Wests Tigers Centre of Excellence

Would you prefer we go after quality or crap players?

If it’s quality nothing will happen till after November but probably between Feb-April.

If its crap we don’t need to sign anyone we have enough as it is.

While I'm not too hopeful, I think you're going off a little early.

Our problem, or one of, IMO player managers hate the Tigers. They show us no respect, and only talk to us to get better deals elsewhere.

A lot of it is our own doing. Too many clowns in the organization.

I tend to agree, I thought I’d just start a thread to track it. Let’s see if your Crystal ball is correct or we just sign more crap.
I didn’t say we wouldn’t sign crap but do actually have faith that our money will see us aquire better quality players than we have.

It would be absurd to deny our juniors access to the Coe. Some players would be so offended they'd just walk away. We need to treat our talented juniors like royalty to an extent, what other reason would they have to stay and ignore the lure of the Roosters etc.

If there's a training schedule clash then sure use the demountables as an overflow of sorts, or a space for those part time coaches to operate
This facility should be an attraction for development.... Demountables are not imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
This training facility should be an attraction for development.... Demountables are are not.
A lot is being made of the demountables. Càm barely bloody see them. They are such a small part of the site. I went past it last night. The place is huuuuuuge and an impressive sight.

It helps and will do, especially over time. Our reputation is terrible. Generally making sound football decisions would be the best attraction. Treating injuries well will help too.

A lot is being made of the demountables. Càm barely bloody see them. They are such a small part of the site. I went past it last night. The place is huuuuuuge and an impressive sight.
I basically made my last post as a thread test however I did mean what I said.
I thought that the COE's role was to unite the club with a state of the art training facility which was going to be excellent for pathways development.
By allocating the demountables to them it seems to be the opposite.
It's easy to be critical looking in from the outside, not knowing all the facts but our decision making in the past doesn't give me that much confidence.

I thought that the COE's role was to unite the club with a state of the art training facility which was going to be excellent for pathways development.
It's easy to be critical looking in from the outside, not knowing all the facts but our decision making in the past doesn't give me that much confidence.
The Coe has changerooms for the NRL and NRLW squads. Keeping the demountables will allow the jnrs to have access to high quality change rooms and gym. I'm sure they will use the Coe as well but this increases capacity.

The Coe has changerooms for the NRL and NRLW squads. Keeping the demountables will allow the jnrs to have access to high quality change rooms and gym. I'm sure they will use the Coe as well but this increases capacity.
Jersey flegg and NSW cup should be prioritised over NRLW in every way. Sorry for anyone offended by that but if we want to win NRL games, it’s a cold fact.

Last edited:
Well there you go, as I said, we don't know all the facts, probably more to it than that as well, cheers.

Jersey flegg and NSW cup should be prioritised over NRLW in every way. Sorry for anyone offended by that but it we want to win NRL games, it’s a cold fact.
I'm very happy to have a NRLW team to support. I'll support this as much as I supported our Toyota Cup team in the past.

Sure, and my point was that focusing on the demountables is like focusing on a tree in a forest. When you visit the site you won't be commenting on the demountables because you really won't notice them.

Reactions: BZN
Sure, and my point was that focusing on the demountables is like focusing on a tree in a forest. When you visit the site you won't be commenting on the demountables because you really won't notice them.
Most likely, so what's it like? What do they think?

I totally get what you saying.
In reality though, when your navigating through a forest you actually do focus on one tree, one that stands out, you go from tree to tree. You can't follow your compass step by step, you aim your compass to that standout tree then repeat the process over and over.
It's why a lot of people get lost in a pine forest because they're all the same tree in rows. Off topic a bit sorry.
Imo, the demountables will stand out no matter where you hide them.
Anyway, as I said, I don't know all the facts other that what Cochise has said so I'm just assuming.
Also time will tell. Situations change!

The place is amazing, a true world class facility. Some players have been coming into the gym for training over the last couple of weeks and that is something that hasn't happened in the past.
How did you pick up on that Cochise?

The place is amazing, a true world class facility. Some players have been coming into the gym for training over the last couple of weeks and that is something that hasn't happened in the past.
I can remember being told that players were given individual pieces of gym equipmemnt to take home, so they could continue training at home.

Back