TEAM LIST Trial 2 vs. Dragons

Team List
Can't believe how long Asu Kepaoa has been a mainstay of our squad. Some people seem to see something in him but I truly don't. I'm still scarred by the first season he played for us on the wing where he single handedly cost us multiple games from conceding and/or failing to score tries. Was shocked when he got extended, and continue to be shocked to find him in the 17 year after year.
He was disappointing last season after showing some early promise, particularly in our big trial win against the Raiders.
I think he looks in better condition this season and when you consider it’s becoming important to have at least one edge back rower who can run like a centre, I think we should be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope to see a big improvement from him as solely an edge back rower or bench utility in 2024.

Last edited:
I think that is highly doubtful - and more likely that he just has the same 14 jersey he was named in last week.

Simpkin or Kepaoa are more likely.
Why don’t you wait and see how the young fella goes before constantly being negative towards him ?

Reactions: 851
Have to wonder if Galvin has the inside running for the bench utility. Assuming Benjiman runs one.

As a bench utility we are slim pickings if the view is Api plays 80mins. Might as well give a rookie a crack.

AJ though probably fits the role but would prefer we just let him have a season as a forward. Ball running wise he did fine last week, his post contact meters were very good. It was his bad defensive read for whatever reason he feels needs to rush a player that leaves a gap and worries us all.

He was disappointing last season after showing some early promise, particularly in our big trial win against the Raiders.
I think he looks in better condition this season and when you consider it’s becoming important to have at least one edge back rower who can run like a centre, I think we should be prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope to see a big improvement from him as solely an edge back rower in 2024.
I thought he was incredibly weak at centre and he's been very ordinary at 2RF also.

I don't think he should be in the full strength 17 and should be shown the door as soon as we can.

Like us to find a better player to fill this role.

Kane has been training really well at the Storm & put some size on he will get gametime this year if he stays injury free.
Kane started in the forwards then was transformed into a winger. I thought he had something and I was sorry to see him go.
I really hope he kicks on.

I thought he was incredibly weak at centre and he's been very ordinary at 2RF also.

I don't think he should be in the full strength 17 and should be shown the door as soon as we can.

Like us to find a better player to fill this role.
On what we saw throughout the 2023 season I would agree.
But as I previously stated, every team ideally needs an edge back rower who can also fill in the backline should injuries occur throughout the game. He’s really the only player we have that fits that description.

Kane started in the forwards then was transformed into a winger. I thought he had something and I was sorry to see him go.
I really hope he kicks on.
I mentioned back when Kane was with the Tigers that he is my cousin's son. As such, we're all obviously thrilled he's scratching the surface of possible regular first grade appearances. In my opinion he was always better suited to the back row, he just needed to adjust to the higher workload and improve his fitness and strength. He's been getting there in the Q cup and now seemongly gets a chance. With his wing/centre experience, he could be a handy bench forward and outside backs cover.

In saying all this, Kane may be playing with a heavy heart this weekend. His grandmother (my aunt), who he is very close with, is extremely unwell and could pass at any time. I hope he isn't badly affected, whatever the situation is at the time.

Can't believe how long Asu Kepaoa has been a mainstay of our squad. Some people seem to see something in him but I truly don't. I'm still scarred by the first season he played for us on the wing where he single handedly cost us multiple games from conceding and/or failing to score tries. Was shocked when he got extended, and continue to be shocked to find him in the 17 year after year.
Me either, he got beaten badly for a try last week, surely we have better

Latest posts

Back