Wests Tigers Coaches

Sheens wants a development coach, and the club ends up appointing Sheens as coach. He will be fifty years older than the kids he is trying to develope.

Give the job to Morris and let Sheens do what he is doing now and that is, acting as a shield between the club and the outside world. Okay he can mentor the new coach, but seriously what new coach wants to be nurse maided to.

We need a coach who has a plan and willing to back them selve, Not a coach in his seventies with a plan he will not only be the development coach we need for the playing group but he will be the development coach for the future coach.

No wonder this club, year after year are near the bottom of the pile

It's not rocket science guys.

The club is at rock bottom on the field.

Some of you blokes want to talk about managements lack of negotiation.

You have to be in some sort of position of power to be able to negotiate. We have nothing no power, leverage whatsoever.

What our pitch, Oww we have a COE and the bloke from brydens pouring money into our club. We have nothing to sell. Nothing!!! How many more failed negotiations do you blokes want. How much longer can you bear being the laughing stock of the nrl?

Do you think bringing a near rookie coach in will help this, what's your answer, Flanagan, no, Green noo!. You people don't even have a solution .

The strategy in simple, get sheens in, teach skill bring a bit of respect back to our on field brand. Once that's done the club will have some wiggle room in the coaching and player market. And may then actually be in a position to land a ciraldo or payton in 2 or 3 years.

Really the club owners and management are treading water and have no clue what they are doing. The contracts they have signed and results speak for themselves.

What other options do these armatures have but to give the control to the one bloke in this world that could actually do something with this pathetic club?

Sheens wont have any pull with the current generation of players you actually want at your club. If it amounts to that it's obvious everyone we approached threw their phone into the ocean, because [This word has been automatically removed] running this club hey.. I hope they atleast attempted with flanagan, anyone else and there is no reason to be optimistic. It'd also be nice to have someone whos in bed with the media these days, instead of getting plastered at every opportunity

Reactions: 851

You have to be in some sort of position of power to be able to negotiate. We have nothing no power, leverage whatsoever.

What our pitch, Oww we have a COE and the bloke from brydens pouring money into our club. We have nothing to sell. Nothing!!! How many more failed negotiations do you blokes want. How much longer can you bear being the laughing stock of the nrl?

Do you think bringing a near rookie coach in will help this, what's your answer, Flanagan, no, Green noo!. You people don't even have a solution .

The strategy in simple, get sheens in, teach skill bring a bit of respect back to our on field brand. Once that's done the club will have some wiggle room in the coaching and player market. And may then actually be in a position to land a ciraldo or payton in 2 or 3 years.

Really the club owners and management are treading water and have no clue what they are doing. The contracts they have signed and results speak for themselves.

What other options do these armatures have but to give the control to the one bloke in this world that could actually do something with this pathetic club?
If WT have a shred of credibility left, Sheens is it.

If the club appoints Sheens I don’t know if I will be able to hang in there.

To sign a head of football, only for that head of football to sack the coach and take the job himself would be the most Wests Tigers thing that’s ever happened. 🧨🧨🧨
Well he has gone from pathways to director of football, and that happened pretty quickly.

Someone mentioned a post on one of the podcasts: “Sheens is the best option at director of football, he’s the best option at head coach, and the best option at prop”.

If you don’t laugh you’ll cry.

We have seriously just given up with we are talking about Sheens taking on the role of head coach.

I’d rather the Walker Brothers (and they would be a disaster) at least it would show the club is fixing outside the box to get things happening.

100% right with everything you have mention.
I think many supporters are suffering and have gone numb.
im the first to admit it
change is needed don’t get upset.
Personally I couldn’t go through another coach hired and fired,but that’s what we’ve known for over a decade. I’m so happy things have changed it’s course.
Not even Bellamy or Bennett can fix us.
The GODFATHER carries our DNA.

Think people worrying about Sheens taking over are jumping at shadows. There’s been zero evidence of him gunning for the role. Idk why he‘d want it. Would actually be a downgrade from his current role. Atm, he has no pressure, he’s the judge, jury and executioner. He won’t have that same luxury as coach. He’ll have more to answer for.
The best way to make sure people are talking about the things you want them to, is to put it all out there.
We've sacked a coach, failed to land the next best coach and have lost every game subsequent to this. Yet there are not a hundred articles or hourly discussions on 360, Sen or TripleM about Madge, the club failing to land Ciraldo or how bad we're currently playing.
Why do you people think that is?
Said it the other day but it's oldest trick in the book - using misdirection - and is probably also being done in effort to help hose down our expectations too.

We're at a low point and everything looks bleak but I'd say the coach, team and supporters are the club's priority. Management are attempting to relieve some pressure for them while orchestrating the next steps of our revised plan.
I'm loving that they're not giving us too much shit as maybe this is the most common reason a player (or coach) refuses to come here - extreme media attention, and our inability to take control of any PR crisis - and we're establishing positive relations with them to help overcome this barrier.
It probably won't last but I'm happy to see us control the narrative a little. Plus you only need to look at the current trend in the media to see where all attention has been shifted and that it's also somewhat controlled.

The best way to make sure people are talking about the things you want them to, is to put it all out there.
We've sacked a coach, failed to land the next best coach and have lost every game subsequent to this. Yet there are not a hundred articles or hourly discussions on 360, Sen or TripleM about Madge, the club failing to land Ciraldo or how bad we're currently playing.
Why do you people think that is?
Said it the other day but it's oldest trick in the book - using misdirection - and is probably also being done in effort to help hose down our expectations too.

We're at a low point and everything looks bleak but I'd say the coach, team and supporters are the club's priority. Management are attempting to relieve some pressure for them while orchestrating the next steps of our revised plan.
I'm loving that they're not giving us too much shit as maybe this is the most common reason a player (or coach) refuses to come here - extreme media attention, and our inability to take control of any PR crisis - and we're establishing positive relations with them to help overcome this barrier.
It probably won't last but I'm happy to see us control the narrative a little. Plus you only need to look at the current trend in the media to see where all attention has been shifted and that it's also somewhat controlled.
Origin week. We’ll be back to getting our normal serve of reality following our performance against Parra. Long time leaders at the club will say nothing and Sheens will be left to front up and explain how they need a few more years.

Reactions: 851
Origin week. We’ll be back to getting our normal serve of reality following our performance against Parra. Long time leaders at the club will say nothing and Sheens will be left to front up and explain how they need a few more years.
After Madge's sacking it took up half the first episode, despite the Blues squad being named just prior to. After Sheens' interview with Kent, it was barely mentioned again.
My whole point is there's been less talk compared to previous years

After Madge's sacking it took up half the first episode, despite the Blues squad being named just prior to. After Sheens' interview with Kent, it was barely mentioned again.
I really think it’s starting to bore people. The messaging from the club (and even our actions) is basically ‘get used to it’

The media have also gone back to throwing darts aimlessly in terms of who they can link to the job.
Webster, Sheens, Kimmorley and god knows whoever else have been pushed at various stages, when I think we all know none of them are under any serious consideration.
It's good that the club is, for once, keeping things tight.

The article the other day was funny. Basically had everyone who's currently available.

Hope so @BAGNF05 cos it's boring to constantly see or read.
I’m of the opposite mind. Can’t see any accountability internally unless you’re a coach, maybe the noise from the media will one day hit home. Not holding my breath.

I’m of the opposite mind. Can’t see any accountability internally unless you’re a coach, maybe the noise from the media will one day hit home. Not holding my breath.
If you don't mind me asking, but accountability for what?
Madge was sacked due to the board's decision. We couldn't force Ciraldo to come here. We're playing poor because of our injuries and roster. Hartigan who was responsible for recruitment/retention is no longer here.
We know how we've gotten to where we are but we can't change it.

If you don't mind me asking, but accountability for what?
Madge was sacked due to the board's decision. We couldn't force Ciraldo to come here. We're playing poor because of our injuries and roster. Hartigan who was responsible for recruitment/retention is no longer here.
We know how we've gotten to where we are but we can't change it.
For me it all rests on The bloke in charge when both Madge and Hartigan were hired, when Cleary was hired and dropped an atom bomb on the cap, and he’s still the boss overseeing the Ciraldo debacle, (one of the lesser stuff ups).

100 percent know what your saying

Are you serious ?

He's a leader of men.
He'd be an astute recruitment for a role such as assistants.
He’s an NRL braveheart….
Anyone who says / thinks otherwise couldn’t lead a kid with money to a candy store

He’s an NRL braveheart….
Anyone who says / thinks otherwise couldn’t lead a kid with money to a candy store
He's well spoken too, despite the thick accent still remaining...

I think he'll do wonders as an assistant - Wayne knows what he's doing.

Sammy is from the trenches.

His skills showcased on SAS, really displayed his great leadership qualities.

Accent is better than it used to be….
Hear Matty Johns young fella talking him up as a leader / potential coach from playing under him.

Some blokes have that Aura that will drag a group behind them - Sam has been that bloke since well before he got here….

Listen to him speak on nursing his old man and looking after his younger brothers…..

He’s coaching bush footy and has 2 of the biggest names in league trying to get him - there’s a reason.

The SAS was a real revelation. He is a great leader - brave as without being an ego maniac. Realised after watching it why Maguire Bennett and any coach who has worked with him would want him leading/ involved with their teams.

Accent is better than it used to be….
Hear Matty Johns young fella talking him up as a leader / potential coach from playing under him.

Some blokes have that Aura that will drag a group behind them - Sam has been that bloke since well before he got here….

Listen to him speak on nursing his old man and looking after his younger brothers…..

He’s coaching bush footy and has 2 of the biggest names in league trying to get him - there’s a reason.
Yep, he's got a big future in coaching if he wants it.

Can see him doing well....

Not sure where the negative comments come from, maybe from the gossip magazine stuff about him cheating on his wife or having a bit of a bad time on the drink.

Back