Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence

This has a lot to do with parents and society pushing the higher Ed, but I reckon a big part of the problem is no school cert at the end of year 10. Coz when kids go on to year 12 their 18 year old know it alls who think their to good to listen to a tradesman. When you get em at 16 they still got that dear in the headlights look about em. They listen and learn better and they can’t get into pubs and clubs yet so they’re not thinking about tonight’s squeeze.
I think you're exactly right. Getting rid of the school certificate is the dumbest thing ever. Not every kid needs to be, or should be, stuck in the education system until they're 18 or have their HSC. I know all I did in year 11 was be a PITA to my friends who wanted to learn. Uni was never in my plans as a 16 year old. Eventually I got where I wanted to be, but if I'd have had to stay in school and finish the hsc it would have been a waste of time for me. And I probably never would have gone to uni as an adult.

Shit bosses and terrible wages. That's about how it goes for at least the first couple of years. What trade is he doing?

Depends what sort of union rep he gets too. Some are alright, others only exist to make sure your dues are paid and only show up when representative elections are on. Overall the unions didn't do amazing things in our industry.
He is a carpenter and has left his employer. He has a new employer in the mix who provides a structured learning environment and under better supervision.

Your telling me that the club has been spruiking this place as a Top notch facility for our first grade players and for kids to develop and train at, at the one place. And yet they are keeping the demountables for the pathways kids instead?
It would be absurd to deny our juniors access to the Coe. Some players would be so offended they'd just walk away. We need to treat our talented juniors like royalty to an extent, what other reason would they have to stay and ignore the lure of the Roosters etc.

If there's a training schedule clash then sure use the demountables as an overflow of sorts, or a space for those part time coaches to operate

It would be absurd to deny our juniors access to the Coe. Some players would be so offended they'd just walk away. We need to treat our talented juniors like royalty to an extent, what other reason would they have to stay and ignore the lure of the Roosters etc.

If there's a training schedule clash then sure use the demountables as an overflow of sorts, or a space for those part time coaches to operate
Using the demountables will allow the juniors access to their own change rooms, lockers etc, I am sure they will still be using the pool etc

The missus & I got the opportunity to tour the COE. We both very impressed at all the great facilities available. It was awesome. Bumped into some legends, Jacko and Joe said are both so committed to the club and are so looking forward to what next season and beyond holds. Jacko said rehab is progressing very well. Are both so down to earth blokes.

Pascoe said they are trying to organise some tour dates for members and fans to also experience the opportunity. Stay tuned peeps.

The missus & I got the opportunity to tour the COE. We both very impressed at all the great facilities available. It was awesome. Bumped into some legends, Jacko and Joe said are both so committed to the club and are so looking forward to what next season and beyond holds. Jacko said rehab is progressing very well. Are both so down to earth blokes.

Pascoe said they are trying to organise some tour dates for members and fans to also experience the opportunity. Stay tuned peeps.
Did you get a haircut?

Did you get a haircut?
Ah mate, Pascoe did a sensational job ! my hair is the best it's looked in a while

Brought my boardies ...

Pascoe wanted to play Humpy Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall ...
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall ...

And splash 💦💦

Oh and btw he nearly drowned 🤦🏻‍♂️

Juniors honoured at Centre of Excellence​

WT would like to thank and congratulate all players and staff who were involved in our junior representative teams in 2022.

2022 has been a hugely successful season for the club's pathways teams with the majority of Wests Tigers junior rep sides making the finals of their respective competitions.

Wests Magpies claimed a maiden premiership in the Harold Matthews Cup, our Balmain SG Ball side made the finals, as did our teams representing Macarthur Wests Tigers in the Andrew Johns Cup (U/16s) and Laurie Daley Cup (U/18s) competitions.

kelly-barnes-awards-night--gp0774-copy-2.jpg

It was a hugely successful season for our women's teams as well, with Wests Tigers making the finals in the Tarsha Gale Cup (U/19s) and of course our club's maiden title in the Harvey Norman Women's Premiership.

Wests Tigers Junior Representative Awards night was recently held at the new Centre of Excellence, where players from all teams were given a guided tour.

Head of Pathways, Matthew Betsey says the event showcased a strong year for the club's development teams.

"It was tremendous to bring our younger players through and show them this amazing facility," said Betsey.

"Many of them were blown away by it, which is understandable.

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 5.15.28 pm.png

"All of our rep teams have done so well this season, and they should all be extremely proud of their achievements."

dsc_6575.jpg

Junior Representative Award Winners​

Macarthur Wests Tigers Andrew Johns Cup U/16s

Best Back – Sonny Edwards-Moeke

Best Forward – Amazon-Paul Puavavse

Coaches Award – Joel Byrne

Players' Player – Riley Oitmann

Best and Fairest – Riley Oitmann

dsc_6606.jpg

Balmain Tigers Harold Matthews Cup U/17s

Best Back – Cameron Kanaan

Best Forward – Keenan Lawandos

Coaches award – Hamze Najjarine

Players player – Keenan Lawandos

Best and Fairest – Keenan Lawandos

dsc_6494.jpg
(Keenan Lawandos with coach Chris Crotty & Dr Leslie Glen)

Magpies Harold Matthews Cup U/17s

Best Back – Will Craig

Best Forward – Kit Laulilii

Coaches Award – Tallyn Da Silva and Lachlan Galvin

Players' Player – Jordan Miller and James Folaumotu’i

Best and Fairest – Jordan Miller
dsc_6524.jpg
(Harold Matthews Coach Robbie Mears, James Folaumotu’i, Jordan Miller and Chris Lawrence)

Macarthur Wests Tigers Laurie Daley Cup U/18s

Best Back – Zac Gibson

Best Forward – Jack Leigh

Players player – Kaisara Tuimauga

Best and Fairest – Remi Mant

Coaches award – Dean Cotton

dsc_6959.jpg
(Kaisara Tuimauga with coach Tom Morrison)

dsc_6962.jpg
(Remi Mant with coach Tom Morrison)

Wests Magpies SG Ball Cup U/19s

Best Back – Riley Pascoe

Best Forward – Trystan Ball

Coaches Award – Zak Clarke

Players' Player – Riley Pascoe

Best and Fairest – Bailey Hodges

dsc_6865.jpg
(Bailey Hodges with coach Joey Saukuru)

dsc_6863.jpg
(Riley Pascoe with coach Joey Saukuru)