Wests looking in the market !!!

gatorman

Todays Sunday Herald reported that

Wests Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys reflected the mood of many clubs when he said

**"We are waiting for the Melbourne issue to clear because that will prompt some movement , you would think".**

Obviously then Wests Tigers are going to be a player in the market place in the near future.

What do we want ?.

Who is the kind of player we are after.

The paper today listed 100 players including 42 players with Test and/or Origin experience available for next year. Obviously some of these players will be resigned by their current clubs but there is a large choice.

Notice Tuiaki there on the list along with Fitzy.

Would much prefer an addition in the Frontrow although none on the list grabbed me.

Yeah front row and half. Though we were just a little unlucky this year with Moltzen and Lui being out. Our halves shouldn't be a concern too often like that.

Front row definitely.

I think we should make a play for Daly Cherry-Evans unless Manly have locked him up.

If Inglis agree's to terms with Brisbane next week, Melbourne should be able to keep Cronk, Slater & Smith under the Cap by releasing the lessor names like Finch, Lima & co…

We just need a prop who bends the line EVERY time they do a Hit-up...

Ben Cross please. He's due an injury free run and he is an asbsolute handful. Would come pretty affordably too I'd say. After Newcastle's expenditure they wouldn't have much left to offer their current bunch of off contracted players.

Heard we are keen on Scott Porter and have made inquries, but he is still contracted for next season so would need a release..

@Granto87 said:
Heard we are keen on Scott Porter and have made inquries, but he is still contracted for next season so would need a release..

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: please … Scott Porter :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Might as well up grade Lazarus and Nicholls instead of wasting our money there. They are just Park Footballers too...

@MacDougall said:
Ben Cross please. He's due an injury free run and he is an asbsolute handful. Would come pretty affordably too I'd say. After Newcastle's expenditure they wouldn't have much left to offer their current bunch of off contracted players.

I'd sign him. Problem is, he will still get good money overseas, probably well over 200k…

He'd be good for a year or two. A good mentor for Woods and Fafita...

@MacDougall said:

I dont rate Ben Cross at all. He;s the only player ive seen come back from Origin a worse player

A worse player, or unlucky Sirro?

I don't think he has played more than 4 games straight in 2 years? If gets a good run, maybe he will get that confidence back?

@Tiger Watto said:
A worse player, or unlucky Sirro?

I don't think he has played more than 4 games straight in 2 years? If gets a good run, maybe he will get that confidence back?

His month of football directly after his Origin game was embarrassing. He went to water.

Our attack is too reliant on the left side with Lawrence and Lote, we need more on the right.

So I'd say a centre on the right side. Thats if there are better players out there then Ayshford, Daneila and Brown who are solid but don't provide enough in attack (Daniella is capable).

And obviously a front rower.

@Jazza said:
Our attack is too reliant on the left side with Lawrence and Lote, we need more on the right.

So I'd say a centre on the right side. Thats if there are better players out there then Ayshford, Daneila and Brown who are solid but don't provide enough in attack (Daniella is capable).

Moltzen would be a great option as the right centre, allowing Benji to swerve his magic with Rowdy and Lote…

@Tiger Watto said:
@Jazza said:

Moltzen would be a great option as the right centre, allowing Benji to swerve his magic with Rowdy and Lote…

He'll most likely get first crack at 7 next year.

@king sirro said:
@MacDougall said:

I dont rate Ben Cross at all. He;s the only player ive seen come back from Origin a worse player

He always seems difficult to put down and runs at the line hard and fast. He is a metre eater, which is what we need. He may not be good and up until this season he had a season or so of injuries and poor form but from what I've seen of Newcastle this season he has been a stand out.

@MacDougall said:
@king sirro said:
@MacDougall said:

He always seems difficult to put down and runs at the line hard and fast. He is a metre eater, which is what we need. He may not be good and up until this season he had a season or so of injuries and poor form but from what I've seen of Newcastle this season he has been a stand out.

I thought he had a shocker against the Sharks. Every time i watched he seemed to drop the ball and really didn't offer much.

Back