LIVE GAME Trial 2 vs. Dragons

Live Game Discussion
Exactly, he is terrible.. he misses tackles badly, he is always out of position. He refuses to scramble in defence, to the point that he actually just watches the play unfold. His hands are flippers, he is lazy and ineffective with and without the ball.
Another critic that doesn't watch the game

DONT FORGET people,we can bag the players all we like,we also have a club ledgend in the coaches box that is a ROOKIE NRL coach...
Everybody bagged Flanno for what he did at the Sharks,but he has improved the Drags 200% on last year...
I hope Benji does well,but how many times has it been said that superstar players dont always make good coaches...
Benji needs time,it should have been in Group six for a couple of years,lets hope he can prove to us all he can be a successful coach at this level...
That's actually the weirdest thing about Flanno.

Got Sharks their first premiership.

Benji is lacking that grit of a coach. The side feels under-trained, under-tackled. Just not up to first grade.

After last year, we appear to have learned nothing. Holding judgement for round 5, but the board need to get ahead of this.

This. Exactly. They're under instructions, by design
as you said. I don't think benji or we showed our hand
That wasn’t the main problem tonight.
We got blown away as we are not strong nor aggressive enough and our defence is still horrible. We were run over by a more physical and determined outfit.
Can’t fix that in three weeks.

Seyfarth is t being paid to be a starter or regular on our 17.
He’s being paid to his ability as someone who can do a job in our 14-17 or just outside of that and provide good value when injuries occur.

What he gets paid has nothing to do with it.
He sucked tonight against NRL forwards, he didn’t against a reggie pack last week.

DONT FORGET people,we can bag the players all we like,we also have a club ledgend in the coaches box that is a ROOKIE NRL coach...
Everybody bagged Flanno for what he did at the Sharks,but he has improved the Drags 200% on last year...
I hope Benji does well,but how many times has it been said that superstar players dont always make good coaches...
Benji needs time,it should have been in Group six for a couple of years,lets hope he can prove to us all he can be a successful coach at this level...
Lol you lectured me last week about Benji and his coaching.
Have you turned 180 so quickly?

If you watch the try Ben hunt scores off the grubber he is standing hands on knees in back play. Not even fit enough to play in the forwards.
Is that what you do, wait for someone to miss something in the back play and then rip in? Do you actually watch the game itself? Mate you're a Brooks fan. Enough said.

That wasn’t the main problem tonight.
We got blown away as we are not strong nor aggressive enough and our defence is still horrible. We were run over by a more physical and determined outfit.
Can’t fix that in three weeks.

Agree with everything you said besides the last
Sentence haha. Anyway, doesn't help when your
inside and outside men are coming on & off the
Field all day, not an excuse but should b acknowledged

Is that what you do, wait for someone to miss something in the back play and then rip in? Do you actually watch the game itself? Mate you're a Brooks fan. Enough said.
You can see a lot when you open your eyes. Keep the Kepaoa pom poms at the ready, one day he’ll catch the ball.

Lol you lectured me last week about Benji and his coaching.
Have you turned 180 so quickly?
What Im saying is we have a team with some experience and youth,we also have a rookie coach in his first full year at NRL level..people are bagging players and the way they are playing at the moment and Benji is trying to coach a side which seems to be lacking confidence and some skillsets..He has a job on his hands to get this team to be competative while only starting to learn how to coach an NRL side...

Agree with everything you said besides the last
Sentence haha. Anyway, doesn't help when your
inside and outside men are coming on & off the
Field all day, not an excuse but should b acknowledged
How is he going to make the squad bigger and stronger, whilst increasing aggression in 3 weeks when he failed to do it n 4 months?

You can see a lot when you open your eyes. Keep the Kepaoa pom poms at the ready, one day he’ll catch the ball.
How many did he catch tonight? Even got a strip. Makes more PCM than anyone, I'd say his tackle count was up with the best. A few offloads. What more do you want?

Positives were Stef,Pole, Galvin, Sullivan , Sezer,API, Sam Fainu,Paps,Lobb, Tupou tackle

Negatives were Olams knee, Seyfarths defence, general lack of intensity,power and cohesion in attack

What Im saying is we have a team with some experience and youth,we also have a rookie coach in his first full year at NRL level..people are bagging players and the way they are playing at the moment and Benji is trying to coach a side which seems to be lacking confidence and some skillsets..He has a job on his hands to get this team to be competative while only starting to learn how to coach an NRL side...
That’s why his appointment was a retarded decision.
He needs more assistant coaches.

How is he going to make the squad bigger and stronger, whilst increasing aggression in 3 weeks when he failed to do it n 4 months?

Haven't got all the answers bro, well soon find out lol

How many did he catch tonight? Even got a strip. Makes more PCM than anyone, I'd say his tackle count was up with the best. A few offloads. What more do you want?
Agree to disagree mate, I don’t think he’s good enough, you do.

That’s why his appointment was a retarded decision.
He needs more assistant coaches.
I love Benji for who he is and what he has done for the game....but coaching is anothe beast as we all know with the ones we have sacked...I would have loved to have gotten Flano when we had the chance...

On a side note Tuck,I met Flano when I was the supervisor at Moss Vale golf club,had a quick chat and he was very approachable and humble...

We had something like 50 tackles in their red zone. Forwards are getting us down there, we just can’t execute when we get chances. Same as last year.

We had something like 50 tackles in their red zone. Forwards are getting us down there, we just can’t execute when we get chances. Same as last year.
I agree, but 50 tackles in the red zone is about average for most teams. Yes, our attack was poor tonight, but my concern is the silly mistakes that we make and how quickly we leak points.

We literally self-destruct when the going gets tough.

I agree, but 50 tackles in the red zone is about average for most teams. Yes, our attack was poor tonight, but my concern is the silly mistakes that we make and how quickly we leak points.

We literally self-destruct when the going gets tough.
We need some strike power out wide. DWZ, Johnson, Sivo, Mulitalo type players who know how to score and then you aim to get the the ball to them whenever you can in the red zone. Our centres and wingers are plain, teams can condense their defense and spoil our attack without fear of being burnt out wide.

Well that was terrible, our defence was woeful, and are we the only team that doesn’t know how to play out the back , I am sick of this 5?hit ups and then kick the shit out of the ball.
I thought with better half’s we would be playing a better brand of football. The dragons were a bigger side than us but they played football throwing the ball around off loading . I really can’t see benji making this work on that performance. Only good thing I took out of the game was young GAVLIN he does look the goods

Back