Wests Tigers Coaches

There is a reason Michael Clarke turned down the opportunity to be on our board. It's because he does not want his name associated with this clown show.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

They’ve picked Benji as the heir apparent . It’s a pretty inspired choice really . He’s a superstar name , has an ego the size of Everest , so telling people they played like garbage would be no problem , and that’s important , and most importantly he has a media presence and can spend the next 2 years shifting the narrative of particulate fox , much in the same way buzz always Teflon’s away the sharks horrendous activities .
Can he coach though ? Who knows ..
Benji telling people that they played like garbage wouldn't be in no way the same manner as per Madge.

@THE_POM Thanks for the update..
Do you know if he will take over this year or wait until 2023 to start coaching.
I think he will wait as we are going to struggle this year for wins and won't look good if he takes over and we lose a lot of games.

I still think it was either incredibly stupid or incredible bad luck (like CC re-nigging) that we sacked Maguire without a signed backup.

I honestly think that was the right way to handle the situation. It would be unethical to be looking to sign someone prior to sacking the current coach.

Let's see how we go but my main concern is no dud short term signings ala Cleary. I would have retained Madge solely because he didn't do this.

I reckon Sheens is in a great position. A cap that is fine, some decent players signed for next year, some decent juniors coming through and we are currently dead last.

They’ve picked Benji as the heir apparent . It’s a pretty inspired choice really . He’s a superstar name , has an ego the size of Everest , so telling people they played like garbage would be no problem , and that’s important , and most importantly he has a media presence and can spend the next 2 years shifting the narrative of particulate fox , much in the same way buzz always Teflon’s away the sharks horrendous activities .
Can he coach though ? Who knows ..
This is the sulker who threw a tanty and left the matchball in the sheds after his last game with us? Who constantly stirred shit and constantly leaked to the media?

@THE_POM Thanks for the update..
Do you know if he will take over this year or wait until 2023 to start coaching.
I think he will wait as we are going to struggle this year for wins and won't look good if he takes over and we lose a lot of games.
If he is at the club already, there is no reason why he shouldn't start coaching immediately and the team get used to how he wants them to play.

This is the sulker who threw a tanty and left the matchball in the sheds after his last game with us? Who constantly stirred shit and constantly leaked to the media?

Walked out in 2013 Because he was playing like crap and wanted an extension from 2015-2017....
This time last year was rubbishing the club because he didn't get a gimme contact for 2021...
Still leaking to Michelle Bishop - Even these days....

Yep - That's the one.

For what its worth; I think Sheens, if he is legitimately looking to stabilise and mentor a new coach is by far a better option than going with a new younger coach with no or limited first grade NRL experience. I think in the short term his presence, knowledge and standing will stabilise the joint, hopefully settle down players like Pap and lead to other players that have been mooted on here as "watching" until a coach is announced signing. IDK but I think players would rather Sheens than Morris, or Walkers or Woolfe???

I still think it was either incredibly stupid or incredible bad luck (like CC re-nigging on a verbal) that we sacked Maguire without a signed backup....but I can get behind a Sheens mentoring coach role.... not that we have much choice it would seem *shrug*
I agree, with having an experienced coach like Sheens, my caveat though, Sheens was hired to basically keep the Office out of football, and now with his focus on team coaching his other responsibilities may suffer.
The sacking of Madge was obviously more of a priority than finding a new coach.
Back in 2017, Cleary was hesitant to take on the job because of the club's reputation for constant change and sackings. has anything changed?

Yeah, I’m seriously thinking of bailing out on the club atm until the whole rotten edifice is burnt to the ground (figuratively speaking -but for Balmain Leagues which has already met its maker or a certain ex player).

Won’t support another team, just follow the lawn bowling.
It'll come good eventually, I was thinking the board and ceo need to change, the only person who could force that would be benji, if benji takes over the coaching after sheens, if benji is hopeless the board are in huge trouble, if they leave him the joint stays unsuccesfull and a laughing stock, if they sack him they galvanise the media, fans and public agai st themselves, this is a way the board could be moved on. They will be in a no win situation. Things will improve eventually. I was a balmain supporter in 94 we were Sydney tigers out at parra stadium, won the spoon. 11 years later we were the all conquering Wests Tigers premiership team. Never know what's around the corner, but I hear you the board need to be changed asap.

Reactions: TSP
He might be for the experience to guide him for a few years, while they develop the roster then jump back into the hot seat.
I don’t think it would be awkward at all.
they work for the same club they should be working together

He might be for the experience to guide him for a few years, while they develop the roster then jump back into the hot seat.
Possibly. We'll just have to wait and see on what the assistant setup will be.

2 year deal for Sheens as HC.

Back