Wests Tigers Board & Ceo Discussion

It’s interesting if you read that article in the SMH about Cleary that it says whilst Pascoe has made some good decisions off the field, re sponsorships, CoE and increased membership, “ ultimately he will be judged on what happens on the field “.
And that was 2017, amazing eh ……
Yes we are way better off the field than on it, that’s seems to be what keeps Pascoe in the job. He’s created financial stability, increased memberships (God knows how) and given the Wests Tigers a credible name in the community doing all sorts of good things for charities and schools etc.

This would be all well and good if we were some sort of benevolent charity organisation, but we’re a bloody NRL club! We need results on the field as an NRL club. If Pascoe can’t perform in that area then what’s the point? He’d be better off going to work as an advocate for the Salvation Army or some other such organisation because that’s where his skills seem to lie - community work, not football operations.

Yes we are way better off the field than on it, that’s seems to be what keeps Pascoe in the job. He’s created financial stability, increased memberships (God knows how) and given the Wests Tigers a credible name in the community doing all sorts of good things for charities and schools etc.

This would be all well and good if we were some sort of benevolent charity organisation, but we’re a bloody NRL club! We need results on the field as an NRL club. If Pascoe can’t perform in that area then what’s the point? He’d be better off going to work as an advocate for the Salvation Army or some other such organisation because that’s where his skills seem to lie - community work, not football operations.
Absolutely agree but in todays “woke” society, being seen as an organisation that does
“ good” things for community and other issues, seems to be as important as your base business. It’s that warm, fuzzy feeling that us oldies, who were brought up in a different era, struggle with sometimes.
I for one would like to see both go hand in hand but the priority, imo, is the footy club success first, then the other flows from that.
I’m sure there will be many who will tell me that I’m wrong but I’m ok with that.

Absolutely agree but in todays “woke” society, being seen as an organisation that does
“ good” things for community and other issues, seems to be as important as your base business. It’s that warm, fuzzy feeling that us oldies, who were brought up in a different era, struggle with sometimes.
I for one would like to see both go hand in hand but the priority, imo, is the footy club success first, then the other flows from that.
I’m sure there will be many who will tell me that I’m wrong but I’m ok with that.
Not wrong at all Hal, you’re absolutely correct! Well in my opinion anyway lol

Not wrong at all Hal, you’re absolutely correct! Well in my opinion anyway lol
Does anyone really think NRL clubs don't put winning footy as the priority, despite whatever community engagement programs they also have?

Why can't they do both?

Tell me this isn't common sense.

Given the internal rumblings reportedly going on between Fulton, Sheens, Benji & Pascoe, wouldn't it make sense to immediately get all parties in a room to air their grievances and for the CEO (who supposedly sits above all in the hierarchy) to direct this is the chain-of-command, responsibility of each party, who reports-to-who & who owns the final decision in various football & recruitment matters. Stay in the room until there is acceptance and buy-in from all parties. If there isn't, someone has to be moved out.

If that cannot happen, there is even greater weight for Pascoe to be removed.

Tell me this isn't common sense.

Do you think if a review is undertaken, the board members would write themselves out of a job?

I understood Sheens was the GM of everything football including the hiring of staff in that area. Wouldn't the recruitment officer be one of his direct reports? It seems that all is good until it isn't and then the rule book goes out the window.

"Wests Tigers have called an emergency meeting" - is that the board or the two people who are responsible for creating the problem?
How can their be a fair assesmnent of the current situation without the two people who created it being held accountable about their judgement, which has further damaged the clubs already questionable image.

View attachment 5942
Seriously enough is enough… Pascoe & Lee’s jobs have become untenable. Hiring Fulton was self sabotage & they haven’t done anything right to make us a better football team.
How does this info get out? There should be only be 4 people who know about this meeting (well should be 5).

We finally sorted out the club leaks over the first half of the season now all of sudden the dam wall has broken. It seems to have only re-commenced over the past 2-3 weeks.

This is the last straw !
The CEO has apparently called a crisis meeting tomorrow between Benji and Fulton
First why did you appoint Fulton without telling the coaching staff
Second how come the media know all about it . Assume Justin told them .
Third .Why is Sheens ( the coach ) not invited
We are a laughing stock .
I'm simply reporting what Anasta just said on fox footy
He said its really difficult to keep hearing all stuff and can hardly imagine how difficult it must be for Tigers fans .
Please just go and do the books or just go !!!

This is the last straw !
The CEO has apparently called a crisis meeting tomorrow between Benji and Fulton
First why did you appoint Fulton without telling the coaching staff
Second how come the media know all about it . Assume Justin told them .
Third .Why is Sheens ( the coach ) not invited
We are a laughing stock .
I'm simply reporting what Anasta just said on fox footy
He said its really difficult to keep hearing all stuff and can hardly imagine how difficult it must be for Tigers fans .
Please just go and do the books or just go !!!
Quite possible Fulton told his uncle Peter Peters - no secrets in the NRL and there are agendas everywhere.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back