Wests Tigers Coaches

In my opinion, Sheens is a panic option, the coach that everybody loves, and has a great record is Christian Wolf, he also has a repall with the Islander players and respect. I would hope that this option was looked at.

As I mentioned last Thursday.....it's now happening..

Yes but on Saturday, two days later you said the club was chasing Morris (they werent) despite the fact I had already pointed out that Morris had already rejected the Tigers.

On Saturday I posted "The Wests Tigers have had their first 4 choices decline the offer. They are now in a holding pattern considering whether to pursue a left of field option or ask Sheens."...You said this was not true.....on Saturday. This is and was true and now you are trying to take credit for it?

I think there us a difference between front office DNA and player.
95% of stuff ups has been recruitment and bad decisions made by the board.
WT DNA is Gareth Ellis, Robbie and Benji, LO on a sunday arvo, CS.
What else have we got?
Really, 95% of stuff-ups are Board and management decisions? Not the on-field performances and coaching strategies?

Tigers are financially in a pretty good position, so really the only thing that is failing right now is football operations, and it appears they have invested quite heavily in pathways recently, to arrest some issues with junior development.

Therefore if we park pathways to the side for a moment, the major ongoing issues are on-field performance (measured on a weekly basis) and overall recruitment ability (measured over years). But not just recruitment "decisions", I mean recruitment "ability", because many recruitment outcomes are based on the club's ability to compete in the market rather than specific poor decisions.

Honestly I fail to see how 95% of our problems/mistakes over 22 seasons are Board-related, because Tigers have significantly overturned the management and board over this period (a natural cycling of employees).

No, I think there's something baked into the Tigers DNA that prevents us from achieving sustained success, and we haven't hit upon the right combination of strategies and personnel to lift that curse for long enough to establish a foundation of success.

Personally however, I think the NRL has developed to a point where there is baked-in (unintentional) prejudice against struggling clubs. This is prejudice emerging from constant competition between clubs, not some kind of intentional bias. It's a survival-of-fittest scenario in 2022, because modern players will tend to accept lower pay for higher success, inclusive of all the other perks: (a) rep match payments, (b) personal brand and sponsorship, (c) likely existence of illegal side-payments or TPAs.

Of course a successful club is going to find it easier to get benefactors to agree to part with their cash, in the wide variety of ways that a player can be enticed, so players are consistently incentivised to play for successful teams, which tends to keep those teams successful.

It all becomes rather obvious when you look at the finals records of clubs since ~2010, where Tigers, Warriors, Dragons, Titans, Bulldogs, Knights all have approx the same level of non-success. That's 6 clubs you can usually bank on finishing Bottom 8 every year, and that "bankability" tells you that the system has become lopsided.

Again I don't believe the NRL has done this intentionally, because it is in the NRL's best interest for every club to have a successful period near the top of the game - it's the best outcome for every metric the NRL cares about (sponsorship, ticket sales, memberships, TV viewership, junior participation etc.) The reason for this is teams who often fail will never maximise their financial support potential, whereas teams who often win will experience a financial plateau as their fans get used to winning. So it's best for there to be fluctuating fortunes, to keep all fans highly engaged and hungry for a short-term return to success.

On the surface it’s crazy, and there are a lot of punchlines. But the truth is, there aren’t any better candidates. We’re getting down to Steve Georgalis level of options. It’s really Sheens or nothing at this point.
I have thought since last year Flanagan was the best option to replace Madge, and nothing has changed since then, how we have not enquired about him is just negligent, especially when they end up with the bloke hired to find a new coach appointing himself

Yes but on Saturday, two days later you said the club was chasing Morris (they werent) despite the fact I had already pointed out that Morris had already rejected the Tigers.

On Saturday I posted "The Wests Tigers have had their first 4 choices decline the offer. They are now in a holding pattern considering whether to pursue a left of field option or ask Sheens."...You said this was not true.....on Saturday. This is and was true and now you are trying to take credit for it?
I think people were more interested in you clarifying who the 4 were at the time but looks like it has sorted itself out

The West Tiger's mess lay squarely at the football board and owners of the joint venture it is has taken far to long to sort and correct past mistakes. Best example is the pathways they where told when they joined they needed to go down this path but they ignored it for 20 years. The centre of excellence was on the drawing at Western Suburbs 22 years ago mind you not as grand as the one been built. West Tigers have a great fan base that is solid and has big capacity to get bigger if the club was ran with more integrity. The same people who should not be involved are still there in the background why??

In all seriousness, I'm far from optimistic about it, but it's a step up from appointing some clown who hasn't even coached state cup yet, and is hiding behind a sides worth of generational talent at Penrith.

I still can't understand why anyone would be upset that Ciraldo didn't come, if for not for the embarrassment it caused the club.
This is where I'm at with it all.

Tigers seem to have great timing for things. Madge was sacked just before Origin 1. Brooks being dropped before Origin 2. Now Sheens signs as coach hours before Origin 3. Talk about stealing thunder. 😂

I think people were more interested in you clarifying who the 4 were at the time but looks like it has sorted itself out

I clarified who the 4 were.

Im not having a go at Tigerap, I have no beef with him, but I come here to share this information and a handful of people come here including Tigerap & Pom to say I was lying. Others said I was FOS. As you can all see, I wasnt lying nor am I FOS.

I have no problem with the Pom saying I was wrong, like I said I know who he is and he is legit but he didnt have all the info, I did. I dont know who Tigerap is.

I expect people to say Im wrong or full of it, thats the nature of forums, but to try to take credit for my information when you previously said it was not true is a bit rich.

Time to put this thread to bed and get onboard with the Sheenius that is about to unfold on our club....
At least now we can move in a direction....forward or backward time will tell.

I have thought since last year Flanagan was the best option to replace Madge, and nothing has changed since then, how we have not enquired about him is just negligent, especially when they end up with the bloke hired to find a new coach appointing himself
I don’t think any club wants Flanagan

I’m just really looking forward to seeing how the club word this to try and make it sound like a positive haha

I clarified who the 4 were.

Im not having a go at Tigerap, I have no beef with him, but I come here to share this information and a handful of people come here including Tigerap & Pom to say I was lying. Others said I was FOS. As you can all see, I wasnt lying nor am I FOS.

I have no problem with the Pom saying I was wrong, like I said I know who he is and he is legit but he didnt have all the info, I did. I dont know who Tigerap is.

I expect people to say Im wrong or full of it, thats the nature of forums, but to try to take credit for my information when you previously said it was not true is a bit rich.
Fair call mate , i must admit i was one of the doubters , if Sheens is the man then we will get behind him i’m sure 👍

Time to put this thread to bed and get onboard with the Sheenius that is about to unfold on our club....
At least now we can move in a direction....forward or backward time will tell.
We can’t get anymore backwards than last.

Agree though. Once the decision is made I don’t care who the coach is lets move on and see how the next few years will unfold.

We can’t get anymore backwards than last.

Agree though. Once the decision is made I don’t care who the coach is lets move on and see how the next few years will unfold.
A result or two that went against us would see us above where we are....Titans game rings a very unfortunate bell.
We could be like that disastrous Knights team that only won one game and got belted every week. Now that would be backwards

It’s little wonder we can’t find a coach when Tim has been in charge of the resumes and says he’ll do the job.

He should have declared his interest from the start so he could have been sidelined in the selection process.

I’m not alleging corruption, but this is a seriously flawed process. I’m surprised it got this far.

People are now saying that Tim will recommend himself.

I’m not arguing his coaching merit (many are) but his unfair advantage.

If he’s selected and we have another dreadful year, that’s pretty much the end of this regime.
Maybe a good thing. A huge price to pay though. All unnecessary and self inflicted.
He said he recommended punting Maguire because he couldn't see him at the club in 3 years. Then signs a 2 year deal potentially.

Latest posts

Back