We're finally winning those close games

@clontarfkid said:
@norm said:
So good to see us getting out of those close ones, especially when we are favorites to win.

Thats exactly my point…we shouldnt be in "close ones" against teams who will inevitably be competing for the wooden spoon ie Newcastle,warriors,raiders ,Nth Qld.
The real season is about to start for the tigers.

The so called great dragons almost got beat by the warriors and couldnt beat the raiders

These are the sorts of games are the ones that make or break a season. The ones that are decided in the back 20 minutes. In the last 4 seasons I reckon we have won about 20% of games decided by roughly a try or less. This seasons we have found a way to win against Canberra twice, Manly and the Dogs. They are 4 games that could easily have gone the other way. We blew the Roosters game but your always going to cop 1 or 2 close losses. Problem in previous seasons was we were coping 6 or 7 close losses when you should at least be splitting these games in terms of wins and losses.

There dirty games in the middle of the season are where we should of been picking up points for years. When Origin is on and we are unaffected. This is the only season we are capitalising, and it leaves less pressure at the back end of the season. Your never far away in this comp from another lean patch, we are far from immune to this. Keep chalking up these average wins, they are still worth 2 points. Confidence grows and the pressure of the back end starts to become less.

There are a few scars to get rid of these past 4 seasons. I still think we will have some bumps along the way.However at least we are putting ourselves in a position by winning the majority of the games we should win and grinding out dirty wins we never used to. We have a tough draw the last 11 weeks, but were in decent shape in terms of form and injuries so I give us a chance.

@Tiger Watto said:
We sure did…

**The better team lost today**, and not to mention the great calls they received from that Maxwell & Klien.

This is good sign for us, we were gritty in the final 15, and it paid off. The boys had the heavy legs from the Bye, but stuck in there for 74min and we got the result.

2 points is 2 points!!!

I'll resind that comment. While at the game, it always looked like Canberra had the momentum over us, after reviewing the Stats this morning, it appears the Tigers did out-play them across the park.

A good grinding win!!!
:sign:

Back