Wests Tigers Captaincy Statement...

@Telltails said:
@Granto87 said:
@Snake said:
I think Ballin should be named as Captain ..comes straight into the club no baggage ,highly professional , hugely experienced I see absolutely no reason why he could not be captain of the side .. did not think you had to be at a club for a period before you could be captain ,leaves all others to concentrate on there footy.

I agree start a fresh

How does Ballin earn the right to be captain of West Tigers before making a tackle? Not my idea of what a captain is to a team. Welcome to the club Matt Ballin but you got do a bit more than slip on the jersey to be given the captaincy.

I agree Telltails. I wouldn't put it past JT though. :laughing: Nothing would surprise me !

Rowdy should be captain. No better club man in WT. Can't imagine any of our guys, old or new not holding Chris in the highest regard

@Curaeus said:
Rowdy should be captain. No better club man in WT. Can't imagine any of our guys, old or new not holding Chris in the highest regard

Absolutely right. Good post Curaeus :supporter:

@Curaeus said:

Problem is the coach and the head of football operations do not share your opinion. Otherwise why would he have been told to look elsewhere?

@sheer64 said:
@Curaeus said:

Problem is the coach and the head of football operations do not share your opinion. Otherwise why would he have been told to look elsewhere?

Salary cap - only the salary cap.

No one, absolutely no one questions Rowdy over experience, committment, honesty, integrity, passion for the Wests Tigers the regard in which he is held at WT and the ability to be the captain.

No one is doubting their ability but Teddy and Woods need to work on their game for the benefit of the WT and do not need the distraction of the captaincy imo.

@foreveratiger said:
@Telltails said:
@Granto87 said:
@Snake said:
I think Ballin should be named as Captain ..comes straight into the club no baggage ,highly professional , hugely experienced I see absolutely no reason why he could not be captain of the side .. did not think you had to be at a club for a period before you could be captain ,leaves all others to concentrate on there footy.

I agree start a fresh

How does Ballin earn the right to be captain of West Tigers before making a tackle? Not my idea of what a captain is to a team. Welcome to the club Matt Ballin but you got do a bit more than slip on the jersey to be given the captaincy.

For me a Captain has to have the respect of his Peers….not that Ballin won't get that but guys like Lawrence , Woods and even Tedesco would have already that respect from fellow Peers.
I'm sure Lawrence and Woods would be part of the Leadership group anyway.

Just wondering how many games for the club does it require to become a leader and get respect.I though leaders where born not manufacture my bad!

Snake:

I'm a fan of Ballin and think his a great player but we are talking about Captain here , i personally feel we are not getting more value in what we already have in Farah….it's not to say that i don't think Ballin is a good player cause i think he is ( different Topic )
A Captain barks orders around and with this whole Farah saga......we don't know for a fact if players are happy with what's happened to Farah ? or there disgusted of his treatment ?
So in saying that if Ballin is the Captain and will obviously be starting i'm not sure the players that are against what happened will get his full attention.

The smart thing would be if JT is thinking of starting Ballin over Farah ? give the Captaincy to Lawrence Woods or Tedesco and just have Ballin concentrating on his role in the team without having the added pressure of bossing his team mates around . It takes time to build a certain level of trust with your team mates.

Surely Ballin doesn't get the captaincy. Robbie is the better player and its Ballin's first season with us.

I'd have nearly every player in the squad ahead of Ballin and this is not meant to disrespectful towards him.

@foreveratiger said:
Snake:

I'm a fan of Ballin and think his a great player but we are talking about Captain here , i personally feel we are not getting more value in what we already have in Farah….it's not to say that i don't think Ballin is a good player cause i think he is ( different Topic )
A Captain barks orders around and with this whole Farah saga......we don't know for a fact if players are happy with what's happened to Farah ? or there disgusted of his treatment ?
So in saying that if Ballin is the Captain and will obviously be starting i'm not sure the players that are against what happened will get his full attention.

The smart thing would be if JT is thinking of starting Ballin over Farah ? give the Captaincy to Lawrence Woods or Tedesco and just have Ballin concentrating on his role in the team without having the added pressure of bossing his team mates around . It takes time to build a certain level of trust with your team mates.

Agree FT. Ballin needs to prove himself in our colours, before he's even considered for the Captaincy. He's professional enough and will do what's required of him, but he's heart belongs to Manly. That will never change.
Just like Anasta… His played for us, but his heart belonged with the Roosters... One of our boys should and will get the Captaincy. :sign:

Posted: 17 November, 2015 by AAP
I Want Wests Tigers Captaincy: Woods
Aaron Woods says he would love to succeed Robbie Farah

Aaron Woods wants to be the player to lead Wests Tigers out of their turmoil.

Woods is keen to succeed Robbie Farah as skipper of the embattled NRL club and forge a new era at Concord with under-pressure coach Jason Taylor.

After stepping down from the captaincy last month, Farah's fallout with Taylor continues to create headlines at the Tigers, while the departure of key personnel including Marty Taupau and Keith Galloway has hit the club hard ahead of the 2016 season.

Test and NSW Origin front-rower Woods, a Tigers junior with Leichhardt juniors said on Tuesday it had always been his ambition head up the club.

"Definitely, as kid it was a goal. I always wanted to be captain of the club," Woods told AAP.

"No one knows what is going on with all that stuff at the moment, it is only the third week of pre-season, there is a long way to go.

"If it does come my way I would take it with both hands, but it if doesn't I would support the person that gets it.

"We will just get back into footy first and then see where it goes."

Ironically, if appointed Woods said he would base his leadership style on that of the out-of-favour Farah.

"Robbie is someone who always plays with his heart on his sleeve. He is a great person to have a role model as to base your captaincy around," Woods said.

"Robbie is a great leader. He is vice-captain of NSW, he has been captain there a few times and he was captain of the Tigers before he stood down.

"He has played 13 or 14 years of first grade, there is a lot of experience, there and when I first came to the club I was like a sponge and he was a bit off me because I was asking him a million questions."

"I still do and most of the time he has an answer."

Woods, 24, said Farah was dealing well with his situation at the Tigers. Taylor hasn't guaranteed Farah a first grade spot in 2016 and Matt Ballin has joined the club as competition for the hooking spot.

"Robbie is a world class athlete, I have never seen someone as fit and mentally strong as Rob," Woods said.

"He is that fit and you wouldn't even know he has had any problems in the off-season.

"He has come back to training and he has been one of our best trainers and I wouldn't expect any less from Robbie."

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2015/11/i-want-wests-tigers-captaincy-aaron-woods/

Latest posts

Staff online

Back