Wests Tigers Home Ground Mega Thread

I’ve been trying to work out what sort of crowd would have attended on Saturday night if the game was played at Accor ?
More, less or the same ?
I think probably more coz while the faithful packed our joint, reckon there might have been 20-25k at Accor. We have to remember accessibility for opposition supporters can also boost the crowd.
And there are a lot of people who say if the games at LO, forget it.
I could be wrong, it’s happened before 🤣🤣🤣
I go to just about every game at LO. Won't ever go to Accor.

I think Richo was just delivering some harsh truths. We've obviously been mislead by previous management as to how good of a financial position the club is actually in & it is no longer feasible financially to continue to play games out of LO.
I don't think it's as simple as that.

The previous management certainly had issues, i was a vocal critic, but they came out and said that our financial position is now in a much better state and we can reward the fans by playing our home matches at our home venues rather than playing home matches in netural and highly unpopular grounds.

I don't think it's unfeasible for us to play at the old home grounds, just that Richo thinks we can make more money elsewhere.

But the fans have already voted with their feet before, even when we had a more successful side, we still rarely got a good crowd at homebush, and fans begged us to leave that empty fishbowl of a ground. we can't leave campbelltown either, having an 'office' down there means bugger all. We have to be seen in the community if we want to represent them.

The fact that Labor haven't held the state seat of Balmain for over a decade might entice them to chip in a bit. It a community asset and the most used stadium in Sydney.

Wow!!! So where did the Souths supporters move to and why are majority of Wests supporters still living in and around the inner west?
They moved out west decades ago... that's why they target south west sydney so much, and play their games in the west...

Reactions: BZN
They moved out west decades ago... that's why they target south west sydney so much, and play their games in the west...
Ok, but that's only 1/2 an answer :)
Why are a majority of Wests Tigers supporters still living in and around the inner west?

Brain dead idiot.
CommBank is Parra’s home ground and always will be.
Where’s Councillor Darcy Byrne (who always insists he’s fighting for us) now?
Darcy is a fraud. I hope PVL steps in and can weave his magic, we need Leichhardt to be around for another 50 years, unimaginable not watching footy there.

I get the new reality, don't like it but i'll go with it. However the new reality as a fan of 25 years comes with expectations. If you are going to kick us out of the ONE shining light as a Wests Tigers supporter I want absolute guarantees.
Cheaper tickets. Not just memberships, all tickets. I will not be returning to my previous 12 plus year membership mindset while you continue to rip people off.
If we are going to return and play out of ACCOR as it looks like Richie wants get the government or whoever hold the purse strings to make it into a football stadium. Not the quasi all purpose dump it is now. A rectangle with stands close to the pitch that can create an atmosphere. We don't need another oval.
The club is doing good things at last, I am all in with Benji and the vision. I was there on Saturday night, walked back to the car through the old hospital like we did through the glory days and the not so glorious times. It felt like i had come home saying hello to an old friend. I want more of that and If they want to take that away from me and the 16000 others there the other night then you had bloody better replace it with something better....
if we do go to Accor we will not need to buy a membership, as you will not need to secure a seat it holds 80k...
Main reason I keep my current memberships at LO and CSS is that I have reserved seating. If we move to Accor you can just rock up plenty of seating

Richo will make sure they have plenty of champagne and prawn dumplings for the corporate suites though

Last edited:
t
I go to just about every game at LO. Won't ever go to Accor.
You didn't go to the semis or GF we played there or may in future

What yiu think you'll do when you say it off the cuff like that without thought... And what you'll actually do down the track when the dilemma is staring you in the face... Can be two very different things

I found that out when we merged

Umm. Penrith is getting a rebuild
Umm. Penrith is getting a rebuild
Yep, but different mood out there now from when that call was made. Also the electorate is a little more aware of vote buying now. Also it will never be a swinging seat between the blue and red team. Maybe red and green, and the green would never throw money at a sports stadium.

It’s rubbish with under 30k crowds.
No... I remember going to a game there against the Roosters I think, the lead changed about 6 times in a high scoring match we won... The atmosphere that night was exceptional... Not always the case though I agree.
Once again it depends on the footy we are playing,. There's been countless LO & CSS games where the opposition has taken the crowd out of the equation

If and when we finally deliver a team that can compete with best week in and week out, LO and Co will not have the capacity to satisfy the demand. When you think we nearly filled the joint on Saturday night after two uninspiring loses to St George and the Raiders. Our crowds are made up of 50% rusted on fans and 50% good time charlies

Back