Wests Tigers Coaches

I wonder how Sheens is actually going to coach the WT over the offseason?
Is there going to be something that stands out.
He has a reputation of playing as you train.
I would imagine training sessions will be upbeat.
I hope the players, especially the forwards become more physical eg. bigger, greater muscle definition and quicker.
It seemed that most teams had the edge over us in this area.
I am sure Sheens and Benji will look at getting the team to play a more expansive style of football.
To do this you have to earn the right to do so. The forwards in particular need to bigger, faster and more aggressive hitting the ball up and get good post impact metres. When they do this the offloads will come and quicker play the balls.
Our fullback and halves will do better supporting these aggressive forwards.
If we don't do this, our play makers will be like U8's running sideways against organised D. How many times did you see us doing this in 2022. 🤔
Papa is a perfect example of the type of players we need to recruit or develop.

c2ed7f0c58de95dc8d1e40b6a4c140f2.jpg

I hope the players, especially the forwards become more physical eg. bigger, greater muscle definition and quicker.
I am sure Sheens and Benji will look at getting the team to play a more expansive style of football.
To do this you have to earn the right to do so. The forwards in particular need to bigger, faster and more aggressive hitting the ball up and get good post impact metres. When they do this the offloads will come and quicker play the balls.
If we don't do this, our play makers will be like U8's running sideways against organised D. How many times did you see us doing this in 2022. 🤔

View attachment 2720

Not sure, all I know is several players have come out saying he is the most intelligent coach they've ever had.

Not sure, all I know is several players have come out saying he is the most intelligent coach they've ever had.
Brown nosers 🤣.
Seriously though, that's what I want hear.
I am hoping the COE has a positive effect on the players. I'm expecting some cool hairdos from the barber there. 😁

Brown nosers 🤣.
Seriously though, that's what I want hear.
I am hoping the COE has a positive effect on the players. I'm expecting some cool hairdos from the barber there. 😁

Yeah, a lot of the players he coached in Australian team say the same.

Beau Ryan said the same. Mentioned flanno was a more players coach inferred sheens can be all about footy coach but think he knows has to be more flexible with players these days.

Yeah, a lot of the players he coached in Australian team say the same.

Beau Ryan said the same. Mentioned flanno was a more players coach inferred sheens can be all about footy coach but think he knows has to be more flexible with players these days.
The combination of benji and sheens might be the perfect mix benji the people person and sheens the brains

The combination of benji and sheens might be the perfect mix benji the people person and sheens the brains
We also have 3 very attack minded individuals at the helm.

It might take time for it all to gel, but I’m confident we will score some points next year.

Our biggest problem will be depth, because we don’t have any.

We also have 3 very attack minded individuals at the helm.

It might take time for it all to gel, but I’m confident we will score some points next year.

Our biggest problem will be depth, because we don’t have any.

Our biggest problem has been a dud attack. I'm an optimist and delusional most of the time. I think there is a possibility our attack will improve.

I also think our forwards and outside backs bar injuries can do the job. My big concern is the spine excluding API.

Our forward depth though is terrible.

I'm praying some more juniors come through and kill it.

Reactions: 851
Our biggest problem has been a dud attack. I'm an optimist and delusional most of the time. I think there is a possibility our attack will improve.

I also think our forwards and outside backs bar injuries can do the job. My big concern is the spine excluding API.

Our forward depth though is terrible.

I'm praying some more juniors come through and kill it.
Mate I think our juniors are 2-3 years off. End of 2024 is when we’ll see something from pathways.

Even then, you don’t really know who’s going to kick on.

Recruitment will be critical over the next couple of seasons.

Mate I think our juniors are 2-3 years off. End of 2024 is when we’ll see something from pathways.

Even then, you don’t really know who’s going to kick on.

Recruitment will be critical over the next couple of seasons.

Recruitment can be so hit and miss. API and IP are great signings but we've done this so poorly in the past.

I think Pole showed how juniors can come in and perform. Stef isn't old either.

View attachment 2720

Interesting hearing Benji interview recently where Benji was pulling player videos together and will be sitting down with each player to review with them. He did make a point about focusing on their natural playing style.

I actually think if Benji can get it right some of the players by mid season could be very different to what we have seen from them for a while. Say mid season on purpose because they will need some match time to get the style flowing.

This is the only reason I'm excited about the coaching shift because I want to see some dynamic attacking style flowing for us - hate the deadpan league style Madge wanted us to play.

Just reading Canberra are talking to him about a Raiders reunion. Could happen and maybe Sticky planning for his future.

Good on him. If he goes hope it works out well. TBH if there was ever a team built on a Madge style game plan it's probably the Raiders and makes alot of sense.

Back