12 Corey Vlaciky
13 Dean Rysko

14 Michael Stolk
15 Sam Hoare
16 Levi Freeman
18 Justin Coveney
19 Duan Poaneki

Coach: Leo Epifania

Strong looking side. Be interesting to see if Laurie bothers to have a go this week. Hope that Akeripa, Davis and Pritchard all play well again, same for Stolk coming off the bench.

@tomcat said:
Another half back turned hooker…FAIR DINCUM....

He's been playing halfback and hooker for the past three seasons.

Who misses out when Collis comes back?

Hate Newtown…Fire UP Wests....Defence......Daine I'm looking at you.....

@Geo. said:
Who misses out when Collis comes back?

Hate Newtown…Fire UP Wests....Defence......Daine I'm looking at you.....

It will be the same starting line up as last week I reckon. Collis to centre, Akeripa to second row, Freeman to bench. Hoare to start, Dunley to bench.

NEWTOWN SIDE FOR ROUND 19 VERSUS WESTERN SUBURBS
1 Don Thompson
2 Smith Samau
3 Sonny Tuigamala
4 Tu'U Maori
5 Sisa Waqa

6 Tinetali Papalii
7 Liam Foran

8 Ray Moujalli
9 Sean Rudder
10 Khalid Deeb
11 Jimmy Anderson ©
12 Rohan Ahern
13 Matthew Hall

INTERCHANGE
15 Kyle Lodge
16 Tere Glassie
17 Pat Rosser
19 Tavite Vatuvei

COACH : Greg Matterson

Newtown always prove tough for Wests. Seem to have the wood on the Pies. The Jets team is stronger from the last time the sides met and the Wests team is without Skando and the Mouse.

Laurie needs to aim up this week and be a force against the big Jets forwards.

Pretty sure we will win this,, from memory last time we meet was at campbelltown on a wet track,where they carved us up..things will change this weekend on a dry track…ps ,use your backline more often,its full of speed,,its all class....

Newtown without Tuatara and his left edge defence are not as dangerous

Very dissappointing display by Wests. They showed no ticker to win this match. As usual Stolk, Pritchard, Davis all stood out.
Why Stolk is not being groomed to be a future WT 1st grade prop is absolutely beyond me, but i guess Fonz and the gang know best.
Their halves overplayed their hand continually throughout the 80 and was their downfall. Soft hands would've seen an easy victory.

Even though the score suggests otherwise it was really a disappointing game. Wests had enough ball and field position to put on many more tries. The Jets tries all came from poor defensive lapses and attempts at tackles.

Team was to flat for the majority of the game and didn't dominate around the rucks. Even though they started off well I was dissapointed with the Waters Bros. Seemed to hold onto the ball far to often when they should of fed the dangerous running outside backs at there disposal.

Stolk and Rysko went ok up front. Betham not playing really affected the go forward of the team. Davis, Akeripa and Pritchard showed glimpses of brilliance and dangerous with ball in hand. Davis the pick of the lot with some blockbusting runs and a great solo try from dummy half palming off a few Jets defenders in a 20 metre run.

Laurie was better than last week I guess….. just. Played a lot of minutes and laid on a try for Everingham. He just doesn't really charge onto the ball. More like cross field running and slipping a pass away. Probably time for Leo to just move him out wide or use him in spurts off the bench. Laurie is also on report for some reason that I didn't see.

I can't remember the last time the Magpies have beaten the Jets. They seem to have it over the Magpies.

Tries: N.Waters, Everingham, Davis
Goals: Freeman

. . . . the VB's were nice but they charge like a wounded bull for a sausage sandwich . . . .

Not sure if Brendan Waters knows how to pass from left to right ,once again with overlaps out wide, brendan decides to hog it and go himself,,twice he went to ground with it on the fifth tackle,,please LEO address this problem,he's been doing it for a few weeks now,,His kicking game is very ordinary to say the least,,wants to grubber kick for himself all the time ,when he should be making a contest for the ball by hoisting it up wide for his outside backs…

Members online

No members online now.
Back