UFC & MMA Discussion

@jc99 said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1295892) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1295881) said:
I can't handle this "sport"? It's unmitigated violence. Why do people watch it? It's horrendous. (in my opinion)

It's an extremely technical sport that's very interesting to watch if you know what's happening. It's levels above boxing in entertainment value too.

I was a massive boxing fan as a younger bloke (and trained) but boxing is dead. Corruption has killed it other than a small number of true champions that still exist.

I hated UFC until recently because I saw it as pure brutality for the sake of it without the skill and art of boxing, however lately I have learned about a lot of the MA techniques involved and I find myself enjoying it more. Still wouldnt classify myself as a fan but I do find myself taking an interest.

Joe Rogan was my gateway to MMA.

@happy_tiger said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1295900) said:
@jc99 said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1295894) said:
@tiger19 said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1295893) said:
Chandler extremely impressive too. Much better than I thought he'd go if I'm honest, although something seemed wrong with Hooker (not sure if just nerves or otherwise).

Hooker didn't look like he was there at all. Leaving the gloves in the octagon after is a big sign something was playing on his mind too.

Could be his way of saying he is done .....I did the same with my footy boots after my last game ...it was to say no more comebacks ...your cooked

Yeah normally that's a sign of retirement but seems strange that he would retire at this point his career unless something else is going on we don't know about.

@tiger5150 said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1295905) said:
I can't handle this "sport"? It's unmitigated violence. Why do people watch it? It's horrendous. (in my opinion)

It's an extremely technical sport that's very interesting to watch if you know what's happening. It's levels above boxing in entertainment value too.

I was a massive boxing fan as a younger bloke (and trained) but boxing is dead. Corruption has killed it other than a small number of true champions that still exist.

I hated UFC until recently because I saw it as pure brutality for the sake of it without the skill and art of boxing, however lately I have learned about a lot of the MA techniques involved and I find myself enjoying it more. Still wouldnt classify myself as a fan but I do find myself taking an interest.

Yeah boxing is dying off, there's only interest in the mega fights and that's it lately. Too many phony decisions all the time for me plus I just don't find it as entertaining

You definitely need to learn the sport off someone like Rogan to appreciate it more, it's insane how much tactics go into an MMA fight, super complex and there's so many insane techniques

@jc99 said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1295931) said:
@tiger5150 said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1295905) said:

Yeah boxing is dying off, there's only interest in the mega fights and that's it lately. Too many phony decisions all the time for me plus I just don't find it as entertaining

You definitely need to learn the sport off someone like Rogan to appreciate it more, it's insane how much tactics go into an MMA fight, super complex and there's so many insane techniques

Boxing in Australia has gained strength the last 12-18 mths

very good fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUsHCR5o1Ww
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6g1N6LimRc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpJ63eDVnQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n37blHFKm9U

![UFC_262_poster.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1620833794341-ufc_262_poster.jpeg)

Sunday.

![Screenshot_20210516-055242_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1621108396299-screenshot_20210516-055242_instagram.jpg)

![IMG_20210516_055452_062.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1621108522116-img_20210516_055452_062.jpg)

There's my tips everyone.
Lessgoooo

@demps said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1364125) said:
![IMG_20210516_055452_062.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1621108522116-img_20210516_055452_062.jpg)

Lessgoooo

Your up early demps
I think chandler might grind out an ugly win,he can defend jits pretty well.
I agree with Dariush and Ferguson,as much as I want to see Tony win.
Not sure if I’ll buy this one.or watch it illegally lol

@sausagesorcerer said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1364130) said:

Lessgoooo

Your up early demps

Big day man, gotta train, clean house and get some groceries done before the card starts.

Early Anasta gets the Gatorade.

I've been on that shattered streams all year except for the Dustin card but I'ma buy this one....

?

@demps said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1364132) said:

Lessgoooo

Your up early demps

Big day man, gotta train, clean house and get some groceries done before the card starts.

I've been on that shattered streams all year except for the Dustin card but I'ma buy this one....

?

? Anasta and his electrolytes.
Same! Most UFC I’ve watched in years ?.i used to be happy to pay for cards when they were stacked.
Enjoy lad ?

@sausagesorcerer said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1364137) said:
@demps said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1364132) said:

Lessgoooo

Your up early demps

?

? Anasta and his electrolytes.
Same! Most UFC I’ve watched in years ?.i used to be happy to pay for cards when they were stacked.
Enjoy lad ?

To think,
This card also had:

Nate Diaz VS Leon Edwards
Jack Hermanson vs Edmen Shabazyan or however it's spelt.

Was stacked but they removed those two.
Still, I'm frothing for some fights

Cheers brother

Great main card that turned out to be! That barboza knockout was the weirdest KO ever, never ever seen something like that.

@jc99 said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1364389) said:
Great main card that turned out to be! That barboza knockout was the weirdest KO ever, never ever seen something like that.

Lol, wanted to keep fighting but the power just switched off...

Great.

Female fight didn't deserve to be on the main card but the one on the pre lims was great.

2 main fights were great.
Thoroughly enjoyed.

@demps said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1364393) said:
@jc99 said in [UFC: Discussion](/post/1364389) said:

Lol, wanted to keep fighting but the power just switched off...

Great.

Female fight didn't deserve to be on the main card but the one on the pre lims was great.

2 main fights were great.
Thoroughly enjoyed.

Main event was hectic really good day of fights

Latest posts

Back