Wests Tigers Coaches

In hindsight, we should've kept Madge until season's end, then announce the back to the future pairing of Sheens and Marshall. What we hoped to achieve hasn't happened:

Increased on field success ❌
Less 'bad' media coverage ❌
Signed marquee player/s ❌
Signed back-up/fill in player/s ❌

Hindsight though.....

Harry Grant anyone?
He was third in-line though. We gave him 1st grade game time to aid his development and they got Momorovski in return. He (Momo) had a little more experience in the NRL than Harry did at the time, so it looked like they got the better in the deal.
I still remember him getting the standing ovation at the 8th. Geez, I would've stayed after that = career highlight :)

In hindsight, we should've kept Madge until season's end, then announce the back to the future pairing of Sheens and Marshall. What we hoped to achieve hasn't happened:

Hindsight though.....
Ive posted on here when madge was sacked it was wrong, should've waited till end of season, every coach tiger's chased knocked us back. The only winners out of all that was the media lots of tigers click views

I wonder if Madge will end up as the Titans coach? Assuming they part ways with Holbrook at season's end. I would have thought he'd be good at the Warriors, providing that bit of discipline they seem to lack. I'm thinking that the GC could probably do with a bit of toughening up too - if they all played like Fa'asuamaleaui they'd be unstoppable.

Reactions: BZN
I wonder if Madge will end up as the Titans coach? Assuming they part ways with Holbrook at season's end. I would have thought he'd be good at the Warriors, providing that bit of discipline they seem to lack. I'm thinking that the GC could probably do with a bit of toughening up too - if they all played like Fa'asuamaleaui they'd be unstoppable.
Madge is not as popular as people would like to think, he might not get another head coach job, Warriors head hunted Woolfe, when he knocked them back they went for Webster, they didn't want Madge, and said so. The Bulldogs have pretty much said the same about Madge, even if the Titans punt Holbrook, I don't think Madge is their guy

in my books, if 05 didn’t happen, no one at the WT could really be considered a club legend. Like it or hate it , where would we be right now if we didn’t have club legends. Just saying
I disagree. My head immediately goes to Alan Tongue from the Raiders - don't think he ever won a ring but is remembered as a legend.

Hindsight though.....
Disagree. The games left this season provide the opportunity for Pole, Matamua, Madden and co to play in the NRL and gain experience. The expansive style of football and second phase play has been on display for all supporters (and prospective recruits).

Liked Madge for his passion for our club and feel some of this has rubbed off onto the squad going forward. Wasn't happy with his fate. But obviously the club has made a statement that with Noddy and Sheens and later Benji that we are going to be a very watchable team in the future.

Back