We still need a centre

tigerstragic

Sorry to say this but again the roosters try came from Kevin N coming out of the line, not trusting his man inside him and coming in to make a tackle when he should not have.

He made some silly errors during the game and despite his fantastic attitude is struggling…. I see him as a bit of a weak link

We need a very quick centre that can attack AND defend. Because at the moment I cant see where we will score points.

I think most Forum Members would concur with your comments.

Kevin has played 94 NRL games (Newcastle (15) with 9 tries, Penrith (8) with 7 tries and WT (71) with 29 tries). Also 15 games for Fiji.

Whilst he is a passionate player and gives 110% he falls between too good for State Cup but not consistent enough for NRL. His defensive reads are that of school boys.

Yes we need a quick centre that can defend and attack.

Would like to see Milne pull out his finger in State Cup and be given a chance.

What ever happened to Marion Seve (Another Forum's next big thing tag)?

Absolutely. Kev hasn't improved at all in his time with us and we can't persevere any longer. Milne or Fonua need a shot.

Was really hoping Milne would go hard in ISP.

Like everyone knows Kev puts in the effort but I think he tries to do more than he skill set can handle and just ends up doing something silly.

Fonua or Milne need to progress and the sooner the better or we may need to look elsewhere.

Luke Garner our captain in ISP could be an option but would need to be upgraded to an NRL contract.

There are 32 centres listed coming off contract this year.

Dane Aukafolau, Kirisome Auva'a, Javid Bowen, Braidon Burns, Masivesi Dakuwaqa, Cory Denniss, Blake Ferguson, Asipeli Fine, Tyrell Fuimaono, Anthony Gelling, Shaun Hudson, Hymel Hunt, Jamayne Isaako, George Jennings, Robert Jennings, Brian Kelly, Brenko Lee, Ricky Leutele, Kane Linnett, Chanel Mata'utia, Pat Mata'utia, Sione Mata'utia, Ken Maumalo, Josh Morris, Brent Naden, Justin O'Neill, Tom Opacic, Mosese Pangai, Junior Pauga, Beau Scott, Moses Suli, Jonathan Wright

Of that lot I would target "Tom Opacic" …. he was injured on his debut with the Broncos and is only coming back. Highly regarded by all in Brisbane including uncle Wayne.

Tom Opacic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AslGMJSSiJo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR6WWWZyiNw

Hodgo has a massive rap on Garner. He singled him out before the game as the one to watch.

Garner has experience at centre and probably not quite ready physically for a second row spot in FG.

Is he ready for FG? probably not but Kev was very ordinary and Garner looks better then Milne atm.

Time will tell.

It was very disappointing that Milne didn't play left centre against the Dogs. Makes no sense seeing Marsters has right centre wrapped up and Kevvie is struggling yet Tali played left centre.

Even young Price looks a very solid outside back option for the future.

I'd say no to garner at centre. We need pace and skill outwide. Not another back rower filling in at centre.

@ said:
Of that lot I would target "Tom Opacic" …. he was injured on his debut with the Broncos and is only coming back. Highly regarded by all in Brisbane including uncle Wayne.

Isaako will be the Broncos next fullback otherwise he would be an awesome pick up, Braiden Burns is light years above Opacic,& the Tigers would get more value out of developing Toli.

@ said:
It was very disappointing that Milne didn't play left centre against the Dogs. Makes no sense seeing Marsters has right centre wrapped up and Kevvie is struggling yet Tali played left centre.

I'd say no to garner at centre. We need pace and skill outwide. Not another back rower filling in at centre.

Miline seems to be the forceful ball playing centre, similar to Marsters. I am interested to see how Tali develops at left centre. I agree Garner in the second row is where he should be allowed to develop.

@ said:
@ said:

Miline seems to be the forceful ball playing centre, similar to Marsters. I am interested to see how Tali develops at left centre. I agree Garner in the second row is where he should be allowed to develop.

Problem is Nofa, Milne, Tali and Fonua are all basically the exact same player, and not really what we need. Marsters has a lot more ball skills and footwork than the others who all rely purely on power.

I think Ferguson should be signed.
He has speed, is tough, experienced and can cover fullback, wing and centre.
But even with that signing we require another quality centre.

@ said:
How about Latrell Mitchell the guy Marsters owned..he's pretty good…

He resigned this morning and I am kinda glad we didn’t go near him.
Lots of potential and talent but not sure that he has the personality and temrament to reach the top.
May be wrong but we’ll see,

We do need to enter the market for a centre for sure. However, in the meantime, I would really like to see Garner given a crack. He lacks genuine pace, but is a great front on defender, has a great temperament obviously (hence the 'c' next to his name), and is tall and rangy. As I said in another thread, he reminds of a young Beaver Menzies who played plenty of centre very successfully.
If not Garner, then I'd be going with Milne ahead of Kev, that's for sure.

Latest posts

Back