TUIAKI HAS ANOTHER OPERATION?

if he is able to walk it could well take 2 months for him to be able to run at full pace if everything goes well so round 6 is definetly an option but i see them bringing him in after the first bye, so round 10 and thats 3 months away, any earlier would be awesome lets all hope for the best though

@Bazzinator said:
hey did anyone else notice that taniela was not seen holding his crutches anymore unless it is just some good camera work i see this as a positive especially at the end of this video he is standing on his own without support. always a positive in my opinion http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/video/0,,NRL%20News_26972,00.html

they are so far off the mark it isnt funny

there is ZERO chance of that happening…

Troy…seems you could be right I don't like 'no set date'.....the rest foxsports spin?.....

Although no set date has been determined for Taniela, he is walking freely without crutches and has been undergoing plenty of work with Wests Tigers rehabilitation manager Andrew Leeds.
>
“The injury is coming along well. There has been no more setbacks and hopefully I can get back on the park soon,’’ Taniela said.
>
“I now have a bit more movement in my ankle following the last operation.
>
“It is frustrating sitting on the sidelines and just doing cardio and rehab work when the boys are out there training and playing but I’ve just got to take my time with it. My time will come.”....from Tuiaki the Dog article

Least we know Leedsy is looking after the big unit...

if we see him this year its a bonus

No one knows 100% when he will be back by a particular date, no one knows when, this injury is going to take as long as it takes to heal..and the only thing to do is work on it.. but 2010 is not going to be a year we see much or any of Tuiaki

Wait…if no-one knows when, how can you so unequivocally rule out a round 6 return?

I got the big scoop, from a source I am not at liberty to divulge….......Tuiaki will be back eventually...

@Geo. said:
@Kul said:
wow, that's unexpected

A lot of people were saying Round 16, I was hoping for around Round 12 (with a bit of luck) but Round 6 is brilliant!

Geez surely not…..Management of his injury has been a nightmare....or so I've heard....

Yeah Round 6 is right.
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\

Ankles are tricky to manage when it comes to injuries. I tore some of the ligaments in my ankle a couple of years ago and that kept me from running properly for 4 months. With the damage Tuiaki sustained I'm inclined to believe T-REXX on this. He might be walking fine but it's a different story when you try and run and the impact on the ankle is amplified.

He wasn't walking fine last weekend. Without crutches, and out of the wheelchair he was in during the offseason. He had a stiff limp but was walking un-aided nonetheless. Another player in this team who had snapped his ankle early on in his career said it is a nightmare to come back from, and he was around 30kgs less that Tuiaki. The running impact combined with the weight on it is the defining factor. He might be walking on it freely for the next 6months, but that does not mean that he will be able to run on it let alone play 1st grade NRL on it..

Benji just announced on 2gb that tuiaki will be running in 4 weeks n expects him back by roun 8…

@shifty said:
Benji just announced on 2gb that tuiaki will be running in 4 weeks n expects him back by roun 8…

Yeah….I heard that too...Brohman asked if he was out for the season, Marshall laughed and stated what shifty posted.

@innsaneink said:
@shifty said:

Yeah….I heard that too...Brohman asked if he was out for the season, Marshall laughed and stated what shifty posted.

what else is Benji going to say about his roommate, than talk it up…..that's the Wests Tigers way...I hope he is right

awesome news if true hopefully the squad can remain full strength to then and give sheensy a good headache on who to drop.

will he start in first grade or a few games in reggies though is the question

@Aladinsane said:
@innsaneink said:
@shifty said:

what else is Benji going to say about his roommate, than talk it up…..that's the Wests Tigers way...I hope he is right

He couldve said round 6, couldve said round 10, 14, or 20…Im assuming hes saying what he believes is true.
I dont know what youre saying though....you saying he's talkin out his arse?

He couldve said round 6, couldve said round 10, 14, or 20…Im assuming hes saying what he believes is true.
I dont know what youre saying though....you saying he's talkin out his arse?

he was taking the piss.:wink:

Members online

Back