Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

Richo plans for the future, not the past.
Like many on here I’ve played at the old Leichhardt, attended some cracker games, and used to park at the Leagues Club and walk to/from the ground. Worked perfectly. But that was then and this is now, we have to embrace the future.
I personally don’t care where we play as long as we’re successful( both on field and financially).
Hal don't you live interstate though ? do you still attend games?

Geez that podcast is a tough listen. Almost 2 hours of largely dribble, needs to be edited, trimmed down a lot...

Richo's comments regarding stadia are deeply deeply concerning. Looks like he really has no idea what he's talking about whatsoever.

The way we expand our membership is by having 20k members going to Leichhardt once a month.

There is no larger stadium which is suitable. We won't go to Allianz, we will never, ever go back to Parramatta. Accor stadium is horrible, the members have already overwhelmingly rejected it. So there are no other options. Re-developments for Campbelltown and Leichhardt are the way forwards.

Richo was stating that "women don't want to sit on a hill" well that's bullshit. There were thousands of women on the hill on saturday night, all having a good time. With their children. It certainly sounded like he hasn't been to the ground in over 10 years, and it shows.

Sure, more toilets could be handy, and more corporate space is needed too. Which is why we need to knock down the current grandstand and put in an L shaped stand that wraps around the western and northern ends. There will then be modern facilities, lots of corporate space, more toilets, food, and undercover seating.

Leichhardt is currently as good or better than Belmore, Kogarah and Brookie. And they've all received funding for upgrades. Penrith stadium isn't much better currently either, but due to Liberal party corruption they're getting an renovated stadium too.

Souths moving away from Moore Park worked because their members moved away. The majority of Sydney based Tigers fans still live in and around the inner west, Ctown hasn't embraced the club still, though that can change as we spend more money in the area. We don't have to spend money to engage the inner west, it's a given. If we move out of that area we will lose a lot of fans and members forever so i don't think Richo is that naive.

It wouldn't affect me in any way as I live on the mid north coast.
But I reckon the $$$ gained by council from rates and sale of the land, could well be used for upgrading of local parks and other amenities used daily by the ratepayers.
Baddabing Baddaboom

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Be a very brave government who would agree to throw a bucket load of tax payers money at any football stadium in the present environment. To many urgent projects need money, like public housing,health, cost of living relief and public transport.

Would love to see LO get a total rebuild but is there enough room to actually make it big enough?? Anyway it will not happen so Homebush here we come

Public housing...health, cost of living, public transport...... dont think so, that's gone for weapons and Ukraine. Like your thinking though. Wish you were Prime Minister. You have a heart SC.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Geez that podcast is a tough listen. Almost 2 hours of largely dribble, needs to be edited, trimmed down a lot...

Richo's comments regarding stadia are deeply deeply concerning. Looks like he really has no idea what he's talking about whatsoever.

The way we expand our membership is by having 20k members going to Leichhardt once a month.

There is no larger stadium which is suitable. We won't go to Allianz, we will never, ever go back to Parramatta. Accor stadium is horrible, the members have already overwhelmingly rejected it. So there are no other options. Re-developments for Campbelltown and Leichhardt are the way forwards.

Richo was stating that "women don't want to sit on a hill" well that's bullshit. There were thousands of women on the hill on saturday night, all having a good time. With their children. It certainly sounded like he hasn't been to the ground in over 10 years, and it shows.

Sure, more toilets could be handy, and more corporate space is needed too. Which is why we need to knock down the current grandstand and put in an L shaped stand that wraps around the western and northern ends. There will then be modern facilities, lots of corporate space, more toilets, food, and undercover seating.

Leichhardt is currently as good or better than Belmore, Kogarah and Brookie. And they've all received funding for upgrades. Penrith stadium isn't much better currently either, but due to Liberal party corruption they're getting an renovated stadium too.

Souths moving away from Moore Park worked because their members moved away. The majority of Sydney based Tigers fans still live in and around the inner west, Ctown hasn't embraced the club still, though that can change as we spend more money in the area. We don't have to spend money to engage the inner west, it's a given. If we move out of that area we will lose a lot of fans and members forever so i don't think Richo is that naive.
Wow!!! So where did the Souths supporters move to and why are majority of Wests supporters still living in and around the inner west?

Mate when we are playing well they come
2nd half of 05 season we were getting 17.5k...18.5 & 20k at cambo
Wins. = bums. On. Seats
Fair enough . Like I said if you build the stadium and a half decent footy team , should make it a no brainer . But I’m just voicing the elephant in the room , of which I go in and out of agreeing with unfortunately .

Be a very brave government who would agree to throw a bucket load of tax payers money at any football stadium in the present environment. To many urgent projects need money, like public housing,health, cost of living relief and public transport.

Would love to see LO get a total rebuild but is there enough room to actually make it big enough?? Anyway it will not happen so Homebush here we come
perhaps if they can keep the GF fir the next decade they might be persuaded too

Umm. Penrith is getting a rebuild

Yeh Richo was way off about women not wanting to stand on the hill. Women are equally passionate supporters of the club and loving the hill is not a gender specific thing. You either love it or you don't.

Hal don't you live interstate though ? do you still attend games?
Yes I do live interstate, and no I don’t attend games anymire,but simply voicing my opinion based on what I’d say if I were back in Sydney.
Jedi, I love LO and it’s been a big part of my life, but I can see the point about what we need to do if no govt money forthcoming.

Back