TUIAKI HAS ANOTHER OPERATION?

He wont be back round 6 or 8, surely that is impossible. The muscles around his ankle would have deteriorated greatly. They deteriorate in 6 weeks imagine how they are with 6 months of minimal usage. And thats just his muscles, the ligaments are ten times more complex.

He may never be the same again I reackon.

That player for Hull in the 1980's had a permanent limp from ankle ligament damage it was the most horrendous thing you could see.

@Balmain Bug said:
He wont be back round 6 or 8, surely that is impossible. The muscles around his ankle would have deteriorated greatly. They deteriorate in 6 weeks imagine how they are with 6 months of minimal usage. And thats just his muscles, the ligaments are ten times more complex.

He may never be the same again I reackon.

That player for Hull in the 1980's had a permanent limp from ankle ligament damage it was the most horrendous thing you could see.

I have to ask - do you have any kind of medical background or training at all, or are you just speculating wildly based on your own logic?

Because you do realise there are qualified people actually looking at Tuiaki's ankle… I mean actually looking at the real thing and working with him at rehab every week.

what else is Benji going to say about his roommate, than talk it up…..that's the Wests Tigers way...I hope he is right
He couldve said round 6, couldve said round 10, 14, or 20…Im assuming hes saying what he believes is true.
I dont know what youre saying though....you saying he's talkin out his arse?

I j saying, Ink, that's it's just wishful thinking on Benji's part , hoping his roommate will be back by then.
I just don't see it happening….After the 2007 season , TnT had a bad pre season because of personal issues and , we all saw how he started that 2008 season, unfit and slow off the mark.
He basically is way behind the 8 ball with being fit and raring to go, even if the ankle heals beautifully....it just my opinion, and I hope I am very wrong, but the best I will hope for him back is Rd 14 to Rd 18....and I can't see him just slotting back on the wing.....he might be serving the Wt better on the interchange bench

tank was shown running on sports tonight, they said today was the first day he's been able to run on it.
all for a speedy recovery.

Farah said on sports tonight,they are looking at round 3 for the TNT,that sounds promising.

Saw this NZ video and gave me a laugh, taniela is like a big kid hes the best! hope we see him this year :slight_smile:

http://www.3news.co.nz/Tigers-spoiled-for-wing-choices-this-year/tabid/317/articleID/145098/Default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I spoke to Dr khun at Blue Tongue stadium last Saturday(27/2/10) and he indicated that it will be after round 4 as there has been a number of set back invovled with taniela's surgery.

So are these the official predictions so far??

Farah - Rd 3
Humphreys - Rd 4
Dr. Kuah - after Rd 4
Marshall - Rd 8
Members' training - indefinite

please add if i've missed any..

It's fast becoming a multiple choice answer of epic proportions…The main thing is that TNT is not rushed back and the ankle is as strong as it will be before he returns. Last thing he needs is to do too much too soon and re-injure it.

@joe's magpies said:
I was talking to Tuaki at the season launch and he said that he will be back in 5 weeks. That means he will be back round 4 or 5.

In Wests Tigers injury weeks, that means week 10!!

.. looks like it's sounding more positive now!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/lote-tuqiri-taniela-tuiaki-in-tiger-power-play/story-e6frexnr-1225837963900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

_Tuiaki's injury was a massive worry for the club - but it now appears he is recovering well.\
\
Wests Tigers assistant coach Royce Simmons said Tuiaki's prognosis was much more positive than was thought a month ago.\
\
"Taniela will now start to build up his ankle again," Simmons said. "Whether he is back in four, five, six or eight weeks will depend on how he recovers. But we think now he will play again this year."_

Such good news! It seems thats they probabaly weren't BS us and that earlier this year it looked bad end of season bad but with the new surgery and taniela's will power (hes super human right?), its turned to a more likely return soon. I know with injuries it is all speculative but when i saw taniela using the bike you have to think its improved alot.

So hopefully we'll see the tank out on the paddock soon!!!!!!!

What A great Man - Fan day he saw the camera around my neck and He asked if he could have a pic with my 2 boys.

Hoping it all comes good and their are many more days of TNT in the Tigers Black and Orange.

@crouching_tiger said:

Farah - Rd 3
Humphreys - Rd 4
Dr. Kuah - after Rd 4
Marshall - Rd 8

Balmain Bug - Rd 12
\
\
\
:wink:

@Balmain Bug said:
@crouching_tiger said:

Farah - Rd 3
Humphreys - Rd 4
Dr. Kuah - after Rd 4
Marshall - Rd 8

Balmain Bug - Rd 12
\
\
\
:wink:

TOMCAT round 11