TUIAKI HAS ANOTHER OPERATION?

M

MagpieMax

Wondering if anyone here can confirm that Tuiaki has had another operation to his foot this week and will be missing for half the year.

He had minor cleanup surgery but no one knows exactly how long he will be out. Some say he may be back by round 6, others think mid-season or possibly later.

Sheens just said on channel nine Tuiaki had another op today and will not play till late in the season. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel so sorry for the big fella, they even showed him doing the injury brought back bad memories!

T-REXX was on the money on that one then unfortunately. Big blow for the Tigers and now there will be extra responsibility on Tuqiri I feel.

I guess a minor upside is that it makes him less attractive to rival NRL clubs and Union…

suddenly our backline looks pretty thin

One would assume that Ryan has cemented the Number 5 jersey, so that leaves the other wing open to Brown, Pritchard, Fitzhenry and Toupou?

man this sucks…

Sheens comment on 9 wasnt real clear, did he say we wont see Taniela this season…..any more than a round 1 return is a huge blow for our season you just cant replace a player of his class.....one thing we can say welcome back Fitzy

If Ryan is on one wing and Lote on the other why are we considering these other guys, especially Fitzy.

Am i missing something?

Because it's likely that Tuqiri will be shifted to fullback

BUT, if he does stay on the wing, then Mullaney can come in as fullback and Moltzen can go to the halves

problem solved :smiley:

@Kul said:
Because it's likely that Tuqiri will be shifted to fullback

BUT, if he does stay on the wing, then Mullaney can come in as fullback and Moltzen can go to the halves

problem solved :smiley:

We all know sheens wont do that, Moltzen will be in the one with Tuqiri and Ryan out wide. But if the Fonz lrealises what he is oing Moltz to 7 Brown or Tuqiri at 1 and 2 whatever floats your boat :slight_smile:

i don't think Sheens will consider that, Lui will stay in the 7 jersey and the rest stay as is:

1.Moltzen
2.Lote
3.Lawrence
4.Asyhford'
5.Ryan
6.Benji
7.Lui

Awful news, what a blow.

Particularly painful because even with the acquisition of Tuqiri, we're essentially weaker on the flanks than we were last year. Tuqiri & Tuiaki would have been unbelievable.

Also feel huge empathy for Tuiaki on a personal note. He would've been in line for a big contract at the end of this season. It will be difficult to attain that, unless he signs a one year deal and back himself to prove his worth in 2011.

Be good if Toupo was fit and still played on the wing any case i think the back 5 round 1 will be

1.Moltzen
2.Tuqiri
3.Lawrence
4.Ayshford
5.Ryan/Brown

@Danos said:
I guess a minor upside is that it makes him less attractive to rival NRL clubs and Union…

Fantastic…..

He's one tough man Tuiaki....don't write him off just yet.....

@crouching_tiger said:
As i've stated already….Tuiaki will be lucky to get his jersey back off the Fitz...

If only we took you seriously :laughing:

When i first started this thread, someone had told me that you would'nt see Tuiaki again this year.But without being an alarmist i mentioned if anyone had heard anything & if he'd be out for half the year or so..but our worst fears are now reality. :frowning:

@MagpieMax said:
When i first started this thread, someone had told me that you would'nt see Tuiaki again this year.But without being an alarmist i mentioned if anyone had heard anything & if he'd be out for half the year or so..but our worst fears are now reality. :frowning:

I tried telling you last month….but you no risten!!

http://weststigersforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1734&start=36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back