Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence

@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1524175) said:
@balmain-boy said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1524173) said:
Hopefully it's operational ASAP, will change the whole outlook of the club.

It may well be delayed, there are staff shortages all over the place these days. Would be naive to think some of their contractors haven't been impacted.

The podcast guys mentioned April I think.

I am a Builder and I can confirm it is a nightmare at the moment, but it is commercial project and it fly once they have it locked up out of the weather,

@enmoretiger said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1524182) said:

It may well be delayed, there are staff shortages all over the place these days. Would be naive to think some of their contractors haven't been impacted.

I am a Builder and I can confirm it is a nightmare at the moment, but it is commercial project and it fly once they have it locked up out of the weather,

Cause of covid or the weather or both?

@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1524184) said:

Both the weather has been extremely tough before Xmas & now most of my subbies have reduced trades due to Covid and then there is the shortages of material and to top that off, some material is increasing nearly weekly. I build Architectural residential work and all of the above makes get specilised trades and material very tough.

@enmoretiger said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1524192) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1524184) said:

Both the weather has been extremely tough before Xmas & now most of my subbies have reduced trades due to Covid and then there is the shortages of material and to top that off, some material is increasing nearly weekly. I build Architectural residential work and all of the above makes get specilised trades and material very tough.

Suxks mate everything looks like getting more expensive too

Does anyone know how much or what will be available to the local community, what will require memberships and what's exclusive to WT?

Should've got players bonding by shovelling concrete and getting blisters on their hands.
That way they don't use their hands for other things when their stressed :]

Hope our players and managers get a sniff of this and other positives so we look more like a secure and attractive establishment for retention

@tig_prmz said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1524208) said:
Does anyone know how much or what will be available to the local community, what will require memberships and what's exclusive to WT?

Lining up for a haircut when the barber has finished on Pascoe?

@cobarcats said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1524237) said:
Hope our players and managers get a sniff of this and other positives so we look more like a secure and attractive establishment for retention

The Inner West is one of the most fashionable and desirable areas of Sydney. There is the Uni of Sydney, the Federation architecture of the homes, desirable in-fill development plus the cafe culture. The Inner West is a gold mine of talent that the Roosters can only dream about. We undersell the club in many respects and this is where our sponsors, especially one of our most loyal, generous and trusted can assist.

Courtesy of the West Harbour Rugby Union f/b page:

https://www.linkedin.com/embed/feed/update/urn:li:ugcPost:6891975087784894464?compact=1&fbclid=IwAR1EB0dlwwBetd5kPa2V1TsAG7LZVIUiip9cI5nebdbGyHSuNMNED0mCQh0

@tiger_one said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1526224) said:

https://www.linkedin.com/embed/feed/update/urn:li:ugcPost:6891975087784894464?compact=1&fbclid=IwAR1EB0dlwwBetd5kPa2V1TsAG7LZVIUiip9cI5nebdbGyHSuNMNED0mCQh0

So how does that work - West Harbour will be using Concord Oval as their home ground. I would assume they are training elsewhere.

@diedpretty said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1526237) said:

So how does that work - West Harbour will be using Concord Oval as their home ground. I would assume they are training elsewhere.

West Harbour Rugby will not change - they shared Concord Oval before the upgrade, playing and training there. They'll continue to play and train there when the new complex opens. Winners all round, rugby leage with the Wests Tigers COE, the upgraded facilities for shared use by Wests Rugby and other community benefits as well.

Check out : https://collaborate.canadabay.nsw.gov.au/redevelopment-concord-oval

The Redevelopment of Concord Oval will provide:
Open green spaces for recreation
Enhanced outdoor public areas and a new plaza
New indoor recreation centre including multipurpose sports courts, gymnasium and group fitness rooms
Public art throughout the precinct
Café for residents and visitors
Rooms for community programs, activities and functions
New match day facilities for local sporting clubs
A new head office and elite training facility for Wests Tigers.

@diedpretty said in [Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence](/post/1526237) said:

You have to remember most of the guys in Shute shield are part time players the schedules of each club shouldn’t clash too much

Surely West Harbour can move somewhere else. Lidcombe oval, or any public park really. They don't need our facilities or ground. They're a bunch of amateurs playing in a glorified post Private school comp. Surely there's a school they can train and play at, and if there's not why do they have a team?

The Inner West is one of the most fashionable and desirable areas of Sydney. There is the Uni of Sydney, the Federation architecture of the homes, desirable in-fill development plus the cafe culture. The Inner West is a gold mine of talent that the Roosters can only dream about. We undersell the club in many respects and this is where our sponsors, especially one of our most loyal, generous and trusted can assist.
Yeah I'm sure those in Bondi coogee and maroubra are envious of those in burwood concord and marrickville

Reactions: BZN
Surely West Harbour can move somewhere else. Lidcombe oval, or any public park really. They don't need our facilities or ground. They're a bunch of amateurs playing in a glorified post Private school comp. Surely there's a school they can train and play at, and if there's not why do they have a team?
That's not very nice

Concord oval is a public park.

Concord Oval was developed as a "Rugby Ground" back in the mid to late 80's for the 1987 Rugby World Cup. Unfortunately someone got "sticky fingers" and well, we all know how that went.

Yeah I'm sure those in Bondi coogee and maroubra are envious of those in burwood concord and marrickville
Well i imagine that the roosters would be jealous of the Bra and Coogee both Souffs juniors and Bondi I think has one junior team. And don't forget the inner west also includes areas like Balmain, Birchgrove, Newtown etc etc etc.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back