Wests Tigers Coaches

The club have already disclosed the focal point of development is recapturing some of that 2005 brand of footy. It's probably why Sheens, Farah and Benji were pursued by the club.
Ciraldo has gained a reputation for his ability to work with juniors plus his coaching methods are highly effective in today's game.
IMO it's as simple as getting a coach capable of bringing the club's vision together. Someone who can successfully implement a coaching model or precise training methods to integrate this (coaching) style into the Wests Tigers junior pathways systems and work collaboratively with each division to ensure the successful application of it.

The club have always been transparent with this and I've interpreted that it basically means the club wish to create a high performing culture which is embedded throughout and they are being measured with their approach, by seeking a coach that can unify this goal.

I don’t even remember the last time they sacked a coach by sacking I refer to getting rid of him mid season, Trent has had the job since 2013 and seems unlikely they’ll move him on, as for the Roosters most players will take cuts to go to them or Storm knowing they’ll play finals, sucks I know but unless the NRL changes the system nothing can be done.
They’ve sacked every coach that became before Robinson since Gus. Murray, Stuart, Anderson, Fittler, Smith.

They’ve sacked every coach that became before Robinson since Gus. Murray, Stuart, Anderson, Fittler, Smith.
Did they sack all of them mid season? Or just not renew their contracts after they were up? While it is still classed as a sacking not every coach gets sacked mid year.

Imagine coming here to coach and having Sheens hovering around watching your every move.
It's a hard ask this job. Can't recruit the players you want without having to get approval.
But from all reports, that’s not how we are or sheens is operating. There is a bit more freedom than under Gus.
Sheens didn’t get involved in any of that when Maguire was here.

Reactions: 851
If Sheens wants a development coach Flanno is not the guy to do that, Flanno just needs a job he doesn’t need developing, only Morris and Ciraldo would fit that bill, I highly doubt he’s coaching us next year.
Are you mistaking the term Development coach for developing coach.
There’s no hard and fast rule to say he needs to be developing as a coach.
The club wants a coach who’s strength is in developing players.

Did they sack all of them mid season? Or just not renew their contracts after they were up? While it is still classed as a sacking not every coach gets sacked mid year.
What's that got to do with it? All I said is I could see the roosters looking around if things continue to go bad. You think they'll wait till 2028 if they miss the semis a few times?

Hopefully that's correct

But from all reports, that’s not how we are or sheens is operating. There is a bit more freedom than under Gus.
Sheens didn’t get involved in any of that when Maguire was here.
I read that the Tigers has a recrutiment and retention committee consisting of Sheens, Madge, Lee and not sure who else.
Madge couldn't just sign anybody without going to the heirachy.
Lee should have zero input.

But yet Flanno we haven’t even spoken too, Flanno didn’t develop players he bought majority of players from other teams and cheated the system with cap and drugs, we’ve only been linked to 2 coaches since Madge’s sacking that’s Ciraldo and Morris, even Sheens admitted the next coach is someone that’s a ‘kid’ Flanno isn’t a kid.

What's that got to do with it? All I said is I could see the roosters looking around if things continue to go bad. You think they'll wait till 2028 if they miss the semis a few times?
Roosters will bounce back, they have one bad year every few years and come back, if Robertson was going to be sacked they sure wouldn’t sack him with that many years left on his contract, that’s one hell of a payout for him, Robertson is safe for a while even if they don’t make the 8 this year 6 years since their last no finals appearance isn’t going to result in his sacking.

I read that the Tigers has a recrutiment and retention committee consisting of Sheens, Madge, Lee and not sure who else.

And Stapleton I may have heard

Way I read it is Flano doesn't need Sheens...Sheens wants a gig......and a weak Board wants a buffer between themselves and the coach
It won't be Flanno who is easily the most qualified candidate..more So than Sheens as his achievements are so more recent
That's the WTs

Flanno decision would have nothing to do with Sheens wanting a gig.

There are various reasons why he hasn't been brought back to the coaching ranks, and no doubt what he did at the Sharks has alot to do with it (it wasn't just the scandal, it was how he managed it and reacted to it. No integrity at all through it all) plus other things since no doubt. Lets be honest their isn't a shortage of opportunities for coaches each year.

At the Dragons he was moved from Assistant coach to a recruitment role over the last 12mths, not someone who is aspiring to getting back into coaching fulltime would do.

Flanno decision would have nothing to do with Sheens wanting a gig.

There are various reasons why he hasn't been brought back to the coaching ranks, and no doubt what he did at the Sharks has alot to do with it (it wasn't just the scandal, it was how he managed it and reacted to it. No integrity at all through it all) plus other things since no doubt. Lets be honest their isn't a shortage of opportunities for coaches each year.

At the Dragons he was moved from Assistant coach to a recruitment role over the last 12mths, not someone who is aspiring to getting back into coaching fulltime would do.
No doubt Griffin was also worried that he would do a Seibold and get him sacked to take his job.

Roosters will bounce back, they have one bad year every few years and come back, if Robertson was going to be sacked they sure wouldn’t sack him with that many years left on his contract, that’s one hell of a payout for him, Robertson is safe for a while even if they don’t make the 8 this year 6 years since their last no finals appearance isn’t going to result in his sacking.
Has anyone suggested Robinson is under pressure?

@gallagher believes there is, but before the season started he re-signed with them until 2028, so I say he’s got no pressure at this stage.
I said he could be if their form continue to drop over the next few years. Could.

You're the one who talks in absolutes.
Like Madge won't get the chop till the end of the year. Great scoop that one.

The club have already disclosed the focal point of development is recapturing some of that 2005 brand of footy. It's probably why Sheens, Farah and Benji were pursued by the club.
Ciraldo has gained a reputation for his ability to work with juniors plus his coaching methods are highly effective in today's game.
IMO it's as simple as getting a coach capable of bringing the club's vision together. Someone who can successfully implement a coaching model or precise training methods to integrate this (coaching) style into the Wests Tigers junior pathways systems and work collaboratively with each division to ensure the successful application of it.

The club have always been transparent with this and I've interpreted that it basically means the club wish to create a high performing culture which is embedded throughout and they are being measured with their approach, by seeking a coach that can unify this goal.
Wasn’t this all the talk last year?
There was a media clip with Kimmorely and Betsy that went into detail about this.
If we are a further year down the track and still waiting for a new coach in order to establish and coach this style then our juniors are further off then I hoped.
I honestly thought since they announced this approach it had commenced. Now I am concerned.

Prior to was Hartigan yes correct.

Bellamy was also a rookie coach. What's his value now? If Ciraldo is the next big thing, time for WT to take a punt. Never know could just be the next Bellamy. Don't want to be commenting in future years on this site saying,"remember we had the chance to sign Ciraldo"
It's a massive risk but you are very right every great coach gets a start somewhere hope he is and says yes to us. Like I said I'll support who ever they appoint

Latest posts

Back