is also very poor.

We need the Win badly

We need the Win badly
We could paste them by 50 and it really will mean nothing come the proper season TBH.
Winning becomes a habit for sure and a win would be nice but we belted Manly or whoever it was in the trials 2 years ago and then nothing.
If the halves show a decent kicking game that's probably the biggest indicator of improvement hopefully. The scoreline doesn't mean much.

Wouldn’t be surprise if there’s a few changes to starting the 13 before kick off… btw - when and if he inherits kicking duties - Lobbster converting his own try should be known as surf and turf… (I’ll see myself out…)
Baddabing badaboom

We need the Win badly

We just got a win - did that make a difference on if we avoid the spoon against a top 8 side?

A trial win makes zero difference on if we win a 3rd spoon or not.

I want us to win but this game doesn’t mean anything for the season ahead especially when we have 3 week gap between our 1st full game.

We just got a win - did that make a difference on if we avoid the spoon against a top 8 side?

A trial win makes zero difference on if we win a 3rd spoon or not.

I want us to win but this game doesn’t mean anything for the season ahead especially when we have 3 week gap between our 1st full game.
We need the win to instil belief in the players this club is on the up “on the field”….belief in this area is lacking badly..the Dragons are a team we should easily beat no matter the significance of the game..bet your bottom dollar Flanno wants his team to win badly for the same reasons…

Reactions: BZN
Back